Group Health / Messed up labs and horrible service

I have had group health for over 3 months now... in this time, I have not once been able to get an appointment with my primary care physician. I was told to "make an appointment two weeks out." Well we can't all know 2 weeks ahead of time when we are going to get deathly ill are we? I finally got an appointment with another doctor, and they did a swab culture of my nose to test for a staph infection. Two days later I got an e-mail from the doctor that I had never seen before, saying that the results of my "vaginal culture" had come back. It was a culture of my nose, not vagina! And the worst part... she went rambling on and on about how this bacteria was very abnormal to be found in that "spot" and how the OBGYNs were extremely confused and concerned. It said at the very top of the lab, in bold letters, "NASAL CULTURE." Their excuse was that they mixed my results up with someone else, when I truly believe they just didn't read it carefully. I have since put in an application for a change to Regence Blueshield, and will not put up with their crap anymore!

Comments

• Pi
      1st of Aug, 2010

I have to strongly agree this this I have had group health for more then 4 years and I have yet been able to schedule an appointment with my primary care doctor there is also another physician there Linda Hurst I found out she is a Midwife who is doing Biopsy's on patients and when I had mine done she did give a [censor] weather I laid there in pain and tears and of course when I placed a complaint through Group health all I got was them telling me there was a lack of communication on the doctors side.

• Ca
      3rd of Nov, 2012

Group Health Cooperative is unethical for having doctors in network but in reality are restricted.

• St
      2nd of Sep, 2014

I have had Group Health for four years. I got a new primary and Dr Smith does NOT tell you about charges when procedures are being done. I have gotten several surprise bills that I didn't know my insurance covered. This weekend I got a bill for almost $600. I am fed up and so done with Group Health. I will be using a different insurance provider moving forward. When I ask questions or send emails not all of my concerns are not addressed. The customer service I have received is the WWORST!!