Fry's Electronics / cheats & scam

1 180 N. Sunrise Blvd.Roseville, CA, United States Review updated:

I admit I missed the tremendously low price on the 52LG70 LCD TV by 15 minuets as the last unit rolled out the door as I was placing my order. HOWEVER! I was promised a raincheck by the Video Dept Manager and the next day the store manager called me and told me they will not honor their commitment!

IN CALIFORNIA I BELIEVE THAT A VERBAL COMMITMENT IS A BINDING CONTRACT!

I believe a LAW SUITE may be in order.

BE CAREFUL DEALING WITH FRY'S THEY LIE!

I just ask FRY's to do the "RIGHT THING" and honor their commitment and not cheat me out of the rain-check price on that unit!

Bo

Comments

Jo
  10th of Dec, 2008

u should have gotten proof of raincheck or something on paper.

Ro
  13th of Feb, 2009

bought a returned motherboard thought i was getting a deal. Opened the box to install it and found the processor socket pins were bent and broken. The label on the outside of the box stated that the board had been tested and was good. they refused to take it back because it was "DAMAGED" Buyer beware i refuse to buy another thing from them and will warn anyone that asks that they are only interested in profit and dont give a dam about doing the right thing..

Sn
  21st of Sep, 2011

First of all you agree that you missed the sale. The gave you a raincheck and then they CALLED you? The next day? The store manager? That actually sounds like pretty good service. They could have just waited until you returned some day and were prepared to actually purchase and THEN tell you they wouldn't honor it. I believe that 24 hours would be considered reasonable time for the store to notify you that they wouldn't honor a raincheck. Especially since they called you.

However, any business that cared about staying in business should honor that agreement even if it was against their policy. (I agree that they didn't do the right thing)