Hair Today Gone Tomorrow / REFUND OWED TO ME!

1 836 75th streetNaperville, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1877no hairs

I prepaid $4545.00 for a package of 9 sessions for the following treatments: underarms, bikini line, full legs, and bikini ext. There was a "buy 1 get 1 free" special so the bikini ext. was free. The prepaid package amounts were: $495 for the underarms; $765 for the bikini line; $4050 for full legs; and bikini ext. = $1575 (but was the buy 1 get 1 free) - the total they calculated and charged me for came to $4545.00 (even though it doesn't totally work out with the #'s above). The technologist I signed the contract with was Kate Hartwig. She was very nice.
I had used various #'s of sessions dependent upon my hair growth for that area. When I was about halfway through my sessions (give or take a few), I discussed my hair loss progress with a technologist and l explained that this service did not seem to be working for me. She agreed that I did not have as much hair loss as expected. I decided not to continue any more services considering the unfortunate outcomes thus far. The technologist indicated to me that I would have $2000.00 returned to my credit card within 4-6 weeks. She also said to call the corporate number to ensure they stay "on top" of my refund.
About 3 days later, Hair Today Gone Tomorrow no longer existed!! I was shocked! There was no one from the company to even talk to! I called the voicemail box phone # that everyone was directed to call. I left 3 messages with all my information and NEVER heard from anyone! Then the vociemail box was always completely full no matter how long I waited to call over and over again!
Now, I'm out $2000.00 - I feel they stole it from me.

K7

Comments

• Sk
      10th of Mar, 2010

Unfortunately, these fly-by-night companies are popping up more and more. However, you do have recourse.

First of all, you can do some further research on the company and see if you can come up with more information like their corporate headquarters (if they are/were a chain) or any higher-ups and use this information to file a small claims case against them. Keep in mind, however, that actually getting your money back may prove impossible.

Your other option is to take all the information you have plus any cancelled checks, bank statements, receipts, etc. and go to your local District Attorney's office. It's a pretty safe bet that you aren't the only one this happened to and they may well already have information about similar cases and can add your case to it or this may be the beginning threads of a large investigation. Again, a refund of your money may or may not occur, but if you don't try it definitely won't happen. Companies like this count on customers just "writing it off"...Don't let them get you!

Good luck!

• Ce
      20th of Sep, 2010

Same thing happened to me. Nu U med spa in taking former clients 888-801-2242.
    Contact the Better Bussiness Bureau 312-832-0500
    also contact
    Lisa Madigan for Illinois State attorney generals office 217-782-1090
    and let then know what happened. Read my last posting and it will give more details. Good Luck

• Ce
      20th of Sep, 2010

same thing happened to me