Gate.com / billing scam

This company has been sending me a bill for website hosting that I shut down with a compay they purchased 3-4 years ago. I called them and emailed them 3-4 times. They ignore my requests to stop sending me bills.

bottom line - this is a shady company - do not do business with them.

A  22nd of Jul, 2009 by
We also are having a hard time with the kind of support gate is giving us right now...we have created trouble tickets since May 7 2009 and up to now there is not a single concrete solution on our problems with our website...

I also found similar problems from several blogs regarding Gate.com...

Most of the customers are complaining...some of you have posted it here at https://www.complaintsboard.com...

But what action can we get? It seems that gate.com is still out there...preying on customers...nobody seems to care...the only solution left with us poor customer is to get out of their services...unless somebody from the government interfere and do something about this to protect us as consumers...
A  21st of Oct, 2009 by
Gate.com has a very disconnected billing department with poor communication. Their ticket system allows you to cancel the service. When you complete the cancellation, they disconnect you from the panel, making you assume that your cancellation is complete. Then for months afterward you receive a bill. I finally called after trying to send several emails and they said they were going to maintain their charges because it was MY fault that even though I had submitted the cancellation and could no longer use their service that they were still sending me bills.

This company is run on duct tape and bailing wire. They have major communication breakdowns and will not accept responsibility for their own failures in system or communication. They pin all responsibility on the customer and handle any challenges in a demeaning and rude way.

Gate.com is a very poor choice for hosting. Not only are their hosting services sub-par and behind the times, but their billing teams will take advantage of you. Do not use Gate.com. Gate.com is a poor service. Gate.com will rip you off. Select another hosting company besides Gate.com. If you are an existing customer trying to get out of Gate.com, make sure you do not use their automated cancellation solution. Call them and give them hell. Make sure you get in writing that you have canceled. If you do not get an in writing response that you have canceled, they will bill you on-going, even if you stop payment. Gate.com is a shady service with a billing department that is demeaning, rude, and does not accept responsibility for their own failures.

Do not choose Gate.com. Gate.com is a poor service. Gate.com should be investigated for poor business practices and for fraudulently misleading customers into thinking they have canceled and continuing to bill them.

If you have complaints about Gate.com, please submit them. The more of you who voice their complaints, the more likely we can stop the shady business practice of Gate.com
A  6th of Jan, 2010 by
they've charged me $8.95 every month for almost 2 years so far, until i cancelled THROUGH THE BANK because i kept cancelling over the phone/thru emails and they never actually cancelled it.

i cancelled thru the bank months ago, and now i got a snail mail BILL telling me i'm in DEBT to them because i'm showing "deliquent" activity and not paying for their services, even though i haven't used their services since 1 HOUR after i signed up with them! i cancelled my account IMMEDIATELY after activating it because their service sucks THAT BAD!

so sure, they can bill me all they want. sue me, even. i'll just counter claim them and sue their butts off for charging me for absolutely nothing for 2 years after i've repeatedly and repeatedly cancelled my account with them.
A  10th of Dec, 2012 by
I called and cancelled my CC# and account over the phone because you can't do it online through Gate.com system, they have it set up that way on purpose! 5 months later I get a collection notice saying I owe them for the last quarter. When I called and told them I cancelled my account and CC# they said they had no record of it. This is apparently how this company operates. A class action law suite would probably discover this is a common practice to extract money from people and businesses that have cancelled their accounts. Gate.com keeps their account open and creates a collection account and people pay because they don't want a collection account on their credit! WARN EVERYONE TO STAY AWAY FROM GATE.COM!!!
A  21st of Mar, 2016 by
I've had one site hosted there for many years; it has never been much of a problem until today. A while back I renamed some pages, and forgot to create 301 redirects. I tried this today, only to find that it's not even POSSIBLE to do this on their site - they are running extremely OLD versions of Windows Server software: 2003 R2 IIS6. I can't get any redirect to work, and I've tried 5 different ways. Tech support was ZERO help. I'm going to have to move my hosting to someone else who can help me.