Foxtel / Bad service

Ok so my Foxtel wasn't working (having wiring issues) so I ran the company up and did the step by step instructions with them. Instead of fixing the problem it just made it worse. They offered to get a technician out to fix the problem and if it was deemed a fault of mine then I was to pay $70.

The phone call was made at the end of February, the earliest they could get a tech out was April 22nd. So already paying for Foxtel when it wasn’t working. April 22nd rolled around and my Sister stayed home from work (with out pay) to let the tech in. They were meant to be coming between 7am-10am. 3pm rolled around and no one had showed up. We were told that they wouldn’t be able to tell us when they were coming out and that they will put us on a 48 Hour call back list in which then they will have a new time - might I remind you no apology was given.

5 Days later we make the call to find out when the tech is coming they tell us May 6th which was 3 days away, asked when they were going to call me with this info and never got an answer. Asked if someone will definitely be out this time around and once again no one was able to confirm it.

Poor Nan was made to stay home for us as we weren’t even sure if they were coming. They came!! And what they wrote on the summary isn’t what the tech had done. So I called Foxtel this morning to say I wasn’t paying the $70. Only to be told that the tech had came out and did what he was meant to do and that was final. With that Foxtel hung up on me. Once again we got no where, and are still paying for Foxtel when we can’t use it to its full potential.

Va

Comments

• Di
      15th of Oct, 2008

Hi,
    Yes this Company is based in Australia and is a Pay TV bully offshoot.
    They are horrendous to deal with and have a history of harassing and bullying union officials who tried to help the poor staff who unfortunately got a job with them (allegedly)
    Now I hear they have bullied the Union so much the Delegates have left. BUT 2 Delegates are taking legal action in the Melbourne Tribunal

• Di
      15th of Oct, 2008

You can register your disgust with this Company at http://www.foxtel.com.au/customeradvocacydetails.aspx or even better still: - kim.williams@foxtel.com.au

• Sk
      19th of Jan, 2009

I got ripped off by foxtel there offers are fake. fax alan sedda 0383252311

• To
      16th of Aug, 2009

I have been a loyal customer with Foxtel for the last 10 years, as well as my entire family. My remote control is faulty and they are trying to charge me $70. It clearly says on their website that they replace them if it is not your fault (which it isnt) and their "Team Leader- Ragi" had no clue that it says that. It is appalling that they treat their loyal customersthis way. Not only that but Ragi was more than willing to give me the phone number for their diconnection department so I could cancel my contract and also all of the contracts for my family. I could not believe they did not care about their customers and were so willing to part with them. I could not even understand what they were saying as all the staff I spoke to had very poor English. This makes it very difficult to get your point accross.

We have never missed a payment and have never complained once about their poor network that cuts out all the time with no warnings.

I am very disappointed that they exepct you to pay $115 a month for a service yet they wont give you the tools to use it i.e a remote control that works. I do not recommend using them.

Toula

23rd of Jun, 2011

billing issues will not discuss resolution or give employee number unfair billing processes

• Vi
      13th of Jun, 2012

I had a problem viewing TV from Fox tel on 13/6/12. I contacted customer service and a Person by the name Kabir took the call.
    I was explaining to him about the problem- he never listened- he kept telling me it was the fault of the Television and I have contact Sony the makers of the TV set.
    I insisted it was not the problem of TV set as I could see part of the TV program from Foxtel. Eventually when I refused to give uo he fixed the problem
    I told him I will be reporting this poor service to Foxtel- he did not give me any contact information
    I rang Foxtel later and mentioned the incident in detail to another person-who said he will pass on the information to the persons who deal with these situations