Global Escapes / Fraud and cheating

Global Escapes
I purchased a membership with GlobalEscapes back in November of 2006 for 7, 245.00$. I have not been able to acquire accommodations at the places that I or my husband or the two of us travel. We travel all over the world frequently but somehow, there is never anything available when we are 'on the road'.

Finally we tried recently to book a mini vacation on a cruise out of Galveston, after all, we have 3000$ in cruise rewards! The end result for a 7 day cruise would've been a grand total savings from Global Escapes for... 84.00!! out of a 2500.00$ cruise.

So, I thought, let me call my travel manager (as told by them to do for help). I pulled out my global escapes binder, see the business cards for Steve Nalty and Billy Brown, dial the [protected] # and surprise, 'no longer in service'. So, I call the 800 #, no live person to talk to, yet. I did use the short notice getaway once, stayed in an off beat place in Florida (all that was available). When I think what I could have used the 7245.00 + 200.00/yr added membership fees (total 7645.00) for I feel sick.

I thought maybe we can sell this membership, so as I started to investigate the possibility of that. I came upon the BBB complaints and these ripoff complaints as well. I won't spread this poor business practice to any other unknowing soul. We now will go through the belabored hoops to cancel our membership. I see from others, this is not accomplished by merely stopping payments like they said so I'll just get the registered letters in the mail.

Thanks to all who have written. I learned a lot from all of you and will never let myself fall for this travel club scam again.

More Global Escapes Complaints & Reviews

Plus Global Escapes - FRAUD [1]

N  6th of Dec, 2008 by
Global Escapes is now doing business as the Water is Blue or Blue Water. Beware of this scam for which you pay 4-8K and an annual maintenance fee but can never book what you want when you want it. They are most unhelpful and Monterrey Financial, their financial service company, is no better. Do yourself a favor and stay away from them. IF anyone can get a class action lawyer to get a suit together, I am in!
A  28th of Nov, 2009 by
My wife and I purchased a Global Escapes package in 2006 and every time I have ried to use them they could not help us at all. I always found cheaper air fair, car rental, motel, travel, etc. over the internet. They make it sound so good and promise "pennies on the dollar" travel and vacation but never deliver. Stay away from them or get scammed like us..If anyone knows of lawsuits or other action that we can take against them to get the money back that we have lost in this scam;please contact Rick at (210)744-2927
N  23rd of Sep, 2011 by
Take the opportunity to share your travel club experiences on
Dont let others fall victim to the same scenario you lived through. Sharing your thoughts on this great site and others that are more industry specific ensures your complaint gets the exposure to help prevent scams from operating in the United States.