Garmin Fish Finders - 160c South Africa / I paid my money for a product that does not work

1 South Africa Review updated:

I bought 2 x160c color fishfinders for my local boat shop . I have used them 5 times and every time I use them the screen goes blank . You have to switch it off and on again than they work for 20min and same problem accours . They do not hold there settings that have been programmed.So went back to my dealer who than phoned Avic trading agents for Garmin SA . They keep saying they don't have stock.So I asked for my money back. Avic Trading Garmin SA said ask your dealer.and he is saying he is getting no support from Trading Garmin SA. So now I have to buy another brand or wait for another month or longer for replacement. What now guys I paid my money for a product that does not work.

Dean
South Africa
Bass Fishing

De

Comments

• Ha
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Garmin International - Garmin Fenix3 HR
    Samarinda
    Indonesia

April 23, 2018
    Serial Number: 4MQ177017
    CCAJ16LP1270T9
    PLG. ID: 2433 No: 45111/SDPP/2016

Blank can not turn on after use for a race for 14 hours.
    This item was good during the race but after race, I can not turn on.
    What I can get for this complaint?
    I can send back this unit and get the replacement or Garmin can fix it.

Thanks

• De
      29th of Aug, 2018
    Garmin International - : 010-01847-01
    Braintree
    Massachusetts

Bought this for my daughter for a X-Mas present. Worked great for approximately two weeks and at that point stopped working. Store won't take the item back and I am out $80.00. Spent way too much time on Garmin website trying to find a solution and cannot find a number to contact them directly. Must add I am really not happy with purchase at all.