Halo Debt Solutions / Unauthorized charges

On January 5, 2009 I began working for Halo Debt Solutions as a debt consultant. This is a commissioned base job, the more people I can help get out of debt the more I got paid...so I thought.

Very early on I knew it was not what I expected. There were very little rules and absolutely no oversight of the debt consultants. At my previous company my calls were recorded and we would review them for accuracy and honesty, at the very minimum once a week. Halo has no script...you write your own...so you never know what you will hear come out of a consultants mouth.

Even though the consultants have little oversight, they are extremely less successful than the other debt solution company I worked for, this I cannot explain. What this mean though, is that they have opportunity to help more people than they are helping.

I immediately decided this was not for me. I began to look for other work. During this time I enrolled as few clients as I possibly could because Halo did not instill the confidence in me that they would help my clients. I was right.

One of the first clients I enrolled in the program, never received her welcome package. This was to be received approximately two days before the start date. Two months into the program and several hundreds of dollars the client had still not received her welcome kit. I had put multiple notes in the system for the client to be contacted by her account representative, only two messages were left. I spoke with my client again and she stated she would like to cancel and a refund. I transferred her to Kemarie Mcminn, who sent her to someone else, they processed the cancellation but refused her a refund. They done absolutely 0 work for her, kept her money, and then charged back the commission they paid to me for her enrollment. They stole from the client and their employee.

I began feverishly looking for another opportunity. I found one, took a three-day vacation, and Brett Russell fired me via voicemail. I guess while I was on vacation he found information about me planning to leave when I returned. When they fired me, it was the day before payday. They refused to give me my check. I worked for two weeks without pay, they also will not pay me the commission due on others I have enrolled.

I plan to make it my mission to tell people the truth about Halo, not one management person has an ounce of integrity.If you are enrolled with Halo, I urge you to cancel.

Ru

Comments

• Ha
      13th of Apr, 2009

On behalf of Halo Debt Solutions, Inc., we would like to take this opportunity to respond to the above-named individual’s statements.

It is disappointing to ever lose any employee of a company, whether they have been there for years or a few days, especially on adverse terms. It is no exception with this individual. We regret that she separated from Halo with such a negative disposition in regards to Halo's process, people, and purpose. It is unfortunate that we were unable to discuss this disconnect and work through any underlying concerns that she may have had before resulting to this type of forum. We obviously do not agree with her assertions and claims, and hope for the opportunity to discuss any issues that she might have with Halo. Regardless of her ill will, we sincerely wish her the very best in all of her future endeavors.

Halo currently maintains a staff of 86 employees who passionately service thousands of satisfied clients nationwide. In addition to providing practical financial solutions for Americans who are deeply in debt, Halo is also providing employment for 86 families and making a positive economic impact in the North Texas area. Halo is committed to providing all of its services with integrity, honor, and excellence.

If you have questions about Halo Debt Solutions, Inc. or would like to learn more about the debt settlement process, please visit us on the web at www.halodebt.com or call 866.448.0174.

Cade Thompson
    Chief Executive Officer
    Halo Group, Inc.

• Da
      3rd of Apr, 2010

BBB has rated "F" on Halo.