Gameforge / METIN2 lack of availability/ capacity

1 Portugal Review updated:

GAMEFORGE is a company that claims to "have attracted more than 65 million players in 36 countries" (http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08/12/1204_tech_pioneers/4.htm). Among others, it operates METIN2 under (as other companies) the so-called ‘freemium’ model. I'm a player of Metin2 in Portugal. Almost every country in Europe as its localized version of Metin2 (UK included).

It happens that recently GAMEFORGE took the decision to relocate its servers in a single place (in Germany for sure). Since then, Portuguese players (like me) and others from other countries (including Germans players) have suffered massive problems in accessing the game.

I don't believe GAMEFORGE is doing enough (if anything) to solve the problems we are all experiencing. Portuguese team of game and community managers (not remunerated by GAMEFORGE) are doing their best to explain but the truth is that they are powerless; it all depends on Germany decision and its team of engineering. I was used to think about Germany engineering as the best in the world; not anymore.

That they don't care about Portugal I can understand. That they don' care about giving an explanation to the problems experienced by each and every European community is something I can't accept. Since there is no change in this, I am now appealing to your website to present the problem from a different perspective. It is not only METIN2, hat I am seeing is Germany engineering not being able to cope with known problems and existing solutions.

BTW, yes, we are talking about a "free to play" game but a game that also generates revenues by allowing us to spend 20€ per months (several players spend hundreds of euros per month; other don't spend a dime).

Kind regards

João Reis
joao.torrado@gmail.com

Jo
Apr 29, 2013

Comments

• Dj
      20th of Mar, 2016

In 2014 I reported a player for using racist terms, the player was permanently banned. Now in 2016 the same player has been unbanned. I have contacted Ogame support regarding the matter and was told it had nothing to do with me and that their decision was final.
    It is sickening to think that in this day and age would allow such behavior.