Funsource Monthly / monthly charge

1 3-3400 Kuhio HwyLihue, HI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8082462461

Funsource Monthy called claiming to be offering a $1.95 package with reward coupons from the bank. Able to cancel if not interested. I have never received any mail from them. They have now billed my check card for $1.95 and $19.95. How do I contact them? I never received any mail so no contact number. They are charging my account with no authorization. I want to stop this before it goes any further. Any advise? aloha, katherine gates

Comments

• Ca
      21st of Apr, 2008

I have the same problem, I do have a number that thankfully i wrote down, here is the number that they supposedly have as a contact... 1-800-475-1942 Good Luck, bro!

29th of Apr, 2008

I too have the same problem with FunSource!!! I incurred a charge of $1.95 and then an additional charge of $19.95 to my debit card. Just like you, Katherine, I have not received one single piece of mail from them. So, I just called to cancel this "so-called" membership and to demand a refund. The guy I talked to on the phone said that I should receive the refund in 3 to 5 days. I then demanded that he give me a confirmation number for the cancellation and the refund. We'll see if I get my money back in 3 to 5 days. If not, I will be calling them again! I'm so sick of all of these scams ...

• Er
      7th of Jun, 2008

I too was ripped off by "Funsource". They state in their website that you have the "right to cancel at anytime":
    (From the site)
    "RIGHT TO CANCEL MEMBERSHIP. You have the right to cancel the Membership at anytime. To cancel, write to P.O. Box 5265, Hopkins, MN 55343-2265, Attn: Customer Service, or call 1-800-475-1942. If you cancel the Membership, you will not be charged any additional fees."

I actually called the number and the automated voice gave me a website programsource.com or something like that to go to where I could fill out an online cancellation form, because their offices were closed. They gave me confirmation that my request to cancel has been received and that starting immediately I would no longer billed for services and that they WOULD REFUND THE PREVIOUS MONTH'S PAYMENT back to me... I said, "Great, they only billed me for one month anyway..." Now it is a new month and I just checked my online bank account and they have billed me the $19.95 AGAIN. I just sent an email to their customer service email address explaining what happened and how now I would like to be refunded for both months. They did give me a subscriber ID, but I cannot seem to find it.
    If they do not refund my money, they are going to have hell on their hands... that's $40 they've taken from me already!! It's crazy, how do they get away with this?!?

I hope the above # and mailing address help. If I find the form/ web address online where you can fill out a cancellation form I will post it here...

Good luck to everyone... ; /

• Er
      7th of Jun, 2008

I remembered it!

Go here to fill out the cancellation form!

They "say" they will email you confirmation of the cancelation, but I never got one, but maybe it'll work for you- and if not, at least there will be record of you sending it...

also, here's another number I found on the website and an email address:

From the FAQ:
    "Q. What should I do if I have a question about my FunSource subscription?
    A. If you have a specific question or concern about FunSource, you can contact us toll-free at 1-800-688-4617 anytime between 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (Eastern Standard Time). You can also email us at membership@myfunsource.com. Please provide us with your subscription number (found on your Welcome Letter) when you call or write."

• Je
      23rd of Jun, 2008

Just want to cancel my order thank you. no.-1124176527 please don, t treat this easyly. You will be reported if you don, t cancel at once.

22nd of Jul, 2008

I was charged 1.95 and then 19.95 both in the same month for a service I never requested.

• Da
      25th of Jul, 2008

I called 1-800-475-1942 and spoke to a Wanda of membership services. She said my membership was definitely cancelled as I requested. I would receive an email confirmation in 7 to 10 days and that I would not be charged anymore.
    Since my wife and I had never heard of this organization, I asked her what it was and she stated she did not have that information. I thought that to be very strange. This organization is definitely a scam. We were also receiving charges from a "value plus". Both charges were made on the same day. Again...we had never heard of this...another scam. People are out to get your money, no matter what they have to do.

• Ba
      31st of Jul, 2008

i have the same on my credit card and i dont know who these scammers are either, im billed two 19.95 the same day.

• Mi
      21st of Aug, 2008

I had the same problem as the other's, I just don't know how they got my card number when I, ve never hear of this company.

12th of Sep, 2008

I have no idea what funsource is or why they charged my credit card, but I saw the charge and attempted to locate them. I had to go thru my credit card company explaining that I had no idea who or what they were and had no luck finding a way to contact them. My credit card comany got me the phone number and I called them and they agreed to remove the charges. I NEVER sign up for these things because I always forget to cancel. I can only assume that a telemarketer signed me up even though I said no.

• Vi
      25th of Oct, 2008

Same thing happen to me with this (WC funsource, mnthly-v / 1-800-475-1942) that was on my Oct. Bill, I was charged twice. On my Nov. Bill the charges where under Membership Service 1-800-475-1942, I was charged twice again $19.95. A total of $79.80. You need to call your credit card company, the phone number is on the back of your credit card.

• Kr
      29th of Oct, 2008

getting charged without purchasing

• Be
      26th of Feb, 2009

well i am another victim... i never ever gave out my credit info to this company or any company for that matter . I called the # and was told that i would be refunded only the last withdrawals from my account after i gave them hell they said they will be mailing me a form to receive all of the transactions taken from my account ... mind you these have been charges taken from at least Dec! I dont believe them i found the form myself onthat program stop website but i still dont believe that will work, i think the best option is through go to your bank and say you have unathourized transactions so they could start an investigation and hopefully get all your money back! if not my last resort would be to cancel my debit card

2nd of Mar, 2009

I had the sae problems as all of you with WC funsource, mnthly-v / 1-800-475-1942) that was on my Fev, I was charged twice 40.00 under Membership .You need to call your credit card company, the phone number is on the back of your credit card and than call 18004751942. That is the WC funsource company. They told me that over the phone during a call was offered me a 30 days gift of something and I did not cancel after the 30 days.
    I never accept any kind of gift over the phone ... Anyways call hte number and have them cancel you membership and refund you ASAP. They did refunf in the same day!!
    Call 18004751942

11th of Apr, 2009
    Funsource Monthly - Monthly fees collected without permission
    Funsource Monthly

Two monthly charges are placed for 19.95 for what, I cannot say. Advertise 24/7 service and this is not true either! Rip Off! Hard to cancel when you can't reach anyone.

• Bi
      14th of May, 2009

I also have been scamed by wc funsource, wc value plus and TLG buyersadv, I also have never heard of any of these businesses nor did i solicit there services. they did scam my credit card on several occassions, i contacted chase visa with the information and without question they said they will credit my account. i do belive that the credit card companies are in on the scam. i am preparing the documents to turn over to the texas state attorny generals office. if anyone knows of any class action lawsuits against any of these companies please post them on this site. iwill definetly get in on this one. I think that we as americans need to pull together and pick one or two months and not use any credit cards, i guess the banks would want another taxpayer bailout. one way or another the taxpayers always takes it in the shorts, thanks to the lobbyists who pay politicians for loopholes for these type of scams.

• Tb
      10th of Aug, 2009

I just called the customer service number at 12:52pm and I spoke with a Nyssa. I was told that the 1.95 will be refunded within 3 to 5 days. The 24.95 has not gone through my account yet and I would have to call back tomorrow. If anyone else gets scammed call this number 800 475 1942.

• Sw
      30th of Dec, 2009

I just checked my bank account today and saw 2 charges, one from WC FUnSource and WC Value, one charge is for $19.99 and the other is for $24.95. The only thing we ordered online in last few months was a "Potty Patch" for our dog, we are wondering if my husband check card# was somehow leaked out through that company. I read on another website after someone ordered "AquaGlobes" they too saw unauthorized charges from this company about a month after ordering online. Bottom line, the 2 WC FunSource and WC Value ARE NOT AUTHORIZED AND WE HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THESE COMPANIES!
    I called the toll free# showing on my bank account-recording states they are closed and directs to website--www.stopprogram.com. I filled out a cancel membership form even though we *never* signed up for anything. I also called our bank and they cancelled my husband check card since I'm hoping this is their only way to debit our account.
    I am also filing fraud charges through our bank and await our refund. This company appears to a complete scam.

• Mo
      10th of Mar, 2010

WWW.PROGRAMSTOP.COM

• Jh
      26th of Aug, 2010

I am a victim and this as well and it's a bunch of BS. Thank god my bank monitors the charges to my card and then calls to verify. I reccomend that anyone going through this issue talks with thier bank immedeatly to set up a charge monitoring system. FunSource is the company that tryed to charge me $1.95 and got denied. LOL cant take my money suckers :)