GNS / fraud and scam

1 6452 Fig StreetArvada, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 303 456 5591

I answered an internet ad from gns for a product called slim seduction. It is supposed to help reduce fat and cellulite in the body. Supposedly I could get a 'free' 21 day trial just by paying postage. Buyer beware!
After entering my information the website took me through many screens offering me this or that.

Immediately I backed up and tried to remove the debit card info. Too late. I disconnected from the internet and immediately called the company. I asked the cust svc rep to cancel my order. She informed me that the order had been shipped, I had a cancellation no - sa062825.

Gns puts a notice right on the address label stating that they do not accept returned or refused packages. My local post office said if gns refuses to accept the returned package it will end up in the dead mail file and eventually be thrown away. Gns carries the bbb logo and even sells at auction on e-bay.

At this point I have filed complaints with both the better business bureau, and the unites states postal inspectors. Both will investigate and see what if any applicable charges should be filed against gns. After speaking with the post office mail fraud dept, it appears likely gns is guilty of mail fraud at least. I intend to prosecute to the maximum extent of the law. If gns continues to charge me

I strongly encourage everyone who has been cheated by this company to file complaints with the post office inspectors, better business bureau, colorado attorney general, etc. I will never answer any ad, or purchase anything on the internet from an unknown company ever again. Buyer beware. We all know it, but I will say it again - if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

Gns is a thief and a liar at best and possibly guilty of mail fraud, public deception, and whatever charges the bbb, post office, and if necessary, a lawyer, find against them. Do not trust this company.

Marily n
Cape coral, floridaorder sent-gns

This email I received from the rip off company:

Your order has already been shipped. I am sorry we were unable to catch it before it went out. If you do not want to try the supplement, please send it back to us. You will have to pay for shipping. Please do not send it back 'return to sender' or 'refused' as we may not receive your order back within the 30 day guarantee which can compromise your refund. We cannot issue your refund at this time. As soon as we receive it back, as long as it is within your 30 day guarantee period, we will be able to issue you a refund if your order was paid for up front, if your order is a 30 day trial offer we must receive it back within the 30 day trial period to cancel the $49.95 charge. We do not offer refunds on shipping costs.in the meantime, I encourage you to visit our web site: www.slimbodycoach.com it is a wonderful resource for
Receiving weight loss support and answering any questions that you might have about the weight loss process.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Ma

Comments

• Br
      22nd of Jul, 2008

I completely agree. I had the same thing happen to me! they are a shady company and no one should do business with gns, inc. (slim body coach products) do not trust this company with your credit card information!

• Tp
      22nd of Aug, 2008

Just got had!!! this company is a fraud!!! these people are crazy!!

3rd of Sep, 2008

I answered an ad for 2 free bottles, cost of shipping only. when I rec'd the order it was already set up for autoship for more orders, I called and cancelled.in less than 15 days my credit card has been billed 39.95 two times. their ads are deceiving and so is their invoicing. and of course you quessed it no returns. the cust serv rep actually hung up on me. scam, scam scam...

• In
      18th of Sep, 2008

Clearly you are feeling burned by the company and this has clouded your good judgement and ability to rationally understand the situation. allow me to address your complaints:

Had you been a smart consumer and read the "terms and conditions" (which are a mere 3 paragraphs long and very simply worded) you would have understood the terms by which you were being sent a "free" trial. to even be able to place the order, you clicked the "I agree to terms and conditions" box; this put your electronic signature on the order — a binding and legal financial agreement. (and what consumer in today's market does not understand that an asterik* next to the word "free" implies that there are strings attached?? nothing is free!)

They clearly state that you will be billed at the end of the 21 day trial if the product was not returned, and clearly state the automatic sign-up for a membership. had you not wanted a membership, you simply needed to cancel it (which you did with the cancelation #no - sa062825; this number was to ensure that you would not be sent your first membership package a month later. it did not refer to the trial order that you had already placed/been shipped.)

Do your homework before accusing a company of mail fraud: the us government does not permit food supplements to be "returned to sender/refused," which is why the postal service destroys it. that is not exclusive to gns. also: a fraud or scam company would steal your credit card information and your money and not send you anything. gns does send out products and even reships them for free if the postal system screws up!!

Gns is not a liar or a thief, it is a business. it follows all the laws of fair business and disclosure that the bbb requires. the worst thing you could accuse gns of is that they rely on uneducated consumers like yourself to not read their terms and conditions. if you call that fraud, then you'd better shut down half the businesses in america.

29th of Sep, 2008
    GNS - &Free 21 day trial&
    GNS

21-day free trial offer is a joke. I wish i'd read this site prior to falling victim to this scam myself. first of all, the 21 days starts the day you place the order, then they take 10-14 days to ship your order. if you don"t want to be charged for the free trial, gns has to receive the unused product back w/I the 21 day trial period!!! in other words, you might get to actually use it for a day or two before having to pay shipping to send the product back. I argued them the rep over the phone because no where in the on-line agreement does it state that I have to pay to ship the product back, only that they don't refund the shipping I paid to receive the product. they refused to agree to this and if I don't pay to ship the product back they are going to charge my card for keeping the product.

What a joke!!!

• Mo
      6th of Nov, 2008

I agree... slimbodycoach will rip you off if you order from them... I have never done business with a compny this bad before!!! I checked on the website before I ordered because I have high blood pressure. no where on the site did it say not to take if you have high blood pressure. when I received the pills it says right on the back of the bottle to check with dr.. I did and he said absolutly not to take!! I sent back right away because there is a 30 day time limit from the time you order. I got an email saying they received product back.. but because I did not call and get a refund number they could not give me a refund.. they got the product back...in the time frame allowed.. it is like they will find some reason not to give a refund!!
    Do not do business with this company!! they will rip you off!!!

• Cp
      7th of Nov, 2008

I wish I would have thought to look on here before ordering from them. I ordered and paid $3.97 for shipping and the rest was suppost to be free. I cancelled shortly after getting them because they made me sick. I am talking like 6 days after getting them. shortly after all that I cancelled my credit card, not because of gns but because I am trying to get rid of a lot of cards and so I cancelled that one due to it having a high interest rate. well, I soon received an email telling me they charged my card for $49.99 and it was declined and that I need to fix my order. I emailed them and told them that I already cancelled, they emailed me back and told me it didn't matter, that I still have to pay for that bottle.in the ad, it said it was 100% free I just pay shipping, and if you wish to cancel, do so before 21 days, and you will never be charged, and they will send you ra number to return the bottle with the remainder. that is gross anyways because you know they probably just rebottle them and send them to someone else... what if I touched them with dirty hands or something?! anyways, they tried to say I chose a different add! I dind't! I copied and pasted the ad that I ordered from, the copy and pasted a different one and emailed it back to me! I was so mad because they are nothing but liars and should absolutely be put out of business. they sent me an email yesterday that said I need to "complete" my order and submit my credit card info again or they will turn me over to collections!

• Me
      13th of Nov, 2008

I completely agree this company is such a scam. I cancelled my credit card also and I am sick. so they are threatening me with collections. do not do business with this company. you do not know what they put in these capsules. I plan on having mine tested. they tried to offer me a deal pay 25. oo and we will keep you out of collections. no way, pay 25.00 for what was supposed to be free. yeah, nothing is free but they are just shady. not a way to make money. gns you should be ashamed of yourselves, scamming people. go out an earn a decent living rather than scamming people. what comes around goes around. karma!!!

• Cp
      2nd of Dec, 2008

Well, I previously filed a complaint against gns with the bbb and just now got a response from gns. they posted the "agreement" for the bbb to see, and tried to say I never asked to return the bottle with the remaining portion. I did though, I asked them twice for a return authorization number, and they didn't respond either time. the last response I received from them stated they were turning me over to collections 11-20-08, and now in their reply, they siad they are giving me an extension to get them paid or get the bottle returned. now they have a return autho. number for me just to look good for the bbb, but I am getting a credit check tomorrow and see if they turned me over to collections.

• Ro
      15th of Dec, 2008

I think, even if the site has all of these terms available, it is a shady way of doing business. I have ordered plenty of free samples off of the internet that were actually free samples, except I paid shipping of course. this seems to be a new trend, they offer you a free sample then send you a full size bottle that you are expected to pay for unless you return it and autoship membership is automatic.

Why would anyone want to do business with a company where you have to read the fine print to find out what your obligations are if you buy from them? why not just buy from a company that puts all the information, in large print, correctly where everyone sees it before they place an order?

If this isn't fraud then it's still a lousy, underhanded way of doing business as far as i'm concerned.

• Na
      18th of Dec, 2008

Okay so I have been a customer of gns for about 2 years I am losing the weight I love the product and I too started out with a trial offer notice what I said trial offer do you people know what the definition of trial is? it’s a time frame not a free bottle any time something says money back guarantee any way you should know right away they are charging you something! so don’t blame gns cause you guys are to incompetent to read anything in fact I went back and the terms and conditions are on the page itself so you don’t even have to click on anything to pull it up! it was on the order page! and if you go to wal-mart or target or marshalls or any of those places they also have a 30 day money back guarantee from the date of purchase so if you take it back late you get a in store credit just like gns so if you think contacting the bbb or your attorney will help you people are a joke you would have to close down so many companies for free trials for return policies if you have that much time on your hands to be doing all this I don’t see why you guys didn’t have enough time to just return the damn bottle. if you’re going to call any customer center don’t take it out on the reps your really think it’s their fault you’re not smart enough to read terms and conditions. the customer service people work it’s a job and right now it may not be a good job but everyone is lucky to have a job as of right now, so don’t make their job harder than it needs to be cause you didn’t read the terms and conditions, every time I had ever called in they were really nice and professional. so you need to be a little smarter read what your signing up for first.. don’t be too quick to just through your credit card information on the internet that’s just dumb to do period! and for you internet junkies who order all these trials go to a gym with all this time you have on your hands to just sit around and look on the internet you could be doing your cardio! so seriously people if your fat! get up move your butt work out slim seduction helped but I did the work to get where I am! be smart that’s why you’re putting your kids through school and why your parents put you through school. so people really get a grip please reading some of these complaints are a joke okay! thank you…..

• Ji
      30th of Jan, 2009

This past week, I started receiving different bottles of pills that I did not order. I called 2 numbers and cancelled my so called orders from foreign speaking people. they said I ordered all of these pills on 1/19/08. they had my email address and my home address. easy enough to do by just googling a name on the internet. their phone number they ssaid they had for me is a cell # that I have never heard of. the name on the envelope is spelled wrong. you would think I would be able to spell my name correct if I had ordered something. I got a package from some company called gns.in arvada, co. since I need a
    Ra number to send these back, I have sent 2 emails to these, people, called twice to leave a message, as they always had 28-32 people on hold, or their lines were always busy and to try later. I will pay to send these pills back, whether they call me with a ra # or not.
    the credit card # these companies said I used does not match anything I have currently, unless they gave me a phony # to scam me.
    based on the large amount of complaints on the internet, I am not the only victim. I hope that this company gets shut down sooner or later.
    Jim f., oh

• Ki
      30th of Jan, 2009

I too have been scammed by gns. I got a free trial of acai berry, paid postage only. tried to call them to cancel and have never been able to get through to them. their 800 number says "all circuits are busy, please try your call again later". yesterday, my credit card was charged $79.99. I called again and e-mailed customer service. they send you back an automated message that gets you no where. I called my bank and told them the charge was unauthorized and they temporarily refunded my money. I have been frantically calling this company for the past 2 days to get them to cancel. I found another phone number and called and it said I was caller number 48. I waited and waited and waited and finally after an hour and a half I had to hang up.

• Th
      6th of Feb, 2009

The comments supporting gns are a joke.

Honest businesses don't hide terms in fine print to get people to buy products that they don't want. they also don't make termination or return of an order unnecessarily complicated. the whole return and cancellation process is designed to ensure that consumers fail to return the product in the correct manner, leaving them stuck with a subscription to a product that they don't want or an exchange for another product that they don't want.

To return the product, you have to call them to get a cancellation number, which is impossible if you can't get through to a customer service representative. then you have to put that number on the outside of the box. for some bizarre reasons, you are not allowed to terminate your subscription within 14 days of ordering, making it more likely that you will get more, unwanted products. if you do the slightest thing wrong (or your return package mysteriously fails to arrive at its destination), you are left holding the bag.

These conditions serve no purpose except to frustrate the customer's ability to return a product that they do not want. reputable businesses don't operate this way, regardless of what any alleged "users" report on this page. gns's entire business model operates by deceiving and tricking customers because the product isn't strong enough to stand on its own. stay far, far away.

• Th
      6th of Feb, 2009

Also, nannie26's target comparison is laughable. when I buy something from target, I don't have to worry about fine print forcing me to continue to buy it every month. if I want to return a product to target, I can go back the next day and immediately return it. I don't have to call a phone number (which is never answered) to get a special number, only to then mail the product back (at my own cost and with a box that must be marked in an arbitrarily specific way to keep it from being refused), in the hopes that it (a) isn't refused by target under suspicious circumstances and (b) arrives within an arbitrary time period. after I make my return to target, I don't have to keep the receipt indefinitely in case target decides to lie, insisting that I never canceled my purchase and continuing to charge my credit card.

If target operated this way, people would be outraged.

25th of Feb, 2009

I was searching for a product that would flush my system and help me loose weight at the same time, I found it or so I thought. I put in for the free 14 day trail, but it wasn't 14 days and the money was already taken from my account. then today I was looking through my account and there it was again for $69.90 but the kicker is I never received the product this time. don't fall for this it doesn't work like it claims and all you will do is waste your money, I tried calling and first I got a busy signal then I was told dues to popular demand the phone lines were busy and the next associate would be with you shortly and the wait time was 5 minutes. well 20 minutes later I still hadn't talked to anyone, I want my money back!!!.

If someone has advice on how to does this it would be great, I know i'm not the only one to have fallen for this scam but this company needs to be put out of business for scamming people like us.

• Vi
      26th of Feb, 2009

I accepted to receive the product over the phone on 2/05/09. once I read the complaints on the internet, I tried to cancel the order on same evening via email. but their email just returns useless auto responses without any follow-up on their end.
    I cancelled my debit card immediately to ensure that no other charges are made to my debit card. if you can afford that, it is the safest way to get the re-occurring charges stopped.
    I receievd the items in less than two weeks. I was able to get a hold of a customer rep. on 2/14/09 after 35 minutes of being on hold. so, do not give up on calling and holding on to get someone on the phone.
    I was able to get an rma # without any issues. I also cancelled the monthly auto ship contract/order and got a confirmation #.
    I sent the product back on 2/20 and entered the rma # above the return address.
    Package was received by their office on 2/24.
    They emailed me today (2/26), exactly 21 days after the original order date, and requested me to send them a credit card #!

So, just want to let you know that it is not that hard to get it straightened out. their customer service via email is really bad. the last resort is to cancel your debit/credit card. as soon as I mentioned to my bank that I may be in for a scam, they suggested to cancel the card and get a new one. it only takes a few days for the new card to arrive, and your checking and saving accounts are intact and no major changes are needed to get your life back together.
    Best of luck for all of you out there.

• Ro
      26th of Feb, 2009

Thanks for letting us know. try also to check them on scam search if they are there.

• To
      26th of Feb, 2009

We have the same issue. tried to call, put on hold for over 25 minutes. they have taken 2 payments out of my account in the same month.. february. I am going to cancel my debit card. my thought is to get enough people together to do s class action suit to get our money back.

Tntplusfive@aol.com

Tom
    Lancaster, pa

• Pa
      2nd of Mar, 2009
    GNS - Unauthorized charges
    GNS

This company tricks you into trying a 'risk-free' for 30 days $3.97 (shipping and handling fee) bottle of acai berry edge only to find out you will be billed $79.90 two weeks after the received shipment. they claim you can cancel the order 48 hours from your purchase date by calling the number or e-mail address provided. upon calling, I waited a half an hour before hanging up. the website provided is a fake. therefore, there is no way to contact them to cancel your order. I had to contact my bank and go through the appropriate procedure to ensure I was not or will not be billed for the above amount. beware!!!