Hampton Bay Solar Landscaping Lights / They have all broken off

I purchased 2 sets of Hampton Bay solar landscaping lights for a gift. The stakes that go in the ground were plastic and after being in the ground a month or so the starting breaking off and as of now 6 months after purchase they have all broken off.

I contacted Hampton Bay and they said too bad Home Depot requested that the stakes be plastic and would do nothing about them.

I am very disappointed since I thought Hampton Bay was a top of the line company.

I will never buy Hampton Bay again since they did not even offer any help.

Ga

Comments

Mi
  6th of Jun, 2008

I recently spent over $150 on a Hampton Bay light set... I have had them for less than 3 months and the stakes are broken. I have no use for lights that won't stand upright! Something should be done!

Cb
  19th of Mar, 2009

i just purchased and installed 4 sets of hampton bay solar lights. cheap quality! out of 24 lights 11 won't stay lite. i'm i doing something wrong or is this product just garbage

Li
  30th of Jun, 2009

My 10 lights with 2 batteries and 1 LED each stay lit until the next morning, but the plastic stakes have started breaking. I called several weeks ago and was told that the replacements would take several weeks as they were out of them. However, it has been over 2 months and nothing has arrived, so I am returning them to Home Depot. This is the very last day to do so (90 day return policy).

The whole light and stake are plastic that is very brittle and breaks easily.

Don't buy this product.

Ch
  6th of Sep, 2009

I had the same experience with the plastic stakes... they all broke off and now I am searching for replacement stakes. Unfortunately, I cannot find anyone that sells them anywhere. Very poor product planning.