Free Gas Centralbreach of promise

1 Review updated:

Unbelievable! I and a friend got roped into this scam by attending a time share presentation in Rockaway by Sunshine Vacations or Spririt Incentives. They offered $300 free gas as an incentive for attending. We have been faithfully sending in our $100 in receipts since August and nothing but the run around. It is unbelievable. I am now wondering if the $50 I sent in to Spirit Incentives to book a weekend stay at a Marriott (with many hoops to jump through as well) will be honored. There has to be something that can be done.
By the way, the story I was given concerning Free Gas was that all delinquent cards would be mailed out by Dec 30th. I really am still pretty convinced that we've been hoaxed.

Ma

Comments

• Je
      Feb 01, 2009

I was told at a car dealer that I would receive $450.00 worth of free gas
    upon sending my $100.00 in gas receipts as of November 2017.
    Haven't heard from free gas central. This is a rip off.
    Thanks Jerry Pilgrim
    E-Mail [protected]@embarqmail.com

Feb 02, 2009
    Free Gas Central - gas cards
    free gas central
    14100 washington rd ste 36 box 12 largo fl 33774
    Florida

i have paid 5.00 and received nothing.like the other people that never received theirs, i'm also pissed to think i was scammed.i also believe the car dealership also got scammed.the next step is to call the better business bureau in florida to report them. i'll never fall for anything like that again.we sure could use the gas, as other people could also.we have doctors appointments to go to, as my husband has cancer and that sure would help.my advice, don't bother, throw the coupons in the garbage and report them.good luck everybody!b24da

• Wm
      Feb 03, 2009

I, too, have submitted several gas receipts to Free Gas Central and have not received anything. I paid $5 via PayPal to sign up courtesy of a car dealership incentive. The 1-800 number presents a quick busy signal as of 02-03-2017. This doesn't bode well. Has anyone had success with these people?

• Pa
      Feb 06, 2009
    Free Gas Central - Gas card giveaway
    Free Gas Central
    Florida

I have been sending in gas receipts for my free gas cards since November and have not received anything as of yet. I also tried calling the number yesterday and again today, I get a recording stating the number is not a working number. I guess I was lucky, the person I spoke to in the beginning said I did not need to send them $5, it was put in for me. I asked about this and was told it was taken care of.( I've always heard if you have to pay money for a free service BEWARE!)
    I'm just frustrated having to collect all these gas receipts, plus using my stamps and envelopes, plus having to purchase gas at certain gas stations when at times I could have gotten cheaper gas at others.
    I don't expect anything for free, however I do feel I worked for this so called "free gas". This company should be prosecuted and made to fulfill the $100.00 gas cards as promised.
    Hope this will be a warning to all who participated Hope we all get some kind of justice!!

• Sd
      Feb 11, 2009

I got ripped off too by Free Gas Central. I've been sending in receipts since August and have not received one card as of yet.

Feb 11, 2009
    Free Gas Central - VOUCHERS NEVER RECEIVED AS PROMISED
    FREE GAS CENTRAL/GASOLINE REDEMPTION CENTER
    Florida
    Phone: [protected] (NO LONGER WORKS)
    FreeGasCentral.com

I RECEIVED A PAPER FROM A HEISTER DEALERSHIP IN FUQUAY-VARINA NC TO BRING IN THE PAPER THAT I HAD RECEIVED AND SEE IF I HAD WON SOME FREE GAS (WHO WOULDN'T TAKE THEM UP ON THIS OFFER WHEN GAS WAS SKY HIGH). I WON $150.00 WORTH. I FOLLOWED ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS TO PURCHASE THE GAS THAT I HAD NAMED, GET RECEIPTS IN THE AMOUNT OF $100.00 PER MONTH, SEND THEM IN TO FREE GAS CENTRAL AND RECEIVE A $25.00 GAS VOUCHER THAT I CAN USE AT THE GAS STATION THAT I HAD CHOSEN. I HAD TO SEND IN A $5.00 MONEY ORDER, WHICH WOULD BE REFUNDABLE AT THE LAST MONTH THAT I'D RECEIVE A GAS VOUCHER, IN FACT $30.00 WOULD BE SENT INSTEAD OF THE $25.00.
    submitted by Mary Douglas, 6772 Deep River Road, Sanford, NC 27330. email: [protected]@yahoo.com

• St
      Feb 14, 2009

I also have been scammed by Free Gas Central. After attending a vacation seminar last July 08, we received the Free Gas Central offer as a gift for attending. I followed the instructions on the card for redeeming the $100.00 gas receipts per month. The monthly receipts would qualify me to receive a $25.00 gas gift card from the gasoline company of my choice. This just happened to be Bp gas. I paid the up front $5.00 refundable fee to get the process rolling. I've been faithfully sending in the required receipts since Sept. 08, and have never received any gift cards from Bp or Gas Central. I even enclosed a note with one of my redemption mailings requesting that they get back to me regarding the fact that I have not received a $25.00 gift cards since Sept 08. I did receive from Gas Central, several emails telling me that the gas receipts were received in good order and all I had to do was to continue sending them in. It's now Feb. 15, 09, 6 months of mailing in receipts, and I'm realizing that this whole deal is more than likely some kind of scam. I'm most likely out the $5.00 + postage + time and envelops. I've decided to stop sending in the receipts and try to file a complaint regarding Free gas central.

• Mi
      Feb 22, 2009

I drove over 60 miles to a Chevy dealership to receive my $100 Free Gas and got shafted also. It has been over 6 months (last August) that I sent in my receipts. I live in a remote area and had to drive out of my way in order to use the station to get the free gas from, so I am out a great deal all together. Perhaps we should hold the places that promoted the Free Gas Central promotion responsible also, as if they weren't offering the deals, nobody would have been scammed. I am just thinking that there must have been something in it for them to offer that to the public. Otherwise why would they have bothered. How many cars were purchased and time shares or whatever because these things drew you to their places of business. Sounds like someone made quite a bit of money off us pawns.

Feb 22, 2009

I was also scammed! I purchased $2, 500 worth of Ashley furniture and was to receive $500 worth of free gas. I have been sending receipts since November 2017. I haven't received anything but an e-mail saying my receipts were not acceptable. My receipts were exactly what they should be!!! This is a fraud and FREE GAS CENTRAL AND THE PUSHERS OF THIS SCAM SHOULD BE PROSECUTED!!!

• Li
      Feb 25, 2009

I also have been scammed by Free Gas Central.Last August I received a $100.00 voucher as part of a business promotion for a car dealership in Minnesota. I did contact the Dealership and found out they also payed them $20.00 for each voucher they handed out to their customers.So, The businesses got scammed as well.I also sent in the $5.00 refundable fee. I found out this matter is pending with the Florida Attorney General's Office and you too can file a complaint by going to http://myfloridalegal.com.

• Da
      Feb 26, 2009

The company behind this freegas scam has finally been sued by the Florida Attorney General.

See http://myfloridalegal.com/__852562220065EE67.nsf/0/0351D7EC68E846FD8525755C006DF2BF?Open&Highlight=0, gasoline, redemption

Be sure to file a complaint through the Florida Attorney General's Office: http://myfloridalegal.com/Contact.nsf/Contact?OpenForm&Section=Economic_Crimes

• Da
      Feb 26, 2009

• Mi
      Mar 04, 2009
    Free Gas Central - A Huge Scam!
    Gas redemption
    Pennsylvania

I received this gas redemption gift from Sun dance vacations. They tried to sell a time share, and during it you received certain amount of free gas money. Its been 6 months and no card came in. Ive tried calling, no one answers, and email doesnt work either. YOu needed to send 5 dollars to sign up and that is what they get you on. They must collect 5 dollars from millions of people and then thats it. Please dont buy from sundance vacations or get sucked into the free gas central scam!

Mar 07, 2009

I received my voucher from a local auto dealer and haven't received any gas cards, yet, either.

I did contact the Florida attorney general's office and registered a complaint there.

www.myfloridalegal.com

• Bi
      Mar 11, 2009

I guess I'm an exception. I started participating in Free Gas Central in July of last year, and I have actually received 3 $25 gift cards...so I guess that would be for July, August, and September. I haven't received any since, and my February submission was just returned as undeliverable, and the 727 area code number on the Web site is now disconnected.

I paid my $5 activation fee, and I got $75 in gift cards back. I seem to have done better than others.

• Je
      Mar 18, 2009

This is not true. You did not follow the proper instructions to receive your gas card. I know because i have received it and was not ripped off. Plus, they do not get 5 five dollars from "millions" of people. If you are going to make accusations like that...please provide proof of how you know this information.

• Lo
      Mar 18, 2009
    Free Gas Central - Card with no money
    Loida Gonzalez

I received an offering from Sweetwater Filtration System a free card gift for 100.oo usd. It supposed I was going to receive 4 monthly cards for $25.00 . I received the first one after 6 months and when I went to exchange it in Valero Gas Station they told me it didn't have any money. I have not received the other 3 and the company doesn't have or give their phone no. so I can call them directly.

I thank you for having the time to read my claim.
    Loida Gonzalez

Mar 20, 2009
    Free Gas Central - Have not received $250.00 Gift Visa cards promised
    Free Gas Central
    14100 Washington Road, Ste. 36, Box 12
    Phone: [protected]
    freegascentral.com

I received a notice in the mail from a Honda Dealershiop in Loma Linda CA indicating that if I came in and test drove a vehicle for purchase that I would receive a free gift which was $250.00 gas voucher. I complied with the request and received this voucher. I follow the instructions listed on the voucher and was required to submit $100.00 in gas purchase receipts on a monthly basis and that I would receive a $25.00 Visa gift card each month until I receive $250.00 worth. I stated sending my receipts in September 2017 and I have yet to receive anything from this company. I had called several time through the past and did speak with a lady and a gentleman. They each assured me that I would get the gift card but that the were a little behind in getting them out. Now my March gas receipts were sent and the mail came back indicating that the Post Office was unable to forward. I called the telephone number for this company, which is indicated above, and the number is no longer in use. What can been done? Please advise. I can be reached at [protected].

Thanks
    Nat Holcomb

Mar 26, 2009

I have been sending in receipts since November after attending a Chevy car promotion offering these for listening to thier pitch for a car here locally. I got an e-mail saying they were "in good order" back in January. The place I sent them to at the end of February, got returned with the envelope marked "not a valid address - undeliverable." I have not received any gas cards. I was supposed to receive a $250 gas card. Is anyone contacting the dealerships or promoters of this scam?
    Debbie Pappas Krois,
    Kansas City, MO

Mar 26, 2009

Everyone needs to file a complaint with the Florida Attorney General! We need to get our money back.

• Mg
      Mar 30, 2009

Did what was asked to receive a gift card never received. Paid pay pal $5.00 dollars that was asked. I guess it's true it was too good to be true. Sincerely, M GRAHAM Stockton, ca

• Ta
      Mar 31, 2009

Ah Jessicer ...it is true, I also received a gas redemption from Sundance Vacations and have been sending in the coupons in prescribed manner since last September and never got any gas cards. Many times as a great inconvenience to me to buy the brand I needed to qualify. Now I find out that Tidewater Marketing the company that ran the promotion is in big trouble with Florida's Attorney General and some others.

Also I have tried to call Sundance Vacations several times about this situation and I always get an answering machine and they never call me back. That should give you some idea as to the kind of operation they run.

• Kr
      Apr 22, 2009

I received the gas voucher as part of a travel agency promotion...I wasted time attending a Timeshare info session at a Milwaukee travel agency on Bluemound Rd to get the certificates. What a joke. Hope this Free Gas Central isn't stealing credit card numbers from paying the $5 online.

May 13, 2009

I purchased my vehicle in 9/08 sent my 5.00 through paypal also then started mailing in my vouchers. I called several times after not receiving my 25.00 gas cards and was promised it was coming. I finally called the last time and number was disconnected so I sent an e-mail and letter and the letter was returned. I bought this vehicle and was excited about the 500.00 in gas for a year which never happened I have also filed a claim with the State of Fl.
    Debbie Davis North Carolina

• To
      Jun 28, 2009

I'm also a victum on this, I think we also need to find out the company who issue this voucher to us, they should take the full response on this voucher.
    I don't have the invitation letter on hand, maybe somebody has a copy or something else, we should ask for them to give us a explanation.
    Attached is the original voucher copy.
    Tony

Sep 14, 2009

Has a lawsuit been filed by anyone? I too, paid the registration fee to FreeGasCentral.com and I never received any gas cards after sending in my receipts. Something should really be done to prevent scams like this.

John M Shields