HDI*DOM BUYERS EDGE / Unauthorized use of debit card

United States Review updated:

While balancing my Nov. bank statement I came across a POS Purchase for the sum of $99.oo listed from a POS Purchase Terminal on 11/01/07 from a HDI DOM BUYERS EDGE IN New Jersey. My husband and I had no idea what this was because neither one of us had authorized any such transaction. I went to my computer and put in HDI DOM BUYERS EDGE.com to see what would come up. On the first line of this page it said "Rip Off Alert: HDI DOM BUYERS EDGE, I got my answer, we were scammed! This company charged us for $99.00 and it was never authorized. I printed the web page I brought up on my computer and called my bank. The first thing I was told to do was to file a complaint right here on the internet and make a copy of it when it gets posted, then take it to the bank and they will investigate it further. Everyone, check your bank statements every month, you could be the next victim in this scam ring.

Comments

Sh
  26th of Nov, 2007
I also had money debited from my account by this company. When I called them they told me that they were given my information when I placed an order through Domestications a catalog service that sells bed and bath products. When I placed my order through Domestication their rep was offering all kinds of products and services, but my answer was also no. It seems that even if you say no they will still put you into the database and charge you for the service. I never received anything from Buyers Edge saying that I was signed up for their program, only the $99 was debited from my account, which I quickly put a stop payment on and Buyers Edged said they would credit my account in 5 to 7 days, but the one really to blame in my case is Domestications for giving them my info to take the money from my account.
Ja
  11th of Jan, 2008
I also order from domestications catalog and have never been contacted by this buyers edge
. Futhermore this $99.00 was deducted from my mothers account two days ago Jan 9, 2008 and she does not have a telephone to be cotacted nor does she receive mail before I see it.
It
  31st of Jan, 2008
I was charged $99.00 from the same company Buyers Edge.
I did not purchase anything from them did not know they
existed.

I will bring this up with my bank. I ordered a bedspread from Domestications catalog way back in August. And I returned it the following day. I will also contact them in regard to this charge.
Su
  9th of Jun, 2008
This company is apparently has a thing going with Domestications Catalog and if you use your Debit Card you automatically get debited the $99.00.
This is a scam. Because if you tell them you don't want to do the special offer "for just $99.00." You wind up being charge it only.

I believe this should be looked into as it sounds like something illegal and should be put to a stop.

I am going to advise everyone I know not to do business with Domestications Catalog and that should cut this off and put a stop to their scam.

Susan Maffeo
Tampa, Florida
Ri
  19th of Oct, 2008

HDI*DOM BUYERS EDGE - fraud
HDI*DOM BUYERS EDGE
New Jersey
Phone: 8664247100

I never authorized this company to charge my credit card $14.95 per month since 6/9//07. I never scrutinize my bill and by accident I found this charge. I want it removed from date of inception.

Thank you.
Ju
  11th of Nov, 2008
I was just online balancing my checkbook and found a charge of $14.95 with this phone number. I did a search on the number and found others were having the same issue. I will call them and get this straightened out ASAP. This is dirty and ludicrous!!
Ke
  20th of Nov, 2008
I need someone from YOUR company to e-mail me with a immediately. YOU have charged me for something I did not order or authorize.
Ba
  11th of Aug, 2009

HDI*DOM BUYERS EDGE - Monthly unauthorized debit
HDI
Maine

They posted 2 monthly payments of $14.95 each. Just got off the phone with lady, she says she will reverse one charge. The other one stays. She said I clicked on a $ 10 coupon which automatically enrolled me her "cost saving" organization. SCAM
Au
  22nd of Oct, 2009
I agree, thanks for sharing everyone. I was offered their membership for $2 and glad I did some research to not authorize them use of my credit card. Thanks for everyone sharing their experience so others do not get scammed!
Mr
  30th of Dec, 2009
I used a Business card to buy new drapes for an office, and on my statement it says INSTALLMENT 3 of 800... They are charging me #37.76 per month.
Had I not spotted this they would have taken $30, 208.00 and I did not notice it the first 3 months!

I will NEVER do business with domestications again... How I wish I was out of Law school because I would be filling suit! I called domestications and spoke to the very rude call center, who tells me "You must have authorized it" and I replied with "like the other 20 or so thousand people who are making complaints about domestications online"

Yet another scam I will NEVER do business with domestications again!

Pipe It Right Plumbing
Davenport Fl
Be
  1st of Apr, 2010
I just don't understand! This is been going on since 2007, so why hasn't anything been done about these people.

I was getting ready to head out for lunch yesterday and decided to check my account before leaving. I immediately noticed that I was overdrawn which is something that I don't do. I called the bank and found out that it was a $99.00 charge with HDI DOM Buyers Edge from when I shopped on the internet with Domestications. I had bought some new bedding and curtains back in February 2010 and they hit my account March 30th for this charge. I had already paid for the bedding and curtains. I immediately left work and went straight to my bank. I signed papers and closed out my debit card. You need to check your accounts often to make sure nothing like this happens to you. I have 5 grandchildren and another one on the way and I'm always buying things for them, but stupid stuff like this can mess anybody up when they live on a budget.

Something needs to be done to stop this right now!! This has been going on for too long. How do we stop these people from even having a website to do this to us? How awful this world has become.
Cl
  4th of Apr, 2010
Same thing happened to me on Friday March2, 2010! Fortunately, it was still in the pending stage and my Bank (Bank of America) was gracious enough to understand and took care of this and did not authorize the charge! I strongly agree with you as to when is something going to be done about this - when I called the company - they answered the phone "Member Services" and then would not give me any information! I have reported them to the BBB with the hopes that something will be done! I like you live on a budget, so when I went to use my card at the store and it would not accept it for a 33.00 purchase, I knew something was wrong so I went on the computer to check and that's how I found it. There are so many scams to watch out for now it makes you scared to use your bank information or credit cards on anything!