Herberger's / Unprofessional Manager

1 1611 3rd aveDickinson, ND, United States Review updated:
Phone: 7012278784

It is very unfortunate that a wonderful store like Herberger's is run by such an unprofessional, ignorant man! This Dickinson, ND store frequently a mess, actually littered with trash. Many of the items for sale are in disaray and on the floor- especailly the handbag area. I do not want to pay $102.00 for a purse I have to pick up off the floor and clean! Last night was the finally straw for me. A woman was changing her baby's diaper on, YES ON the cosmetics counter. The cosmetics clerk nicely let her know that there is a changing station in childrens section. (NO restroom in this store nor nearby) I then waited to make my purchaces with that clerk, only to have the store manager have a tempertantrum. He actually belittled, yelled, and totally degraded the clerk for speaking to the baby chaging customer! Myseslf and several other customers walked out because they are so understafed and unprofessional I could not get waited on. The young clerk was completely in shambles and crying. A store manager should NOT yell and degrade employees, especially in front of paying customer. He should also be concerned about the filth and disease and overall quality of this store. I am disgusted. I will be filing a formal complaint with the company.

Comments

• Ha
      30th of Oct, 2010

So true.

• Yo
      8th of May, 2011

Did you seriously just put your card number up there? Ever hear of identity theft?

• Yo
      8th of May, 2011

sorry I am new to this site. I hit reply to a post before yours and it posted it here. Cant figure out how to get it off. I worked at a herbergers for 4 yrs towards the end it was horrible. Not enough staff and over worked with no raises.

• Wa
      8th of Oct, 2017

Management is poor at Minnesota stores too. Very ignorant. Coming down escalator and yelling across customers to you to go help them when they are already being helped. Upset when they are understaffed and customers come to your counter and you happily help them instead of sending them back to that original dept. Can't win as employees. Overworked, no pay raises... too much politics with managers. They ignore certain employees who consistently get good comments or praise from customers and really slam them when another employee lies to them about a situation to save their own butt.