Gokartsusa.com / this is just a summary of our problem with the dune buggy we purchased
Buyer beware!!! This is just a summary of our problem with the dune buggy we purchased.
On march 22, 2012 we contacted the customer service department of gokartsusa. We were advised to give the dune buggy the break in period of 10-12 hours and then perform the oil change. The machine now has 12.6 hours on it and we continue to have the following problems as well as new ones.
The following is a list of existing problems we still have with the dune buggy.
• there is heavy metal frag in the motor.
• the belt is cheaply made. This will cause us and other customers to have to buy another belt within approximately three months.
• the motor is only emitting 9500 rpm. We purchased the performance cdi box for $144.00 to improve the top end performance, yet the top-end remains to stay at 9500 rpm or below. The only improvement noticed was a slight throttle improvement.
• the struts are loose.
• the rear spindles are loose.
• the spot welds are broke/separated for the roll-cage adapter.
The following is a list of new problems incurred during the break-in period.
• weak spark (Bluish-orange)
• diaphragm spring is possibly weak causing the diaphragm to be bloated, like the elasticity is no longer performing. The diaphragm is bigger than the diameter of the carburetor top.
• rpm after break-in has decreased to 7200 rpm’s at quarter throttle. At half throttle we have a loss of power, spitting fuel back out of the carburetor.
O we cleaned the carburetor and have the same results
O checked the airgap on the pickup coil, it’s at the proper specs
O cleaned and regapped the spark plug, have the same problem
• removed the exhaust to check the sootage for excess fuel and there is a lot of black soot in the exhaust.
To resolve these problems we are asking gokartsusa to have a technician contact us to troubleshoot the problems we are having. We are also asking gokartsusa to provide the rearview mirror assemble parts, a new fender for the dune buggy and a refund for the cdi box or a replacement one that will provide the performance as indicated on their website.
More Gokartsusa.com Complaints & Reviews
- GoKartsUSA - false add & non delivery 
- Go Karts USA - do not buy 
- GoKartsUSA - terrible customer service, inferior product, misleading advertising
- Gokartsusa.com - they took over $7,500 from me and delivered no dune buggy 
- Gokartsusa.com - unprofessional, unknowledgeable, difficult to get a hold of
- GoKartsUSA - false advertisement, poor communication, dishonest people that blatantly lie to you
- Gokartsusa.com - scam alert!
- GoKartsUSA - no refund
- GoKartsUSA - they cheated me, do not give them business!!!