Grease Monkey / Damage to vehicle and driveway stains

1 1401 N Prince StClovis, NM, United States Review updated:
Phone: 575 762 0200

Last Sept 2008, I brought my brand new Silverado to Grease Monkey for a complete Oil & Filter Change. I bought the most expensive filter and oil in the market - Mobil 1. Last Dec, my son noticed oil spots under my truck. Being a brand new vehicle, I took it to the dealer Bender Chevrolet to have it looked at. To make a long story short, I had to bring it again to the dealer just today to check again on the oil leak. According to the Service Manager- Richard of Bender Chevrolet in Clovis; his expert technicians found out that the Oil Filter needed ONE and a Half turn to tighten; and also found the Oil pan lugnut to be loose. This inconvenience caused me about $50 bucks. I contacted Eric - manager of Grease Monkey and he declined to renumerate me nor take responsibility for the mistake that his company did. I PROMISED him that I will be a walking, talking NEGATIVE ADVERTISEMENT for Grease Monkey; not only did he lose me as a cusotmer - with 4 vehicles. I will also make sure that everybody I know will hear about this. My phone number is Cell [protected] if anybody wants to verify this very bad and potentially expensive bad experience from Grease Monkey.

Fr

Comments

8th of Jun, 2011

I am currently battling Grease Monkey for breaking my Dash. First time I ever been to a grease monkey (and last). While getting my oil changed they decided to check my cabin filter which I didn't know at the time was located in my dash. After parking the vehicle over night and not driving the vehicle until 8pm the next day I went to get into my car and my dash was hanging open with the cylinder laying in the floor. My dash wouldn't close back because the hinge on the right side wasn't snapped in. (my husband fixed it) So for them to close my while at the grease monkey they had to force it shut which has broken my nob that holds my cylinder in place that keeps my dash from basically falling in the floor. I notified grease monkey and they said they wouldn't take responsibility because I had never been to them before (makes no sense). I attempted to contact the district manager of Lenoir, NC Andrew Strangel with no luck, left a voice mail and of course no returned call. I am getting ready to file a civil suit against them for the damage (filling out paperwork now and found this forum). Grease monkey had no business in my personal dash without my permission. I understand they have a job to do but there should be limits and getting inside my personal property is crossing the line. Then breaking my dash on top of that and then no taking responsibility for it, well some people (businesses) just have to be taught a lesson.

• Pi
      2nd of Jul, 2011

I recently used grease monkey for the very first and very last time. Thankfully no damage was done to my brand new car (that I know of yet)/ I looked over my invoice to try and find some contact information to file a formal complaint with regard to the crappy service I paid through the nose for but was only able to find that each Grease Monkey Service Center is individually owned and operated. So I guess if they want to overcharge you and screw up your ride you can sue the individual owner but other than that the best way to ensure that no one else has to deal with these kind of pains is word of mouth and boycott till they go out of business.