Grand Canyon University Online — student loan refunds
Last winter asked if I could change my degree program from "Pastoral Ministry" to "Addiction Counselor" they my counselor said yes but that it would cost $25. Approximately two months later I got a call from my financial counselor that I owed the school an amount in excess of $2500! I finally got them to reverse it but they still (after much adieu) that I would receive only $900 in my refund this year for books and incidentals. Now even that $900 has not arrived though they claim they mailed in on June 12, 2009.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Phoenix, AZI was afraid that perhaps the envelope had been stolen from my mailbox so I filed a complaint with the USPS. The school says the the check has not been cashed but that they must wait 21 days before a stop payment and reissue can be done.
This has ruined my plans for the school year because I am a disabled student living on a fixed income from Social Security. I desperately need the funds for books for my next class coming up on July 5, I feel that I am being squeezed by the school.
student ID 0587503
More Grand Canyon University Online Complaints & Reviews
- Grand Canyon University - financial aid/disbursement problems 
- Grand Canyon University - total rip off 
- Grand Canyon University - financial aid 
- Grand Canyon University - financial aid stipend check 
- Grand Canyon University - financial aid/president of gcu 
- Grand Canyon University [GCU] - financial aid
- Grand Canyon University [GCU] - lying and scamming students
- Grand Canyon University [GCU] - mental health
- Grand Canyon University Online - are these people just crooks or what 
- Grand Canyon University - financial