Haplin Data Services / grand slam scam

recieved letter telling me i had won a grand slam and asking for £5. Thank you for your website. Mark Wood.
Thier address RESEARCH DEPARTMENT
REPLY PAID 1313
RUNAWAY BAY QLD 4216
AUSTRALIA

More Haplin Data Services Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• He
      27th of Oct, 2008

I have recieved a letter stating that I am a Gran Slam Winner, but have never entered anything to be crowned the winner of! I have never even heard of the company, so be wary of anything that arrives on your doorstep through the post! They want me to send them £5.00 in the post!

• Da
      23rd of Nov, 2008

Rip off artists need their brushes taken away.They sure put alot into these, don't they?

• Sh
      28th of Nov, 2008

i just receive a scam like that today, thanx mark wood for ur comment. i cant beileve these pple the amount of time they put in these scams.

• La
      28th of Nov, 2008

i just got the same letterand an envelope, thankyou for letting me know that is a scam

• Ph
      29th of Nov, 2008

i have just got one of these scam letters. thanks for the warning of it being a scam

• Pe
      12th of Jan, 2009

my name is peggy mattson i had recieve a letter from Haplin Data Services saying i won the grand slam. and i was to send them $29.95 to get it. Thank god i did check it out. thank you for this site Mark.

• Wi
      25th of Sep, 2009

To participation in the US lottery games for $29.95

1st of May, 2010

I won a grand slam from Haplin Data Services back in 2006 - 2008 and I sent in $10.00 for a list of winnners and didn't recieve any money accept a letter from the USA goverment indicating my money was handed over to Mrs. Anne Robinson acting on my behalf. I can be reached at 1-508-798-8596 if further details is needed. I hope that this situation can be resolved in a professional manner. Thank You!

Sincerely,

Haplin Data Services
    the Number Crunchers
    Locked Bag32
    Bundall, QLD 4217 Australia

I was informed I won a prize from your lottery and I sent in 10.00 dollars for a list of winners and was informed that my money was picked up from the USA government. They were acting on my behalf and I would like to know if you can look into this matter further. the drawing took place between 2005 - 2008. Thank you!

Sincerely,

P.S.

My old Address : Claudette Flores
    46 B Richards Street
    Worcester, MA 01605

• Se
      1st of Jul, 2010

I just recieved one today also from research department po box 1313 runway bay Qlc 4216 Australia, this is the second one that i got, if i won a prize why wouldnt they just take the fee out of what i won, they are just wasting money, they were not fooling me, im here in philly, i wonder how many people actually send them money, i hope they get caught

23rd of Oct, 2010

Received a postcard from the same address saying I won $3, 000, 000 from Canada 6/49. They want card returned along with $10 and within 7 days so I can receive delivery. Doesn't make sense that Australia would be handling winnings for Canada 6/49. Thank you for your web site and all the comments.
    Marnie

• Ro
      1st of Mar, 2011

Hi Claudette,
    I know this post is almost a year old, but just in case this lingered in the back of your mind, this "lottery" is fake. The hopes of this lottery is simple. If 600, 000 people fall for the scam and send in a measly $10.00 then the scammers are now millionaires raking in $6, 000, 000. I have attempted to go after these people and other smiliar scammers, but since they are out of the country there is really nothing that we can do other than inform others and pass the word. There are other variations of the scammers including one person being "stuck at an airport" or "lost thier child" which is sure to play on the strings of any parents heart. Sorry that you wasted $10.00 to these $%*Q)$)@($. If you have any other questions you can email me @ BSTNROMEO1985@Yahoo.com

15th of Aug, 2012

Why did the man in the brown suit come from australia and spend time here in the USA. Also the Spain Lottery winnings was fake as well I guess! Whether it was or not thanks for the information late in life! So was Australia' flooding fake?