Freightliner / ripping me off

1 Georgia, United States Review updated:

Yesterday I took my 2000 Freightliner Century to Orlando Freightliner to have them check and advise why my drivers window fell down and the regulator came up through the top of my door panel. I also asked them to check and advise why my drivers door is hard to open from the inside while they have that door panel off. I noticed the tech had no memory of how to take this door panel off correctly and soon had the rods for the latches and handles fly out onto the floor. I walked away in disgust. They worked up an estimate of $550.00 to replace the window motor/regulator assembly and to replace the metal brace at the bottom of the window that was rusted out and is to be attached to the regulator. After they put my door back together, now my power door lock actuator makes an awful noise and you cant get the door to open from the inside. They originally told me there was nothing wrong with the handle inside the truck. Now I cant unlock or lock my drivers door with my key, and still struggle to open the door from the inside. When after having 5 techs look at my door they worked up an estimate of $540.00 to replace my inside door handle, outside door handle, all the rods, and the power door lock actuator. I told them that if anything i would pay for the inside door handle only. I was not paying all that labor agian to tear into my door. They said being my truck is so old, that these parts wear out and it was a coincidence that it happened to all fail while they were working on that door. So I agreed to pay $99.00 for 1hr diagnostic charges and I told them to put my old window regulator in and I would get a complete door out of salvage yard. Please stay away from Orlando Freightliner if you dont want to pay for unnecessary repairs and damages!

Ma

Comments

• Go
      13th of Mar, 2011

Orlando Freightliner in Apopka is like the Three Stooges gone criminal! Consider yourself lucky, they got me for Thousands and months.