Heritage Web Solutions / Internet Web building fraud and scam

1460 Moonriver Dr.Provo, UT, United States Review updated:
2.5
Phone: 866-211-0743
This company is the truest of crooks... PLEASE SAVE YOUR SELFS. There is no lower ### then a company that feeds and steels from new small business owners. Heritage Web Solutions specializes in getting your money and frustrating you until you leave. I have hundreds of emails and documents and over 200 hours of wasted time to end up out $1, 300 to Mark Strong who has stolen tens of thousands of dollars from people like you and me. He will simply send a copy of his terms of service. HERITAGE WEB SOLUTIONS TERMS OF SERVICE is over 50 paragraphs of your out of luck. It even says they don’t have to finish the site at all if they don’t want to. I am not kidding. AND BE CAREFUL!! THEY SLIP IT BY WHEN YOU DESCRIBE WHAT YOU WANT FOR A WEBSITE... AFTER THAT YOUR OUT AT LEAST $59 PER MONTH FOR 12 MONTHS IN HOSTING FEES PERIOD!!

I will paste a letter he sent me below that says if you want to go to small claims court you need to come to Utah. You See he knows its not worth the trip and bam he keeps on steeling!! This ### offered me and my business partner $200 because the other $1, 100 should be his for having to email me???

AGAIN SAVE YOURSELFS FROM PURE HELL AND ###!!

SEE LETTER FROM CEO MARK STRONG BELOW.

Mark Strong <mark@hwsinet.com> Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 4:04 PM
To: michael rose <womenslotion@gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
Dear Mr. Rose,

When you accepted Heritage's Terms of Service http://www.heritagewebdesign.com/tos.html on April 2, 2008 you accepted the essence of the third (3rd) paragraph in the Account Termination Agreement. See Section 41.

The purpose of the Account Termination Agreement is simply to put in concise terms the provisions of unwinding our relationship. Heritage doesn't need an additional signed Account Termination Agreement. It is as much for your protection as Heritage's.

It is now your call as to what you want to do. Our position has already been stated: $200 refund and release of Heritage's work to you. If this is not acceptable, then have your attorney communicate with Heritage at:

Heritage Web Solutions
1460 N. Moonriver Drive
Provo, Utah 84604

Attn: Legal Department

As a professional courtesy, please make your attorney aware of Section 43 of the TOS. It establishes the courts in the State of Utah as the courts having jurisdiction in all legal matters. It states:

43. Jurisdiction.

This agreement shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the State of Utah, USA, without regard to any conflicts of laws provisions thereof, as a contract entered into and performed entirely within the State of Utah. The parties herby expressly disclaim the application of the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods. Any disputes between the parties relating to the subject of this agreement shall be submitted exclusively to the jurisdiction of the state or federal courts located in the State of Utah, Counties of Utah or Salt Lake, and the parties expressly consent to personal jurisdiction and venue therein and waive any objection based on forum non convenient or otherwise.

Should you decide to litigate in any other jurisdiction, HWS will engage legal counsel in that jurisdiction. However, HWS will not litigate the merits of the case. Our legal counsel will have the jurisdiction referred to Utah. This “Jurisdiction” provision has been challenged in the courts before and the courts have consistently upheld this provision.

It is hoped that we can terminate this relationship amicably and promptly.

Please advise.
Respectfully,
Mark Strong
Chief Quality Officer
Heritage Web Solutions.

Comments

An
  4th of Oct, 2008
Well, I work for these guys. Their setup is a lot different than you think. Here's the lowdown.

1) They take on jobs and place them in a queue with the name, location, type of job, and the price paid.

2) Contract developers in the relevant field and at the relevant skill level take on the project.

3) It is up to the contractor to get the job done while the bean counters at the top try to protect their investment.

4) The contractor is supposed to contact the client (and stay in contact) and have it done by the "due date" (for each segment, depending on how complicated and large the project is).

5) The site must be approved by the supervisor at each stop (graphic, php, database, HTML, etc) and then by the client.

6) Lastly, the webmasters at the very top of the food chain must approve the job.

This is a very redundant system that relies on the honestly of the developers (contractors), the supervisors, and the management. They do have serious quality control standards.

When you have trouble with them, it's usually because either your project didn't get picked up or the person who did pick it up was a flake. I make a pretty penny picking up "dropped" projects, getting paid the entire price for a few days of work.

When I take on a project, I always put my best effort into it, making sure the client is especially happy with the product. That said, I've also seen more than one developer flake out after getting hired by a "real company". We don't make that much money either BTW, maybe the equivalent of $15 - $20hr.

So, we're taking it on our end as well. I can't blame you for being angry, nor can I blame a poorly paid developer for going after a better paying job. That's just how the world works ... everyone's trying to make a buck.

I hope you all have better luck in the future. Using any "discount" service is definitely hit and miss.
Me
  17th of Mar, 2009
Oh i'm over hear really really upset now. I have been thinking the were playing us all a long and reading all these things confirms it. They're ### and they're big lairs. They made promises to do things that they didn't finish. They promised two months of free hosting and we still have no finished website? How is that truly free? I wonder if we all can join together and get a lawyer to do a class action law suit. It just makes no sense that someone can continue to cheat people out of their money like that.
It
  20th of Mar, 2009
If anyone decides to sue please contact me also. I have my entire 9 month case documented { My business partner was a lawyer- I talked him out of suing months ago out of naivety and I feel too bad to go back and ask him now...BUT! my entire case is highly organized anyway as a result. I also have a signed contract from the CEO with a clearly stated deadline that was ridiculously missed.}

I'll check back here periodically. Please leave me a note. I'm interested in being involved.
If only to help other people who are still out there to get taken advantage of and stressed out beyond belief and have their impetus stomped, as we've had.

Remember that gut clenching feeling when you first realized who Heritage Web really was {after the first or second time the dic-ed you around blatantly} and you realized you were so screwed? When all you wanted was a freaking website- and you were paying for it too!
Ugh.

I don't think this company has any intention of changing.

Leave me a note.
An
  22nd of Apr, 2009
Many times, potential customers do not know what quality they will be receiving. That is why our company, Avanix Web, offers free draft designs.

Please visit www.avanixweb.com and fill out our simple form if you are interested. We have created many websites for small businesses and we start from $299. Unfortunately, we cannot match Heritage's rock bottom $199 ;)
Ca
  14th of May, 2009
We have gotten many calls and emails from individuals complaining about other web developers and their practices. The following article may help anyone seeking web page development. It is entitled "Choosing a Web Developer"

Fr
  30th of Jun, 2009
I too had an issue with Heritage. After many months of poor quality designs and lack of communication, I found a great web design company. 7 day web design. They were fast and reasonably priced. I do not know how to link to them but do a google search.
Si
  28th of Jul, 2009
I want to join a class action law suit-- if anyone else is still intersted on this board, please contact me. I have had a recent terrible issue with them and want to speak with former HWS consumers.

Thank you!
So
  10th of Sep, 2009
Let say that I am also among the unhappy customers that have been cheated by a web site designer company. In a few words, I have payed 100% of the cost and I got nothing in return. It looks like the contract that I have signed is very one sided (the company can deliver, charge and make changes of the contract at their pleasure) and litigation is actually a binding arbitration. Anyone knows what can be done in these cases, the cost might exceed the site value and I do not know how arbitration works in these cases where a company, even when it does not deliver, is quite protected by a one sided contract. (Even if it did not deliver the product)
Do
  10th of Oct, 2009
Anyone filed a small claims suit against HWS and won? Please respond..Have a suit pending..
To
  24th of Nov, 2009
I just want to put it out there that I have fairly low demands but have not had any problem with Heritage web designs. www.tomcarrollscenery.com was completed in a timely manner. I am offered 10 hours of tuneup work per year but end up making the small changes myself anyway. I am sure I could find a cheaper hosting price but they have been solid for us and call every couple of months to check up.