Guaranteed Consumer Funding / Terrible customer service!

1 8200 Greensboro Drive, STE 900McLean, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-7474118

I have tried contacting Cec solutions for over a week after I signed up over the phone. They are supposed to draft my checking account $99 on the 9th of Feb and I still have many questions that I was told could be answered by customer service. To date I have spent over one hour a day on the phone trying to get through to customer service. Not once have I spoken with a human being. It almost seems like a boiler room operation. A recorded message with a notification to leave a voicemail at the end and a assurance that you will be contacted twenty four hours later. This isn't happening. NO return phone calls.

Trying to sign up for the service is a breeze and you are connected to a representative in seconds. I would be glad to utilize this service I just want some questions answered by someone from the company. It is outrageous that I have not been able to get through to customer service. I have left idle threats, because I don't want money drafted from my account without these questions answered. What if I have a problem with my account, is it going to take months before I get a response. GCF makes buku money on these systems and I understand that it is a lower tiered credit program, but this is no excuse for shoddy customer service. I hate to have to do this, but this borders on obscene.

#1. What is the Navigation system and Mp3 player I will be receiving? (make, model, etc).
#2. Can I set up the payments to be taken quicker as I will be getting my income tax refund?

If I can not get those questions asked I will simply place a hold on this $99 from being withdrawn. I have yet to receive the welcome package from the company, and I refuse to do business if CEC can't resolve these simple questions. I was looking forward to this opportunity but this whole experience has really left me with a sour taste in my mouth.

Va

Comments

19th of Feb, 2008

i cant get in touch with these people. i had an order but canceled the next day & they still took money out of my account 400.00 worth how do i get my money back

19th of Feb, 2008

i finally got some way of contacting cec. i went to www.gcf4all, then to there home .then how program works,hit learn more,hit quality assurance. then customer service faqs hit click here, & i got to email them my problem , now ill wait and see if i here from them.

Ca
  21st of Feb, 2008

I just achieved some contact, after I read my contract. I have been trying to get them also and feel that if I can't get help before I even get my product what kind of service will I receive after. the $99.00 has already been withdrawn and an additional 49.00 or so, I was under the impression that everything was a done deal with the arrangement we made over the phone in the begining, but as with you I could not get through to even discuss the contract after I read it ( with it's maybe's and if's) I want to feel confident in what was promissed, the other things that was mentioned was fixing credit, but in the letter I received they will tell me how to do it myself things I already know how to do this. Also , my intent was to just get a computer and repair my credit.
I just recieved a call from the company and was told that the money that was drafted from my account was not refundable at the time of my order that $99.00 was non refundable. They ask you to give them a date that they can withdraw from your account but don't send the paper work out until they have already taken your money which is also non refundable. I feel that this is a real scam, they would have made $ 139.00 from everyone who even give them an order and find out it not what they want. It is companies like this that keep people from ever wanting to order anything if it is not from a store.

Re
  23rd of Feb, 2008

well, i paid $99.00 plus 34.95 every week since sept. 17th of 2007. and every week they have taken $35.00 out of my account. As of today, 2/23/08 i still haven't recieved my computer. I call them and they tell me that dell computer company is out of glass they use to make the monitors. This has been the same story since the last of November. I an giving them one week to produce my computer as agreed on or I will take legal action against them. I am tired of the hassle and paying for something that I haven't recieved. Good luck guys, i would never do this kind of thing again. if you ever want to speak with anyone at the company, you have to hold the line until someone answers...don't give up!!!!!!

Te
  3rd of Mar, 2008

I paid initial fee, they started 2 accts and debited out of both accts for a total of 4 times and i wanted the money reimbursed back into my acct for the second acct and they wouldn't do it. I have been paying since december of 2007 and to date, haven't received a computer.

Ma
  6th of Mar, 2008

You guys are complete ###s who have bought these computers. What about the girl who has been paying $35 a week for 5 months and still hasn't got her computer. What planet are you ###s from? Are you all 14 years old? A new computer costs $500. Not $35 times 72 months = $2520.

Da
  14th of Mar, 2008

I wanted to increase my payments, so I could recieve my compter as soon as possible, but I cant seem to get up with any one to take my request or complaint. I feel as if your company is taking me on an unwarranted ride of EXTREME unsatifaction along with question about your program package, to find out if I needed to request more or what!!!! At this point I angry, & extremely upset

Ri
  17th of Mar, 2008

This company is a big joke. I signed up and paid the $99 and in addition they took out $52 every two weeks for a period of 9 months that's around $1,800. I overlooked the paper work in the mail but continued to make the payments. Before I new it, I had paid the entire balance off. I didn't have any record or phone number and I tried to find them on the net under GCF but I couldn't until someone helped me and said it was gcf4all.com I was able to get the customer care number and I called. I was literally on hold for 50 minutes. Luckly, I was in a hospital waiting room and actually had the time to sit there and wait. Finally, low and behold a human being answered the phone. I explained to him my situation, he told me that they never received my signed letters but that I had in fact already paid all but one more payment of $52 and one last charge of $42 for something else I didn't really understand. I was told the same story about how Dell was out of the glass they use to make the monitors and I would have to wait three weeks. This was around the end of Jan. 2008 and they told my to expect my computer during the week of FEB. 25 - mar. 2. and if I didn't receive it to call them back. Well, it's march 17 and I still haven't received anything but headaches. I'm really disappointed at myself for falling into something like this. If anyone knows how to get justice from these people please e-mail me at richarda3@hotmail.com; title it gcf4all so that I don't delete it as junk mail. We should file a class action lawsuit against them. Any takers?

Ed
  31st of Mar, 2008

Yes I fell for this company.if u could call this a company? I have been trying to get my computer since oct.2007 I paid my 5 payment so I could recieve my computer fast.lol they gave me an excuse about the glass problem in dell. well then I change banks but still made my payments an inform cec about it. They said that this would cause a problem on me getting my computer. so I told them that I was going to pay in full which I did in jan. They gave me a due date 23 to 28 of march. the date came an went. I called dell an they told me to get ref.no. from cec so they could locate my computer, well I call cec for a ref.no. an after waiting for a long time which is normal for them. The women told me after I told her what dell told me that the supervisor which I have talk to him befor an do not trust him was going to call me, he never did I am going to fine me a lawyer and call consumer fraud. I am so mad at my self because I never thought this could happen to me..

Ch
  10th of Apr, 2008

Thank you to all that have posted all of this!!! I was recentyl going to buy/ get involved with this company to get a Plasma? Until I have seen all of the fraud!!

You all need to group together print out all of these bad reviews!! Take them to a good Lawyer!!!

SINK THIS COMPANY!!!

Lu
  14th of Apr, 2008

The computers that this company is trying to get you to buy are extremely outdated. The $50/week computer has the same specs of a computer that I bought 5 years ago. These computers can be bought for well under $500 on ebay. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They are charging over $2500 for a computer not worth $500. Dont be an idiot and buy a computer with this company!

De
  15th of Apr, 2008

This is outrageous!!! I am on the phone waiting for someone to answer. It's been20 minutes so far. Every time I have called it's been the same thing.They just hung up on me for the second time. I am not allowing them to take any more of my money. My bank is aware of the scam and my account is on hold to close first thing in the morning.My suggestion to anyone else out there is to do the same and report them to the BBB.I only lost $168.96 before I caught on. I feel for those of you who lost more and you should take action against them legally. I did not lose much but I am filing an official lawsuit against them for failure to comply with what they say they are going to do. We do have rights. Bottom line... it's a scam and they should be STOPPED!!!

Mo
  20th of Apr, 2008

It is so unfortunate that people will take advantage of others in such a way.
I also do not have the best credit but, after watching GCF commercial on the TV, I decided to find out about them since I was looking for a additional computer. I found only negative things said about them and so, instead I chose to order a certified refurbushed desktop from Dell, (it comes with the same warranty as the new ones) from their outlet center online. The computer works .and looks great and best of all was only $249. Dell also alows you to split your payments between two types of accounts, which I did, in order to pay for it. The only thing is that it does not come with is a monitor but, I brought a used one for $50 and speakers which basic ones are about $20. I hope you can all get your money back and I just wanted to provide another option for someone that has poor credit like myself.

Ti
  28th of Apr, 2008

I paid guaranteed-consumer-funding $588.00 .i ask them could i get money back they said no because their is no refund.another person tells me i would how to write letter telling them why i need my money this company is not a good one .i would`nt tell my dog to buy anything from them.i also gave them my banking imformation these people want more.this is a bad bad bad bad !!! to deal with.

Wi
  4th of Jun, 2008

Each one of you really need to go to your local Policy department and file Theft charges on them, after that has been done go to your local Court and file a small claims case against them, once you have doen this they will have to appear in person to answer the charges, if they are conducting business in the manner thatyou state, they will not appera, once this happens request that the Court award yu a judgement, get the judgement attached and then try and collect that way, Take that information to the bank and see if they will attempt to reverse the payemnts and pull your money back, Companies like this only get away with the BS because people let them. Also if you have poor credit, go to Walmart and put in a credit appilication and state that it if for a PC, in most cases Walmart will meet you 1/2 way. Do not let yourself be a victim...

Fl
  4th of Jun, 2008

I took the trial bottle of ColonSmart I paid $4.95 on 4/7/08. On 5/28/08 I was charged $88.97, I received two more bottles I then returned them but got no refund. The reasons were, I got very sick after taking these pills. Along with the return I send a note telling them I don't anymore of the pills. I did not hear from them until now. Today is 6/4/08 On 6/3/08 another $88.97 was taken from my account, what is wrong with this picture? I would like for them to cancel this and don't send anymore and stop going into my account.

Gl
  15th of Jun, 2008

Same here, I have been trying since September, 2007 to receive a refund from this bogus company. I was one of the first who reported them to rip-off and I have not had any luck getting my money refunded. I think we should all get together and file a class action lawsuit. This has got to stop and they are making money and advertising like crazy. And for the insensitive jerk that made that comment about us being ###s, YOU must be a ### to make such an insensitive and callous remark. I wouldn't be surprised if you work for the company!

Bo
  18th of Jun, 2008

I have been paying $89.96 every other week. I still have not received my computer. I was told I would receive a printer combo for free. The now tell me I have been paying for a $259.00 printer, give me a break, you can get printer for 10% of what I have been paying. I was treated very nasty by a customer service rep. and her supervisor. Please tell anyone you know to SYAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Os
  13th of Aug, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

this company is no differnt then blue hippo, i dont see how they are allowed to keep in buisness, and no one can stop them! Blue hippo got me and had to change accounts to stop them from removing anymore money, i wish someone could do somthing about these people

Bo
  16th of Aug, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

I would like to update my complaint.
I think there are a few real customers that might have the wrong impression of how this program works. After speaking with another supervisor I now
understand that I was under the wrong impression and I would encourage all of the real customers that are not trying to defraud G C F, to call and learn how to remove your purchase out of lay-away which was
the confusing part for me. I was not willing to loose any money and after speaking to G C F, I've learned
they are not trying to take people's money. They always deliver merchandise either through lay-away
to people who default or through financing after you're approved. Also, I learned that I was influenced
by a lot of these anonymous complaints that are not real customers, just slander by other competitor companies. It's a very competitive industry.