GEVC — Misrep
YES. Big scam. The two "free" airline tickets are a bogus ploy to get you into their presentation. I have received a voucher to redeem this, and it is through another timeshare company called VIP. You have to send them $75 and select dates for your so-called free airline tickets and 45 consecutive date. It reads:
1. Please complete the activation form and mail it by certified mail to the address below. Please include a refundable deposit of $75.00 in the form of a money order or cashier check only. The envelope must be postmarked no later than 21 days from the Sponsor's issue date. Upon receipt, VIP Travel Reservations will mail you a vacation planning package which will include a reservation request form.
2. When you receive your reservation request form please choose your travel date allowing at least 60 days before your first travel request, and 45 days between each consecutive day.
3. This vacation offer provides 2 adults with airline tickets for flights within the continental US only (no flights to Alaska or Hawaii) and a $30.00 Darden gift card. To be eligible for this offer you must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid major credit card. We cannot guarantee that you can combine this certificate with any other vacation certificate. Airfare must be used together.
4. When your reservations are confirmed, VIP Travel Reservations will prepare and mail a written confirmation with your itinerary. Please note that while advance notice is recommended, correspondence is not issued until 15 to 21 days prior to your pickup date. It is important that you do not make travel arrangements until you receive your written confirmation. Gift card issued with confirmation of travel only.
5. You will be responsible for transportation to and from the airport, taxes, fees and any surcharges.
6. All bookings are subject to the availability of VIP Travel allotments. During peak season, conventions, and holidays a surcharge will apply. When VIP travel Reservations, Inc. allotments are full, VIP Travel Reservations reserves the right to substitute a different itinerary.
7. When you receive your reservation request you will choose the nearest major airport to your home as well as a destination city that has a major airport. Choose two different dates of travel allowing at least 45 days between dates. There must be a minimum of 4 nights between arrival and departure.
8. Cancellation policy: If you cancel a confirmed flight you will not be allowed to reschedule, nor will your $75.00 deposit be returned.
And there are 7 more rules that I didn't think were that important. Hopefully you get the point. There is no one who would do this for a trip. That's the point. It's a scam and they
I've contacted them to voice my complaints. Here are the numbers I have:
[protected]. Ask for Monroe and tell him Greg said hello. He didn't care one bit.
[protected]. Ask for Jeff and tell him I said hi also. Didn't care one bit.
They will try to sell you on a vacation package from 8 to 15, 000. When you decline, TWO other members of the staff will lay a guilt trip on you and finally you'll be on your way. Funny how these people are always schmucks.
In a nutshell, GEVC is misrepresenting free offers to get you into there 90 minute presentation (which is more like 2.5 hours). They will make you feel so special it's like a cult. STAY AWAY FROM, GEVC and VIP Travel. You have been warned.
p.s. I'm the guy that won'y go away. I will post this on every forum I can find and I will even go hand out flyers in front of their building to prevent others from wasting their time and money. Watch me...