GNC / online ordering and poor customer service

1 South Saint Paul, MN, United States

Up until now I have always had a good experience with GNC but a recent online order (which was the first time I ever ordered online) has left me not wanting to ever come back! I was bombarded every day prior to Christmas with e-mails from GNC about specials and deals since I am a rewards member. My husband wanted a Whey Protein product for Christmas and I have a 20% off coupon as well as free shipping, guaranteed before Christmas, if ordered by 12/15/17. I placed the order, received a confirmation email and sat back waiting for the shipping details. By 12/19 I was worried because I had not received a Tracking number so I checked the order status on my account and found that the order had been cancelled! No explanation or anything. I called customer service and after waiting 20+ minutes I am told that the order was cancelled the day before but there was no explanation as to why?! The customer service person said they must be out of stock but wasn't sure. So I look at my checking account and I still have a pending $53.24 debit for days after the order was cancelled. I never received an e-mail or any communication as to the order being cancelled and now I have lost out on the coupon 20% off, free shipping and guarantee of item being received before Christmas. I submit a complaint to their "Contact us" site and get an email back two days later that yes, the order was cancelled and they will resend the cancellation to me (Which I also never got) in spam or junk or anything. I called a local store which is what I would have done had I known it would be this difficult online... the store manager confirmed they had plenty of the item in stock and offered to give me the same price/discount as long as I showed the confirmation email from the cancelled online order. Thanks to him I was able to get the item before Christmas but I will NOT be placing anymore online orders with GNC and furthermore I removed myself from their email list since they solicit things they cannot follow through with.

Jd