HD Camera World / Fraud & scam

1 ChâtelUnited States Review updated:
Phone: 021 8260194

Deceitful company 'the Camera Professionals' now sells under new name 'HD Camera World' ?
I was ready to order a video projector with www.TheCameraProfessionals.com because their price was so much lower than all the other companies, when I read about the 90 complaints for this company. One complaint said that they sell under different names in order to get away with their fraudulent schemes. When I tried to buy it from a different company I came across www.hdcameraworld.com who advertised the same low price. Being a bit more careful now I looked into the 'About Us' and discovered that the text is almost identical to the one of the cameraprofessionals. So be warned - most probably the same deceitful company is behind it.

Ma

Comments

• Su
      7th of Jul, 2008

Thank you, I was about to order a GPS from them, but it was the 4th of July weekend. I am also traveling, and did not want it to be left on my front porch.

I was nervous about the incredibly good price, as well. After hearing these comments, I am glad I waited, so that I won't lose my money or even worse have identity fraud. I do appreciate having others share, so keep it up everyone, so that no one gets taken advantage. Suz

• Gr
      14th of Jul, 2008

Add www.shopdigitaldirect to the list, I ordered Home Theater projector and got a call asking if I wanted to upgrade to the retail version. for $179., asked what that was and was told the proj. I ordered comes without the bulb. They are a wholesale company. Nowhere on site does it state either. Obviously got upset with him and cancelled. He also tried to stick me with cancellation charge.

14th of Jul, 2008

I am joining the throng of complainers about HDCameraWorld. I ordered a Canon Powershot 720A on June 30th and today I called to find out why it hadn't been shipped. After holding for 45 minutes was told that they had tried to reach me to tell me I hadn't ordered the $49 special battery for this camera and they wouldn't ship the camera unless I bought the special battery. When I said I wanted to cancel the order I was told there would be a 15% cancellation fee and they could charge that fee because it was posted on their website. I don't see it there. I have been ripped off of a $30 fee . . . Not a huge amount as scams go but I'm angry about it.

• Er
      17th of Jul, 2008

In researching The Camera Professionals on the Better Business Bureau'a website I discovered that this company also does business under the following names.

Best Digital Online
    HDCameraWorld
    Pay Less Digital
    The Camera Pros
    UB Digital

My experience with The camera professionals was so HORRIBLE I made a youtube video from the experience (including a phone conversation that I had with their customer service department - I did advise them that the conversation was being recorded). To help me break this scamming company, please go to youtube.com and type "the camera professionals" in the search box. Please leave comments!

18th of Jul, 2008

Wish I had checked them out before blundering into there web of deceit. Live and learn. What recourse do I have? My bad for falling for there low price scam. They shipped the camera I ordered, but did not include the accessories in there so-called "starters package". I may never receive theses, but I will do everything I can to expose their tactics.

• Do
      21st of Jul, 2008

I ordered a Garmin GPS and was told to call to verify, when I did I was told the maps were out dated and I had to pay extra for 2008 maps. I said ok and should have realized the price with the maps was not any lower than anywhere else. Ordered June 20, 2008 did not get it until July 11th, 2008 after numerous phone calls to them. Money taken off my charge on June 26, 2008. Now when I went to register GPS was told it was already registered. DO NOT BE TAKEN IN WITH THE LOW PRICE, IT IS NOT WORTH IT.

• Le
      21st of Jul, 2008

I ordered a Olympus 550 camera. they stated it was new and I could buy a 5 year extended warranty for another 30 bucks. Got the camera, it didn't work and the extended warranty was for 3 years. Returned the camera and they received it on 7-17-08, still no refund credit on my credit card. I think the Attorney General of NY should get involved. Will most likely have to dispute the charge with my credit card co.

• Le
      21st of Jul, 2008

The camera I ordered did not have a Olympus warranty card and did not come in a factory box. I think they sold a refurbished camera as new.

• La
      24th of Jul, 2008

Do not buy from this company.
    I called them about a GPS unit that was very good price.
    They told me it didn't have a battery...IT DOES
    I hung up and called back thinking I got an ignorant sales person.
    This person said yes it does have a battery but I needed to buy maps to load.
    When I told them that from what I understood, it came preloaded, they said no it doesn't, I needed to buy the map.
    The guy yelled at me, saying "You want the map or not".
    When I asked him to explain what it said on the description about being preloaded, HE HUNG UP.
    I called Garmin...IT COMES PRELOADED, you don't need to buy a map.
    THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THE SERVER

• Da
      24th of Jul, 2008

I even called before I ordered online and asked about a battery...I was told it came with one...and then the call came for more money and a "real battery". Pay more somewhere eles and walk away happy.

• Ga
      27th of Jul, 2008

Thanks for taking the time to post your complaints. I was tempted to buy a Fujifilm camera from HD CameraWorld since its price is so much less than others I have seen online. Fortunately, before ordering, I searched their name and came upon this website. It isn't worth saving a few dollars to go through the hassles all of you have described. I'll order from Amazon.

29th of Jul, 2008

I ordered a Canon PowerShot camera on 7/27/2008 from HD Camera. When I called to confirm my order, I was put on hold for 30 minutes. Twice a person came on line and said "please wait". When they got on line, they said they were shipping out my order, but I would have to order a battery. I had called before my order and they said that it was complete as listed by Canon. He hung up the phone. This company is a scam and sould be stopped from their decepitive practices.

• Je
      29th of Jul, 2008
    HD Camera World - Customer Service Online Ordering

I ordered a GPS unit from HD Camera World and called the same day to confirm my order, Michael Levy (customer service rep) tried everything in his power to upsale me software, warrenties, etc. The called was finished when I explained I just wanted the GPS unit and he hung with a smug "I'll just send the unit Mam."

One week later and no unit, so I called HD Camera World again and talked to Michael again. He explained to me that I had never called to confirm order that it would definitly not be to me by the date expressed on order form. I asked to speak to manager and was hung up on. Called again, hung up on. Called again and was told that the order had been cancelled, then hung up on, no explanation!

TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE!!!

• Ho
      30th of Jul, 2008

THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DELT WITH EVER!!!
    DO NOT EVEN CONTACT THEM; THEY WILL WASTE YOUR TIME UNTIL YOU SPEND TOO MUCH AND THEN THEY LIE ABOUT DELIVERY; TELL YOU YOUR CARD WAS DENIED AND TRY TO GET MORE MONEY!
    STAY AWAY; THEY ARE WORSE THAN THE DEVIL!!!

• Ji
      31st of Jul, 2008
    camera world - Do not buy from these idiots!!
    camera world

July 31, 2008:
    I was leery of the web-listed price for a Garmin nuvi 650 GPS as it was more than 30% lower than almost all other vendors, so I decided to call to find out what was "in the box" as this is not described on their website.
    The salesman responded to my request to purchase by immediately asking if I wanted maps with it. I answered no and he responded that I had to get maps. I responded that I am very familiar with the unit, because I own one and am purchasing this one for my wife, that it comes preloaded with the maps from Garmin...at which point he cut me off by saying he only sells them when you buy the maps and he hung up. This is, euphemistically, a "misrepresentation." Don't trust this company and I would never buy anything from them on-line.

• Ti
      4th of Aug, 2008

I agree with all, they are the devil.I called to confirm my order and this guy told me I was getting an overseas model camera and said it was made out plastic . I told him to just cancel the order and it had been only 30 minutes since I ordered told me that he would have to charge me $60.00 to cancel my order, I said no way am I going to pay you . They should be shut down immediately .

4th of Aug, 2008

I was placed on hold serveral times to confirm an order that I placed on 7/25/08. When some one came on the line, there greeting HOW CAN I HELP YOU. There was no greeting on the company name or anything. I work in a business where customer services is key to selling the product. So since you customer services was clearly so rude. I canceled my order and will let all my business associates and friends know not to use your company.

4th of Aug, 2008

This company is a fraud! We actually called the company before placing the order for an Olympus camera and asked them how they could sell at prices much lower than their competitors. They told us it was because they bought wholesale lots. We ordered the camera. Next my daughter received a call from them telling us we needed to buy the battery for the camera at an extra $60.00. She told them no way, and to cancel the order. They hung up on her! I immediately called my credit card company and had them to deny any charges made from this company on my credit card. I then called the company and of course had to wait 30 plus minutes on hold before anyone answered my call. At this point I told the woman to make sure my order was canceled. Get a cancelation number from them! I asked her why they charge extra for a battery that comes in the box with the camera. She said it says on the website that the camera does not come with the camera. I disagreed with her, and of course, she humg up on me! This website needs to be shut down! Do Not Buy!

• Pi
      6th of Aug, 2008

I wished I had seen the complaints listed on your web-site before ordering. Ordered a camera on Saturday Fuji S700, they e-mailed my husband asking him to confirm order, they tried to get us to up grade telephoto lens, then to up-grade filters, frustrated with the situation, we down graded our package from professional to intermediate. He then hung-up on us. Husband called back to check status on Wednesday, we were told guy from Saturday didn't want to deal with us and had canceled order, we never got a confirmation of that having been done, only the confirmation of original order. The so called manager then tried to tell us the batteries and charger on the original order were no longer in stock and would not carry them anymore and it would cost an extra $50 for the 4hr battery and charger. At this point I had my husband hand me the phone and asked him to explain it to me. I then tried to voice my concern the manager said he didn't want to listen that he understood the situation and that I did not need to go through it with him. I then told him repeatedly to cancel the order and he kept trying to tell me why charging me $70's and down grading the memory from 4GB's to 2 GB's was a better deal for me. As it stands right now I am concerned he will charge our credit card account anyway. 8-6-2008.

• Ke
      8th of Aug, 2008
    HD Camera World - low prices? not really!
    HD Camera World
    New York

I thought ot would be a good deal. They were charging almost half of what other sites were charging for a particular camera model...

Very odd to receive an email after placing the order which said "please call ###### to confirm your order." Very strange indeed! I have ordered many things online, and after filling out the form, you get your product in a few days. Suspicious!

After several calls of waiting and waiting with no pickup, finally got through, and the rude fella who kept talking over me said" we needed to reach you because the camera you ordered had no battery." Who sells cameras without batteries??!?? Of course, this bumped up the price considerably, making the "savings" obselete.

Now worried that this unscrupulous business has my credit card numbers, I feel I must warn others against this shady dealing...