Guaranteed Consumer Funding / Good question

1 8200 Greenboro DriveMcLean, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-747-4119

I ordered a computer (Way over priced by comparison with other retail companies) thru Guaranteed Consumer Funding in January. I was also told that after 5 payments at $29.99 per week the computer would be sent me. After the 5 payments, I called Guaranteed Consumer Funding to see when my new computer would be delivered. After a long, long wait on hold, I was told that my computer was being built specially for me (give me a break) I have made 25 weekly payments since and was told that my delivery date would be the week of June 9 through 17, and no computer. The weeks of June 9 through 17 came and went and still no computer. When I call to check the status of my delivery date I get nothing but a runaround and no computer.

The wait time when I call the so called customer service is typically between 45 to 50 minutes. I don’t dare leave a message; since I am confident I will not be getting a call back. This company is a fraud and geared only in retrieving their payment, which they are very good at; nothing else. They prey on consumers with weak or no credit.

Don’t even attempt logging into their shell website, all one will get is advertisement and non congenial information, together with no log in capability. Unfortunately, their customer service staff is illiterate and in my experience, only women, and I’m sure underpaid and easy to teach to answer questions with lies such as Dell is having delivery problems and make promises they don’t even know how to keep.

I called this company so as to CANCEL my order all together, but as I suspected, I was on hold for 52 minutes with various teases leading one to think that someone was answering, then the artificial voice recording and back to that cheesy hold music. Here is where it gets better for this company. I finally spoke with a customer services representative. I explained to her that I wanted to cancel my Loaded Payment Program, and that I wanted a full refund of what I have paid to this company thus far for something that I didn’t receive.

She graciously put me on hold, when she returned she told me that my payment plan had been canceled and that they could NOT refund layaway plans. I asked her to connect me with a manager and she could only take my number and said that someone would be calling me.

A layaway plan means that product is being held at the store until full payment is received. This is not the case with this company. I was told that Dell was building my computer especially for me, and that it would be delivered on a specific time frame. I took time from my work days to ensure a seamless delivery of the ghost computer. The company failed in their agreement and I WANT MY MONEY BACK IN FULL.

Hector
Monterey, California
U.S.A.

Comments

• Sh
      12th of Aug, 2008

Hector,
    I also attempted 2 purchase a computer from them and was screwed 4 well over $600. I put a stop payment on my account and called numerous amounts of times. Hector, G.C.F. said i didnt fill out my second address was the hold up, even though i wrote beside it on the form that i had 1 address...They have caller i.d. and most the time will treat you like we did something wrong and treat you like a piece of ###. My arrangement was after 3 payments in a row they would send it..ya right. lol I sent them $150 rush delivery fee on top of the money i had already sent them. Please can you give me some ideas so that i can resolve this issue. My next moves are calling the boston globe and boston herald. Channel 25 and 7 news and investigateing teams and the attorney general 2 try 2 get them shut down...Hey thanks bro and i hope 2 hear from you soon. if you can send your reply 2 this email address from now. thankyou..

Shawn (Dorchester, MA.)

• Me
      14th of Sep, 2008

The exact thing happen to me. I order a computer through gcf paid one fee of 99 dollars and made 5 weeks on time my payments were 64 dollars every two weeks. I called to get my delivery date they give me June 9-17 which was a month and 9 days later. That date came no computer. I call back they gave me another date said Dell was have problems. The date they gave me was two weeks later.Two weeks came no computer. I call back they said Dell had to lay people off. I should get it no later then Friday. So at this point I felt like I had been rip off so I called dell and they did not no anything about they had lay offs in the warehouse. So I called ups, fedex, and dsl delivery and asked could they look on the computer and see if I had a home delivery for my address ups was unable to look up my address but fedex an dsl delivery said they had no order schedule for delivery at my address. It this point I new I had been screwed. So my my sister told me to called the better business bureau and asked them who I should call to do a complaint and to get someone to investigate the company. I called them they connected me with someone I explain everything I gave them my information to go on the web and pull up my account and to find out more about the company. They told me they would hand my complaint over to someone to investigate the whole company and from reading there web page they found some problems that was wrong like they did not list there address on the web just a number. I have not heard from the investigation yet it has been about 2 an a half months. But when I hear something I will post it. An no I never got the computer and when Friday came I had a letter in my box that said that gcf cancel my order an if I still wanted the computer I had to pay the remaining payments then they will send it. They already done receiver over 900 dollars out of me, on time payments, they must be crazy if they think I'm going to pay another 900 dollars.

melissa (arkansas)

4th of Nov, 2008

Do not trust this company, They are ripping us all off. They have stole $1058.68 from me. No computer No refund, they cancelled my account and want payment for the balance, I dont trust them. I hope some Lawyer out there can help us. Everybody should let Dell know how they blame them for not delivering the computers.

• Mi
      2nd of Feb, 2009
    Guaranteed Consumer Funding - Scam and cheating
    Guaranteed Consumer Funding
    gcf4all.com

I saw the advertisement for this company on television and called them and placed an order in August 2008. I complied with all of their regulations and patiently waited for my computer. A shipment date was given, but did not arrive in my given shipment week. I called them and they said due to Dell's plant being destroyed or whatever because of a hurricane, they were behind two months and gave me a new shipment date, no computer.

I called them again and they told me that all shipments were postponed until January 12th when they would resume shipments as the the shipment companies were living items without getting signatures resulting in claims against them. They asked me to call back the week of January 12th for a new shipment date which I did. My computer is due this week, January 18th-January 27th which hasn't shown up yet and I doubt it will.

I read Cheryl's report, also from Stockton, CA. She has been trying to get her computer since March 2008. I am not sure how to proceed from here.

• Bt
      14th of Sep, 2009

This company is an absolute scam. I began this process in December of "08" . Paid my $99.00 non-refundable down payment. Made payments every two weeks of 60.00. Called in April to see when I would get my computer and was told it would be sent the week of July 27, 2009. That week came and went. I called gcf and was told there was a problem with Dell and they would upgrade me and send me an HP the week of August 24th. That week came and went. Still no computer. Filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I want my money back. I don't believe I will ever see the computer that I have already paid 1200.00 dollars for. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY. STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS AS YOU CAN.
    B.Turk
    Cleveland, Ohio

• Jn
      23rd of Sep, 2009

While I sympathize with those who were "taken, " when I first saw there advs (on MSNBC), I did the math ($29.95/wk X 52 weeks) and figured that the price was outlandish. I next telephoned and questioned how buying such a cheesebox would "help" anyone's credit. Finally, when I called, I feigned interest and asked the service rep if I signed up, when would they ship the machine. The woman thanked me for my intereswt and quickly hung up.

In sum, I don't understand how anyone could have fallen for such a scam and I don't understand why MSNBC continues to carry their ads.

John Cook
    Lexington, VA

• Ap
      20th of Nov, 2009

I have had almost the same experience with this company. Same excuses with dell delays and even though they swapped my order with an upgrade to an hp for faster delivery, I still never recieved my computer. I have paid in full to this company and once I looked up all the payments I had made, I realized they took over the agreed amount. I was told for a two week period that the product had shipped and that it would take 48 hours for the tracking information to update. I tried to speak with a supervisor and after the ridiculous hold, I was told that they would put me on a call back list. No Call was ever recieved. I then called back and what got the attention of the supervisor was when i stated that if i didnt speak with a supervisor i was making a claim through my bank. They supervisor promised that after 48 hours she would call me with tracking information and even if she couldnt get the information she would still call me back. i waited the 48 hour period and the next day after i filed a claim. my payments were made through automatic debit. i would not suggest to go through your bank because the most they can do is retrieve up to 60 days worth of payments and for those like me who have completely payed of the company its not even close to the amount of money that i payed. After i made the claim the company finally did contact me with my "tracking information and said the merchandise would now be rerouted because of the claim" I spoke to another supervisor who tried to "resolve this matter" and he made me feel like i was committing a crime and kept talking about how the company had the right to reserve the merchandise until full payment if they felt "uncomfortable". I payed ontime every first and fifteenth for an entire year. Whats uncomfortable about that! I had it fully payed off before i even made the claim. This company is full of SH** and now i am in contact in the Consumer Fairs office who assures me the FBI is involved as well as the Federal Trade Commission. They are investigating the state and federal laws this company has broken with the several hundred complaints that have been across the country. I would think that something this big would of been handled by now but i guess we can all hope for the best. Good luck to everyone and i would suggest everyone to contact there local attorney general who should be able to forward to the proper authorities. the more we have the better our chances!!! I am a United States Marine and I have to say this is not how our Military should be treated!

• Jj
      10th of Dec, 2009

I have been paying for my computer since February this year. I thought I would have my computer a long time ago but I also was told my order kept getting pushed back and to call back for a tracking number. After getting online a few months ago I got very skeptical as to whether I would get my computer or not. I will say that the customer service reps I dealt with were all very nice to me and my hold times were not that bad. I read my contract with them and noticed that if I did cancel me order I would not be able to get a refund of my money. Well, I finally got my computer today and I am very happy with it. I am actually typing this up on it right now. So those that are having problems with this company I am very sorry but I did want to put on here that if you have ALOT of patience you will get your computer eventually. I really needed this computer many months ago, but I am glad that I at least got it in the end.

J. Johnson
    Utah

• Ka
      13th of Apr, 2010

Call the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint, Then file one with The Fair Trade Commission (www.ftc.gov------1-877-382-4357
    Then contact the Attorney General in Virginia www.oag.state.va.us (1-800-451-1525

My goal is to get them shut down entirely because there is no telling how many people they have screwed out of their money
    Karen Grose

• Te
      24th of Jun, 2010
    Guaranteed Consumer Funding - ITEMS PAID IN FULL NOT RECEIVED
    MS. TERRI PETERSON
    6260 EAST 11TH #306
    Indiana
    Phone: 317-493-1536

I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW YOU PEOPLE CAN TAKE YOUR TIME ON GETTING PEOPLE THE ITEMS THAT THEY HAVE PAID THEIR MONEY FOR!!! YOU CONTINUE TO GET MY MONEY FAITHFULLY UNTIL IT WAS PAID IN FULL. NOW, I CAN'T GET A PHONE CALL, A LETTER, NOT EVEN A SMOKE SIGNAL FOR YOU ALL ABOUT MY ITEMS!!! YOU GIVE A DATE TO SHUT A PERSON'S MOUTH, YET YOUR ITEMS ARE NEVER ON TIME OR IF YOU'LL EVER RECEIVE THEM. WELL I WANT EVERY BIT ON MY ITEMS THAT I'VE PAID IN FULL FOR AND I WANT THEM NOW!!! NOT A MONTH FROM NOW, RIGHT NOW!!! THE WAY YOU PEOPLE DO BUSINESS IS MESSED UP AND THAT'S WHY YOU ARE IN THE SITUATION YOU'RE IN. I WANT MY ITEMS AND I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH YOU AGAIN!!! NOW IF YOU DON'T SEND ME MY ITEMS, I WILL BE LOOKING TO SEE WHAT I CAN DO ON A PROFESSIONAL LEVEL TO SEE HOW TO EITHER RECEIVE MY ITEMS OR MY MONEY BACK IN FULL.
    THANK YOU, MS. TERRI L. PETERSON

• Ke
      24th of Jun, 2010

I have not received my shipment that was paid in full something needs to be done they chaged delivery date without contacting me and the new date has gone by without a phone call or email from gcf they have both my number and email and now their phone system is just arecording you cant talk to anybody in person

• Wi
      7th of Oct, 2010

I have been paying payments to this company since oct. of 09. I like alot of others expected my computer after 5 payments. I had a year of payments and than receive my new computer. So it is now oct. 2010 and the company taking the money from
    my account says i have 8 more payments to make. I asked how that can be and they tell me they can only go by the balance that was forworded to them in July from GCF. I have never had a late payment and have also been told if i cancel or stop paying they will give me no refund. I need the computer for my job and my 3 teenage sons but now im wondering if i will ever get it. If anyone has any other information or sugesstions please email me I would appreciate any help I can get. I have tried to call GFC and it is only a recording saying they are going out of business so do i stop paying and cut my loses or make 8 more payments and hope??? wilburntina1@yahoo.com

• Te
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Guaranteed Consumer Funding - Scam and cheating
    TERRI L. PETERSON
    6260 EAST 11TH STREET #306
    Indianapolis
    Indiana
    Phone: 317-493-1536

I PURCHASED A COMPUTER, PRINTER, COPIER, SCANNER '' PAID IN FULL'' ON MAY 6, 2010. THEY GAVE ME AN DELIVERY DATE FOR JUNE 14, 2010 WHICH HAS CAME AND GONE!!! I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED NOT ONE THING!!! NOW, THEY DID NOT HAVE A PROBLEM GETTING MY MONEY ON TIME, AND I WANT MY ITEMS NOW!!! THEY ALSO PROMISED ME A WII GAME SYSTEM AND AN MP3 PLAYER. AS GIFTS. I WANT ALL THAT WAS PURCHASED AND PROMISED TO ME. I DON'T FEEL I SHOULD HAVE TO WAIT FOR THINGS I'VE PAID FOR!!! CONTACT ME ASAP IF YOU NEED TO.

THANK YOU, MS. TERRI L. PETERSON

• Bi
      3rd of Jun, 2016

I am one of the customer is paid off all my dues as I call it every week they withdraw money from my acct. from one company then Tranfer me to Duvera financial. till I paid off my laptop and they promise to give me WII consule and some thing else. But after paid off all, never heard from them. its almost 2yrs and they could not even refund me coz there company closed. if everyone knows how to contact them please let me know. If they cannot fullfill they obligation why not refund my money.

please contact me if any one knows their new racket office.
    paulharlen@yahoo.com