Granada Television / Re-run of Bashir interview with MJ

1 England, West Midlands, United Kingdom Review updated:

It is an absolute insult that ITV are showing a re-run of this diaboloical, disgraceful interview. Is this the media's way of trying to degrade Michael Jackson even further than what they have done already. Why can't they leave him alone to rest in peace, they've managed with great help from Bashir to send him to an early grave.
Why would anyone want to see that again. Why can't they show Michael for all the joy and happiness he brought to so many people.

Fi

More Granada Television Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Go
      12th of Jul, 2009

This shouldn't be aired again unless together with the outtakes. The editorial is crass with almost every content word loaded with the rhetoric of Jackson hate.

As if showing this the first time wasn't bad enough.

• St
      12th of Jul, 2009

Hi, pls if u human TV station give cancellation for martin bashir a milion fans of MICHAEL JACKSON support u this man is traitor and liar and BAD JOURNALIST THIS MAN IS KILLER, btw this can be BIG FREE ADVERT for your tv, THX IN ADVANCE ONE LITTLE HUMAN with a lot of people around you.

• De
      12th of Jul, 2009

ABC please remove that murder from your TV channel. I too will not be watching ABC news or any of your other programs until that murder Bashir is gone. ABC you are aiding and abetting a killer by keeping him on your payroll. Bashir go back to your Country. America hates you. RIP MJ, you're forever loved and remembered.

13th of Jul, 2009

martins hands are covered with micheal's blood! i absolutely refuse to watch anything that has the murderer on it
    i request you to let micheal rest in peace and put an end to his pain.

• Mj
      13th of Jul, 2009

PEOPLE. Make sure you write/call in to a rival channel like BBC to show the OTHER version. Check it out on youtube (see link below) if you've never seen this before.

If only ITV had left it the way MJ was suppose to be shown to the masses of fans out there...He will still be here fit and well instead of going through court cases which had stressed him out...all because of Martin Bashir and ITV execs !

Mr Bashir/ITV...you're all slimy little two faced ###!

• Be
      13th of Jul, 2009

Bashir betrayed Michael with that terrible, disgraceful and unfair program...Bashir has blood on his hands!

Leave Michael alone to rest in peace, enough lies and rumours have been told about this truely amazing person throughout his life - all negative for the media attention. THE MEDIA NEEDS TO FOCUS ON ALL OF THE MANY POSITIVE AND GOOD THINGS HE DID FOR HUMANITY!! The charities he supported and the inspiration he has given to millions of people far outweighs the rubbish and lies that were told about him!
    Michael Jackson was a kind, loving, gentle soul who just wanted to give love to the world...don't disrespect him anymore!

13th of Jul, 2009

Martin Bashir is fantasist who pretends to be a serious documentary maker. This journalist, frustrated by his aspiration of being considered an average middle class english, showed off all of his private prejudices and his very private disturbing thoughts by projecting them with all his envious glance to the most beautiful legend who was standing in front of him. By doing so he tried to find a way out from his anguished state of mind. Carl Gustav Jung, the Swiss psychiatrist used to say that we usually tend to find in others our worst faults. And never as in this case, this happened.

He could have made a wonderful documenatary on MJ which wouldhave helped us all make the world a better place but he chose to betray the trust of MJ and edited it in a certain way so things were taken out of context and made MJ look odd, he did this in return for a lucrative career in the US

• Ve
      13th of Jul, 2009

pleaseplease please dont re run this documentary as you shpuld show some respect to the family and his fans on this painful time

• Ve
      13th of Jul, 2009

please dont re run this documentary give his fans and family on this painful time . you hounded mj in life let him rest in peace with some diginity

14th of Jul, 2009

i AGREE
    michael was hounded enough while he was alive, so only makes sense that they carry on with this crap.
    I guess granada tv have not got anything better to put on.
    I for one will not be watching it, i would rather boil my head.

14th of Jul, 2009

I agree, this disgraceful manipulation of trust and blatant lies should not be aired again!

Air the response the masses have not seen

• Re
      15th of Jul, 2009

this is an absolute disgrace!! leave mj in peace! this is what wrecked michael jacksons life. you should be ashamed. he twisted absolutely everything michael jackson said! you edited clips of the interview to make him look more guilty. you never really asked him about his childhood that would show a clear explanation of why michael jackson actually is the way he is. like mj said in the interview if you new mentally what he'd been through throughout his life you'd understand the way he is. as a kid he was an adult. as an adult he lived his childhood he never lived. if he really wanted to he could of made the interview that would make everyone love him even more but no typical media making him to look like the badguy. well after watching this interview a lot of times its never turned me into hating this great man but only to hate MARTIN BASHIR AND THE MEDIA. its a dam outrage how you can put this back on television.

• Ke
      15th of Jul, 2009

all the BAshirs haters and Michael lovers :-)
    please sign to this petition and fast forward through all your friends . All together we can put him down :

• Ho
      15th of Jul, 2009

Please do not show this program again! It is tabloid sensationalist garbage. Bashir gained the trust of this sweet, gentle and somewhat naive man (legend!) and stabbed him in the back in the pursuit of advancing his own career. I feel nothing but total revulsion when I think about this two-faced snake and the hurt and pain he caused MJ. Bashir, you clearly have a hole where your heart is supposed to be...you are an insult to journalistic integrity and represent so much of what is wrong with the world. MJ deserved to be truly celebrated for the complete joy he brought to millions upon millions of fans with his music (not to mention his humanitarianism and philanthropy) and the world is a poorer place now he is no longer with us. Please broadcast Living with MJ Take Two (the rebuttal) or Michael Jackson's Home Videos or even the Oprah Winfrey interview from 1993 instead of this trash for a better insight into the life & world of a complete and utter legend.
    Rest in peace MJ, you are very much missed.

• Do

Michael's statement was:
    Statement of Michael Jackson Regarding Martin Bashir Documentary

February 6, 2003

Regarding the Martin Bashir documentary, Stephen Lock on behalf of Michael Jackson releases the following statement to the media:

I trusted Martin Bashir to come into my life and that of my family because I wanted the truth to be told. Martin Bashir, persuaded me to trust him that his would be an honest and fair portrayal of my life and told me that he was “the man that turned Diana’s life around” (referring to the late Diana, Princess of Wales). I am heartbroken that someone whom I treated as a friend could stoop so low.

Today I feel more betrayed than perhaps ever before; that someone, who had got to know my children, my staff and me, whom I let into my heart and told the truth, could then sacrifice the trust I placed in him and produce this terrible and unfair program.

It breaks my heart that anyone could truly believe that I would do anything to harm or endanger my children: they are the most important thing in my life.

Everyone who knows me will know the truth which is that my children come first in my life and that I would never harm any child.

I also want to thank my fans around the world for the overwhelming number of messages of support that I have received, particularly from Great Britain, where people have e-mailed me and said how appalled they were by the Bashir film. Their love and support has touched me greatly.

Michael Jackson

So why show this? He was an innocent man and now not here to defend himself? It is an insult to him to show this again! Even if parts are edited! Why don't you show the follow up which showed Bashir saying how great he thought Michael was as a dad and other things that Michael got on film that Bashir didn't put in his doc... Show that film!!

• Ru
      16th of Jul, 2009

This is so indicative of the media hype and criminalism that hounded this gentle being. Just stop all this nonsence, the sensorial grasping and greed and desire to manipulate people. Will we never learn, will we never find stillness to feel the truth and goodness in our hearts and stop this violation of each other. Just stop it. just stop and dont air this programme. Is there no integrity in your hearts, is there no feeling. Are you so darkened with ignorance that you cannot see and feel that this is wrong.

• Ha

Stop this
    and show something great and interesting..
    about the KING, concert footages or anything!

• Ar
      16th of Jul, 2009

Retelling a lie doesn't make it a truth, no matter how much YOU, the mainstream media, think it does. Showing this trash again shows what type of biased company you are, and I suggest you show the real footage, recorded with Bashir's knowledge by Michael Jackson's camera, as shown in the United States and online, and let the public make up their own minds. Trying to hide the truth from the British public is pathetic.

Bashir's documentary footage is nothing but spin, and I am disgusted with Granada - and yet not the least bit surprised.

Hence why I don't watch your channel any more.

Let the man rest in peace and find someone else to leech off.

• Sj
      16th of Jul, 2009

This shouldn't be shown again. It is an unfair portrayal of 'The late Michael Jackson and only exists to incite hate towards the man due to it's obvious manipulation by Martin Bashir and the editors of this shameful attempt at a 'documentary'

Take two should be shown to give people a far more balanced view of MJ's life. Not this sensationism garbage that does nothing but feed more fuel to the media's fire that Michael was all these things they invent to sell their papers, magazines, and to get people to watch their appalling TV show's full of lies.

In Michael's death, and out of respect, we should be telling the truth, not forcing 'reporters' opinions down our throats, and leaving the general public to make up their own mind.

• Ni
      16th of Jul, 2009

Bashir painted Michael Jackson is the worst light possible.

Why has ITV seen fit to INCLUDE interview footage of Michael Jackson saying children slept in his bed with NO TRUTH WHATSOEVER in claims that he molested them - a crime of which was kicked OUT OF COURT --- Y E T --- you take out the interview with the child who accused him of this crime, Chandler. Surely it should be the other way round. Chandler ADMITTED to the authorities that the allegations were false.

Why not let Michael Jackson rest in peace instead of digging up more unhappiness for his family, friends and loyal fans.

Shame on you ITV bosses.