Heritage Warranty / non payment of pre approved repair

1 400 Metro Place NDublin, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800 753-5236

After pre approving repairs the company said I had to pay the dealer up front, submit a claim and they would reimburse me for $427.95. I filed the claim in March, 2008. After no response I sent a letter to the claims office, and another a month later. I received a letter saying the claim was in the system waiting for the carrier to clear it for payment. I called them and asked for a way to speak to the carrier to clear up any problems. They would not give me a phone number or any information. All research shows that Heritage Warranty moved from Lincoln, Nebraska to Dublin, Ohio. There is no way for me to speak to anyone about what it takes to clear the claim for payment.

Comments

• Li
      24th of Sep, 2008

Lib here again... Good news!! I received 2 reimbursement checks today for both repairs mentioned in my previous post. I contacted the Federal Trade Commission, Columbus OH BBB, Ohio Attorney General and the Illinois Attorney General with supporting documents (copies of receipts, contract etc) and got results. I STRONGLY recommend everybody who's been screwed do the same. Good luck!

• Sp
      1st of Oct, 2008

Paid $4, 297 premium for 4/48 motorhome coverage in 5/05. Filed authorized claim 8/08 for $1618.00. Called 9/08 - "payment request submitted". Received call 9/30/08 from National Admin Services (Gordon) who said Heritage assets seized by SC DOI. He offered to sell me a new policy including reimbursement of unused premium ($497) and reimbursement of $1618 within 4 weeks for a premium of $4, 797 for a 3/36 extended warranty. This is actionable via a lawsuit against both Heritage and their "broker" National Administrative Services - it's called a "switch and bait" scheme. I'm filing a lawsuit against the dealer who sold the policy as well as filing several BBB reports. I bet the management of Heritage could care less at this point.

3rd of Oct, 2008

hope that the many people who purchased a Heritage warranty don't have to go through the ordeal that I am going through. My wife and I purchased an RV in 04, at the same time we purchased a Heritage Platinum RV warraanty... In July of 08 we had our first and only claim. I called the number on my contract and had my claim approved by Sam (These spine less employees will never give their last name) at Heritage Administrative Service, (1-800-753-5236 ex 4137). Everything seemed ok, I was told that I could pay the bill ($2439.55) minus my $50.00 deductible and Heritage will have my check in the mail ASAP. I paid the bill. I was told that Heritage would hold up their end of the contract...
    This was a done deal in July of 08. As of today, October of 08, I have seen nothing from Heritage.
    In fact I have called every number in my contract and get the same answer... We are a third party agency and can't give you any one who is actually associated with Heritage to talk with. We only have a computer program that links us to Heritage, other than that we can't give you any number to a Heritage representitave or anyone who took your money, Bla, Bla, Bla... These people are puppets of the higher ups in management.
    I paid $3000.00 for this warranty. I paid $2, 439.56 for the covered repair. As of now I am out $5, 439.56
    Heritage claims that the warranty coverage could exceed the cost of the vehicle.
    I say B.S.
    They want your money and will give you nothing in return...
    I am just an average person, I work hard every day, I pay my bills, I don't take advantage of anyone. Our dream was to buy an RV and enrich our lives. Not a new one, something that we could afford, but I worked my tail off to afford it...
    After months of getting a run around, I am not going to take this any more.
    I paid for a product... I WILL NOT HAVE MY HARD EARNED MONEY STOLEN BY HERITAGE ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES...
    After months of research I have foound the following.

Company owner. Haytham Elzaym
    400 Metro Place N.
    Suite 300
    Doublin, Ohio 43017

Phone number of the assistant of the CEO
    614-358-3605
    Also if the person who answers the phone tells you that you are in touch with Dimension, not Heritage. It's B.S. also...
    Haytham Elzaym owns both company's.
    I have a complaint with the Ohio Attorney Gereral's Office. 1-800-282-0515 against Heritage. This office is very helpful with scammers like Heritage.
    I would like to thank Greg Gerber from RV Industries News for helping me with my journey
    Gerald Dalkiewicz

6th of Oct, 2008

As I said earlier, Hope none of you have to go through this.
    Today I was finally able to talk to an actual human being at Heritage administrative services. Mr. Ken Hilliard, 1-614-358-1500 ex 4134, Claims manager for Heritage/ Admisistrative services. Don't listen to the bull, it's the same company. I was amazed to get a lecture from him about my "ATTITUDE"??? That's why Administrative services hasn't called me back after 3+ months and counting. Not to mention the 50 or so voice mails that they didn't respond to???
    This number was provide to me by the person who actually answer's the phone for Mr, El Zayn( company president/owner)
    614-358-3605
    The short story is that Mr. Hilliard told me that the state of South Carolina has frozen the assets of Heritage admisistrative services/ Heritage Warrenty and I would have to figure out how to contact them on my own...
    803-737-6160 is the number for the state of South Carolina Dpt. of Insurance. The point of contact is Sahra Pagent, I have not made contact with Ms. Pagent, but will update you when I find out more info.
    This should speak volumes about a company... Sorry we can't pay you now because our deceptive and misleading buisness practices have our assetts frozen for the time being???
    Another interesting tidbit. I found a Website this weekend,
    HeritageWarrantyScam.com. I thought I was Pissed!!! but this guy must have really been taken by Heritage. He had sattleite photos of the Mr. El Zayn/Owner's along with Peter Knolla's (Company secretary), house, home address and home phone numbers.
    That site is temporarily down after this weekend, for reasons unknown??? but I'm sure it will soon be back up soon.

I LOVE POEPLE WHO FIGHT BACK!!!

As soon as I figure out how to recieve payment from Heritage I will post this info for all of the others who are in the same boat.
    Don't let this company take your money and leave you holding the bag.
    Hope this has been helpful.
    Been taken by Heritage, E-Mail me at [email protected]

8th of Oct, 2008

I have been told by Ken Hilliard of Heritage (614-358-1500 ex 4134) and others that their assetts were frozen by the State of South Carolina. Apparently another lie by Heritage to avoid payments to those of us who have them coming.

According to the S.C. Dpt. of Insurance, no money has been frozen. Heritage can pay claims and conduct buisness as usual. No funds have to be released by the state or any other government agency.

As of today, October 7, 2007 Heritage is only under investigation for not paying for repairs that they authorized

I also thought this was true due to the buzz about Heritage. But after talking directly to the state, I found this is not the case. The state of S.C. isn't going to take any more crap from Heritage. Call Mrs. pagent and tell her your problem with Heritage

WE AREN'T GETTING REINBURSED BECAUSE HERITAGE DOES NOT WANT TO PAY... PERIOD...

IF HERITAGE OWES YOU MONEY FOR AN APPROVED CLAIM AND THEY WILL NOT PAY.

1. CONTACT SAHARA PAGENT AT THE SOUTH CAROLINA DPT. OF INSURANCE 803-737-6268 THIS IS A DIRECT LINE TO HER.
    SHE WILL HELP YOU.
    2.CONTACT THE OHIO STATE ATTOURNEY GENERALS OFFICE
    1-800-282-0515 AND FILE A COMPLAINT AGAINST HERITAGE.

400 METRO PLACE N
    SUITE 300
    DUBLIN OHIO 43017
    PHONE NUMBER TO MR. EL ZAYN'S OFFICE

gjd
    Chester, Virginia
    U.S.A.

15th of Oct, 2008

I just spoke to an attorney in Arizona and he informed me that Heritage has said they are starting to pay claims starting with the oldest first. I don't believe anything Heritage says but I'm keeping my fingers crossed to see if they are actually telling the truth this time.

22nd of Oct, 2008

I did get a check for my claim last week. Call the number that I posted for the S.C. Insurance Comission and talk to Mrs. Pagent if you still havent been reimbursed. If you don't pressure them you won't get paid

E-Mail me and I'll try to help
    Gerald Dalkiewicz
    [email protected]

23rd of Oct, 2008

Well thats good to hear they are reimbursing. I did talk to Mrs. Pagent's office and forwarded all our information so we'll wait and see what happens.

• Ke
      24th of Oct, 2008

Thanks for the info. I will file next week. I have been waiting for over 2 months now. Thanks Gerald and to all.

25th of Nov, 2008

I received a check today for the amount owed. Been waiting since July. I am going to try and find out about the remaining time on my warranty. No expecting much.

• Ke
      25th of Nov, 2008

I received my check of $1700.00 from Heritage. It was first filed 2 months ago (9/4/08).
    My contact person in SC is: Darryl Vanderhorst at 803-737-6266 and Sara Pagent 803-737-6268 and 803-737-6160. Give them your contract number and any other info. These are direct numbers to their offices and quickly answered and returned my calls. They may not have been directly involved with my recovery of my refund but they are on the case with Heritage.
    HERITAGE IS PAYING THE REFUNDS! Very slowly but still paying is better than nothing.

9th of Apr, 2009

On Nov 19, 2008 we received authorization for repair work. The authorization number is LO830888 in the amount of $87 1.98. As of this date, April 9, 2009, the claim remains unpaid. Heritage Warranty located in Lincoln, NE has an unlisted phone number. Professional information for said company lists Peter A. Knolla as Legal Counsel.

We will be checking this site to see if there is joint legal action taken.

Janet Oster.

• Cl
      13th of May, 2009

Well we all know why we are here, 885.70 is the amount of my claim, spoke attorney general's office in ohio, and 1-803-737-6266 Kenneth Worthy, don't know what is going to happen yet, but i hope i get my money back, so my repairman can get paid, i can't believe this is happening to everyone, just stinks, i wish they would have sent out letters at least, but then again i am sure they don't have a check cut for mailing supplies. ah the joys of life, hey if could be though! i will update if i get anywhere! CLS IN NJ

9th of Jun, 2009

Well ditto to what everyone else has said. My claim is for $559.92 and it was filed in February 2009. I am getting the exact same run around everyone else is. I filed a complaint with the BBBin Ohio and will keep everyone posted on that front as well as I have called and ledt messages for Sahara and Kenneth. Keeping my fingers crossed I at least get my claim, but think I want the whole policy refunded as it is not a valid policy. I think everyone should ask for their money back and shut them down from doing further business - EVER!

• Pa
      12th of Jun, 2009

Sorry to see so many people going through the same thing.We are transmission repair shop that did repiars to a vehicle and Heritage approved 1217.87 on 4-16-08 .Now its been 14 months, I dont think were going to get paid.If there is only some way to stop this company from the sale of boguss warranties to consumers, making the owner of vehicle and the people that work on them to flip the bill.For every one person on this list thier is probabley 500 more.They just need to be STOPPED.

23rd of Jun, 2009

Heritage, Administrative Services, Dimension Services, NASC are all the "same" company, Differnet phone numbers but all in the same office. When they say they are waiting for payment from the "carrier', they mean they are waiting for them to pay it. They are all owned by thew same guy. Hatham ELZAYN, there is also a CEO listed as a female with a different last name, but after further research on some documents she has the same last name [censored]ham, probably using her madam name.

I even found there home address and number. I have been calling but no one will answer! They have a VERY nice house, on a golf course fairway in an upscale neighborhood.

If Hatham somehow reads this i would like him to give me a call.

623-261-3070

Jason
    Phoenix, AZ

P.S. They did not take advantage of me they took advantage of my disabled and unable to work FATHER!!!

• Sc
      27th of Jul, 2009

I am in the same boat... owed over $800 for work done in April. They used to pay the shop directly by credit card, but stopped that practice, apparently, and are making us pay out of pocket. I called the OH Attorney General's office today, and spoke with a woman there (Susan) who is EXTREMELY familiar with Heritage, and has received many complaints about them. I'll be getting my packet in the mail in the next week to file my formal complaint. She said that they do have a pretty good success rate in getting the claims paid. The OH Attorney General office phone is 800.828.0515. Every time I have called Heritage, I get nowhere, and told that they have no way of contacting the "paying office". I will be sending them a certified letter tomorrow stating that I have turned them into the BBB and the Attorney General's office. We'll see if that gets me anywhere... my guess is no.

22nd of Aug, 2009

I purchased an $1864 service warranty contract with Heritage when I bought a used Odyssey in 2003. The contract stated that the purchase price would be refunded less any warranty costs paid out after six years. I carefully, deliberately prepared the data package, submitted it on time using certified mail, worked through discrepancies in the data package, again via certified mail, and proceeded to encounter the same balderdash you've read about several times over. I contacted the Ohio Attorney General based on recommendations made above (Richard Cordray) who conducted research, attempted unsuccessfully to contact the maligned company, and responded to my claim 7/23/09 with "I have received no communication from them. It does not appear that they plan to respond or participate in our dispute resolution process. Therefore, if you wish to purse this matter further, you will need to consider filing a private action." "If you wish to pursue the matter further, you may have the option of filing in Small Claims Court." The statue of limitations is two years. I will attempt to contact Ms. Pagent as suggested above next. If only we could file a class action suit - surely there are enough people on the "screwed" list to provide a lawyer a nice settlement. The suit should name Heritage and, as an accomplice, Administrative Services.
    Marc Stewart, Bainbridge Island, WA
    [email protected]

• Re
      4th of Sep, 2009

I took my v echicle to lexus of Fife/Tacoma, Washington and was approved for repairs. Third party did not release information about heritage - Yes, my vehicle remains at the dealership after 3 weeks because I refuesed to use my credit card for payment. Thanks to the state insurasnce dept. The agencyprovided me good information about Heritage. Some one need to stop the third party company from approving and getting people into problem. I can survive not listening to radio - Now I'm stuck with about $2000.00 to pay before my car is released. This needs to stop. I hope law enforcement will shut the company down.

• Vi
      20th of Oct, 2009

i was approved for payment on a rv claim in may. i also had to pay upfront and was told by the dealer that herritage would send me a ck. so for i've seen nothing. this policy was through rv sheild. i'm not very happy. vicki gustafson