GOTTSCHALKS / WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE

1 Sacramento, CA, United States Review updated:

I'M GOING TO FINISH MY STORY BELOW BC IT DOESNT CAPTURE WHAT HAPPENED AFTERWARD. SO I GET ATTITUDE FROM THE MANAGER ON SHIFT AS SHE JERKS HER HEAD AND TALKS TO ME WITH DISGUST. I TELL THEM " FIND SOLUTIONS, WHY IS IT SO EASY FOR YOU TO TELL ME THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO AND LOSE A CUSTOMER??" AND I DONT REMEMBER WHAT SHE SAID, BUT I GOT SO UPSET AND SAID "WELL I GUESS THATS WHY YOU WORK AT GOTTSCHALKS" (MEANING THAT THEY DIDNT HAVE TO FIND SOLUTIONS). I WORKED IN RETAIL AND I DONT REMEMBER EVER TREATING A CUSTOMER THAT WAY. THE WOMEN CALLED SOME MANAGER WHO SAID THE PAPERWORK WAS ON THE LANCOME COUNTER (NO MENTION OF THIS PAPERWORK BEFORE OR EVEN A SEARCH FOR THIS PAPERWORK. SO EASY TO SAY "THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO") WELL, BECAUSE THE PAGE WITH THE SKU NUMBER OF MY PRODUCT ISNT THERE (FEW PAGES WERE MISSING) - THE MANAGER ON THE PHONE SAYS I CAN RETURN IT AS MISCELLANOUS BECAUSE THE PRICE IS ALREADY KNOWN. SO LIL MISS ANGELIQUE RETURNS IT AS MISCELLANOUS AND I ASK FOR HER NAME AND THE MANAGER ON SHIFT (PREGO) NAME BC I WANTED TO TALK TO THE STORE MANAGER ABOUT THIS EXP AND SHE WALKS AWAY!!!!!!!! I WALK OVER TO THE OTHER SIDE AND ASK AGAIN AND SHE SAYS IT WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING AT ME, AS DOES PREGO, AND WHEN I TRIED TO TALK TO THEM CALMLY ABOUT WHY THEY ARE SO UPSET SINCE IT WAS ME WHO RECEIVED THE TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE - SHE CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEANT BY "THATS WHY YOU WORK AT GOTTSCHALKS" REMARK (SHE THOUGHT I WAS PUTTING THEM DOWN FOR WORKING THERE WHEN I WORKED IN RETAIL FOR 6 YRS!!) AND SHE THREATENS TO CALL SECURITY ON ME IF I DONT LEAVE. I'M DEBATING ON CALLING CORPORATE TO TELL THEM WHAT HAPPENED BC I DONT WANT THESE GIRLS TO LOSE THEIR JOBS BUT IM SO UPSET AT THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS. THERE, THATS MY STORY. NEVER GOING BACK.

More GOTTSCHALKS Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ma
  31st of May, 2008

I hope someone reads this. This is not a complaint but a compliment to your store in Santa Rosa. I wish you had a way to post something positive.
At the Gottschalks in Santa Rosa, California, there is a Clinique Department. Megan Low is the manager there. She is helpful, up to date on product and what is coming down the line. She is friendly, her counter is always clean, which is more than I can say for the Macy's Clinique counter. In the Macy's I can't walk through the makeup aisle, it stinks with way too much perfume. But in Gottschalks I can walk around the counters and shop comfortably. In fact, all the makeup counters and folks are awesome there.
SO, three cheers to Megan. She rocks. She orders things they're out of and has them MAILED to you. She rocks. That's it !
Thanks !

Ja
  30th of Nov, 2008

Dear sir, I was a black friday in modesto mall in calif when i stood in line at the boys dept. with 3 friends and holding alot of clothes, i had a 20% coupon and my friends had their 10.00 off coupon, we had the hardest and rudist employees there, they would not honor our coupons at all and said that because of black friday they cannot take are coupons. I was i total shock as i normally shop at gottschalk on oakdale road and have never ha a problem we has 2 young girls who bikered wiht us in front of everyone so we just decided to make our purchas and i aske dfor a manager but they said she was on break and there was alot of customers behind us, so we just left. I am very upset with the way they treated us that i through out all my coupons from gottschalk abd said i would never come back you can tell the employees were not experienced employees. the lady in front of us went through the same situation and i know her as i brought her to gottschalk. why would you send us coupons for 20% off all day any dy???

Janice Ramos

Cr
  7th of Apr, 2009

I hate the customer service policies. I have no beef with actual people or the way they talked to me. However, I have a credit card from Gottschalks and tried to close the account by calling customer service. They told me I had to send a letter to Delaware to close the account along with a page from a credit report stating i want the account closed. I had closed about 10 other credit cards by phone today, and Gottschalks is the only place that wants a letter to close the account. It's a big pain in the A**. Uh, hello Gottschalks, can I please close an account by phone, can you make it just a little easier for your customers to close their accounts if they wish. Thank you very much. Never going to use Gottschalks again, but I won't have to worry much longer, they're going out of buisness...I wonder why.

Je
  3rd of Aug, 2009
GOTTSCHALKS - Insurance Protection
Gottschalks
Hemet
California

I have been trying to cancel credit protection on a card that no longer exsits for 3 months. The phone number given on the bill cuts you off when it says it will transfer you to a rep. Keep receiving a bill even though I've told it would be cancelled