Fox anime.com / non delivered product

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I have emailed constantly to get my dvd delivered. I get promises of soon, and now next week. This has been since Dec 17th it is now Jan 27th, 2009 I can't believe they were listed on Yahoo.

Er

More Fox anime.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Me
      12th of Feb, 2009

The same exact thing is happening to me. I actually emailed customer support and the email came back to me from mailer daemon stating the email didn't even exist. I gave them my credit card info and hope the site is legit. It seems shady to me.

• S0
      5th of Mar, 2009

I too Agree, I havent waited as long but have yet to recieve even a response to my E-mail I've wrote asking why its taking so long to deliver a book? A Book. Good Deals don't make up for Poor Service.

• Ky
      12th of Mar, 2009

I've ordered from them. Just this last month. From what I've read through a number of sites. They are one of those companies that take a really long time to get stuff to you but you do eventually get your stuff. Personally, I have confirmation on my entire order. It's been shipped. I'm tracking it but it hasn't arrived as of yet. I had the same problem with the email. Though I did get a couple of emails through. Apparently, this is common with them. Try using a client rather than web mail, i.e. outlook or outlook express rather than yahoo or gmail. I have heard that you have better luck gettin the mails to go through. All things considered they do have the best prices so it might be worth the extra wait unless you're in a serious rush for something and they have things that you can't get anywhere else. Such as complete box sets that are unavailable. That should be the part that raises concern. After all, you could end up purchasing bootlegged stuff. Though considering they have been in business for as long as they have. They were under a different name previously, that there would be more complaints if something were wrong.

The anime community isn't exactly one to keep its mouth shut about spending money for illegit copies after all most of the community makes those themselves so they definitely are going to complain about paying for something they can make themselves. Here is my personal view on why it takes so long. They post their available titles but consider if this is a smaller sized company. Their "warehouse." might be the garage of the owners house. They don't actually have everything in stock.

They fill by the order. some of the more popular titles they keep stock of but the rest are marked only "as available" when they get an order they order it from overseas. If you have purchased from China you will understand the pain of having to wait. They then receive it have to fill the orders that were ahead of yours and in some cases order more copies increasing the wait. Obviously they aren't going to say anythin about this they are simply going to mark it as back ordered if you complain and if you don't they still take their sweet time.

Just my personal view. I've spent about 150 with them and have 330 or so more sitting in the bin waiting. I want to buy the stuff badly but I also don't want to hand them a total of almost 500 with shipping costs when I'm not sure if they are actually a good company. Still, once I know I'll be putting that order through because those prices are really good and shipping is done by how much you spend. While it does increase, the prices are fairly reasonable. I don't like the fact, they charge you for shipping in addition to what you already paid if you're backordered but such is life and they should have a phone number or a workin email.

• Ba
      12th of Mar, 2009

I have had nothing but trouble from this site. I so far have waited 3 months for my package to be shipped because it was on backorder. I only found that out a while later because I emailed them asking for the status of my order. After many responses (which were a long delay to get even that from them) saying I will receive my package week after week. I also read through their policy which says they will not charge you until the item is shipped. I was charged the week I ordered!

• Vy
      15th of Apr, 2009

I ordered from them back in February. It is now April. I am disputing with my credit card company as we speak. I recieved a partial order. I am now going to return it and just get the full balance posted back to my credit card. I suggest anyone else do the same. Also you only have 60 days to dispute with a credit card. You can't do that with a debit/fake credit card.

• He
      18th of Apr, 2009

i ordered from them in late March, through a site known as 'BESTNHOBBY'. It was through my credit company that i realised the payment was actually made to foxanime.llc. IT seems that foxanime has set up several fraud sites. I suspect macanime.com is one of those sites too.

When i thought my money was scammed, i received the 'goodbye samantha'' email. I emailed foxanime about my order, and was promised delivery soon whatsoever. Till now, 1month later, i still haven;t gotten my products. I think Yahoo! Shopping should removed them.

i don;t think there's a Samantha at all. I think it's all a farce. Hope their sites get hacked.

• Bi
      20th of Apr, 2009
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

made my purchase back in feb. too. It's been 2 months since and yet all i've got from them are empty promises that my products will be delivered soon. their customer service is damn lousy!

i was told my products were backordered. Then why didn't the site state so, and yet they claimed the site was updated daily. What a stupid excuse made by stupid people. Whatever it is, tell eveyone not to purchase from this site. FOXANIME deducts your money immediately and gives you nothing. A complete fraud company.

btw, i find kyachan's entry suspicious. Everyone's entry is of appropriate length but she goes a looonnnnggggg way to praise the ### from FOXANIME. Everyone here got scammed and yet she got her products. Is she the blessed one amongst all of us? SHe must be one of them...

no offence, just an opinion frm a bitter guy.

• Ka
      29th of Apr, 2009

I order only two weeks ago after a recommendation. Hhmmmm... Well it's back to downloading for me. I can download the anime that isn't licensed from quality sources waaaay faster than waiting for these guys. So far I'm out only $22 Thankfully, my bank will actually give me the money back if foxanime doesn't respond within 10 business days & report them as having committed wire fraud. I LOVE my bank for tha reason!! Maybe you guys should try talking with your bank??

This is the last online order I'm making with ANY company that has to ship your anime. I knew it was too good to be true!

• Mo
      29th of Apr, 2009

this is the second time that ive ordered from this site and both times my orders were delayed. I eventually got my first order after i called the company, but the order that i just put in hasnt arrived yet, and its been several weeks. apparently my items are backordered, but i wasnt aware of this before i placed my order. they have great prices, but the wait isnt worth it. i would strongly recommend not ordering from this site.

• Fa
      1st of May, 2009

i had a order too and i waited like 4 months and i just kept bugging them and i finally got my order today. they just take to long

• Pl
      7th of May, 2009

I sent in a small order about 2-3 weeks ago im not sure what to think of this site but according to my dad any mail order takes 6-8 weeks min usualy so if I get my stuf im fine even if it takes a while but it will suck for them if it takes to much longer because my parents were going to order alot of dvd box sets from them for my birthday in June but my bank told me they can track my bank note (wasnt going to give a cc # to a site im unsure of) so like the guy above me im pretty sure im safe even if there a fraud so if there fake there only hurting themselfs, because if they are real theyd be making alot more money of me xD. But sence my dad(a Police Officer) says it normaly takes 6-8 weeks or more for anything ordered in the mail/over the phone it seems to me some people are just a little impatient. But it does seem to me that from what that good bye whatsher name thing said and from the fact that they no longer have a working help center link, it takes them more than 6-8 (weeks to deliver on average from what you all say) and they are still having trouble responding to emails in a timely maner that if this group is real it is probably very understaffed compared to all the stuff they have to deliver.

• Ar
      9th of May, 2009

I ordered a box set more than a month ago it hasn't arrived yet I think their a scam site I only wished I knew who to contat to take legal action they said I would get my stuff usps it don't take a month to get something usps from anywhere on earth

9th of May, 2009

Thanks guys for the warning. I almost place a big order through foxanime.
    I have been ordering through website http://stores.channeladvisor.com/animetoys/Anime%20DVDs/?sck=31959118 in the past year. They don't have lots of series like other websites. However, they are very reliable. I also would recommend http://www.sundevildvd.com/store/home.php. They are expensive compare to others but they are fast when it comes to shipment.

• Pl
      3rd of Jun, 2009

Its me pluto, I got my dvd It looks really good and works really well, but it took along time to deliver(they appologized for that) the only fear you may have of fox anime is that there discs have a small chanse of being bootleged sence there made in a asian country and I found 1 letter missing on the 2 discs, but the quality is great and every episode is there.

• G5
      10th of Jun, 2009

Anyone know anything about buyanimeusa? This looks like the same company as foxanime with a minor makeover.

Apparently foxanime used to be called animeballz

Looks like they burn their reputation under one company name then open a new site with the new name and the same MO

• Ka
      26th of Jun, 2009

I have used foxanime.com and like most people I too am not happy with my experiences with them. My first order, a dvd and 2 graphic novels, took forever to get and was split up with the graphic novel being on "backorder". But I did get the whole order eventually and was satisified. So I tried them again with a gift visa card I had received. Big mistake, they cancelled my order two months later saying they couldn't get it and that the money was back on the card. But when I tried to re-use the gift card information (that foxanime provided) it was rejected/declined. Long story short I got screwed.

• Yt
      9th of Jul, 2009

I too have ordered products from them and do not doubt that some of them are probably either bootlegs or china made crap (meaning just as bad). I've bought from them a few times simply because each time I try to get my money back for an order or something they tack it on as a store credit which I do not want. Despite this though they've given me nearly 40-50 dollars in store credit that I didn't have before. My last purchase for example was completely free and the shipping was free too. Despite the company they do try. They have listed a lot of different items and sometimes the places where they buy from are out of stock and you have to wait. I've bought numerous things from different locations throughout the world and china is by far one of the worst. Considering the majority of their import items are china imports the wait time shouldn't surprise you. Like I said though sometimes I swear the items are bootlegs. I ordered senkitan (very obscure anime) and I discovered early on that it was the tv version with nearly five+ minutes cut from each episode (albeit these were mainly ecchi scenes or other slightly controversial scenes (a death?) but still to my knowledge only the dvd uncut boxset was ever released. The subs are also the exact same thing as the fansubs I found online. So either something is up or who knows what's going on. On the other hand however I managed to buy the entire lupin the 3rd television series (all of them plus movies), considering half of it never made it to dvd (vhs mainly) or never made it stateside period this was an awesome deal. I even managed to get it cheaper because of a huge sale they had randomly for one day and one day only. The latest items I ordered from this place were the next two Negima manga is set for release july 7th and october 10th. I have yet to get notice of them but they say to expect about a week or two after initial release. This was one of my free items so I have yet to see how they do. In the end Foxanime for all its problems also has a few good points here and there. You can find extremely hard to find anime for an extremely cheap price, As far as the whole back-ordered thing goes the best thing to do when they cancel an item is to ask for compensation for the waste of your time they will usually do something for you since they wish to keep your business. Basically I say it is a decent seller so long as your willing to take a chance on legitimacy (or don't care) and so long as you understand you may have to wait a very long time to get your products.

As far as emailing them goes you have to go to their website and go to the contact section and find the issue you have and email them that way. On the emails with back orders and the like if you try to reply it will send up the message saying the email could not go through. They have their own special little section that takes care of concerns, comments, and complaints and the only way they'll get it is you look on their website for the information and email address needed. Otherwise you'll never get back to them. Once you send an email through this service they are surprisingly quick and will respond within 1-4 days. (they don't seem to do anything on the weekend however).

In the end fox anime has its pros or cons. Although I won't be buying from them again for quite a while. Hope that helps.

• Na
      13th of Jul, 2009

I just bought two dvd collections from BuyANIMEusa.com, unfortunately I didn't know it had negative feedback when I googled it, except there isn't enough reviews on the website to see if anyone received their products.

jeez, I learned my lesson. I'm sticking to just buying them on amazon and ebay.

• Le
      14th of Jul, 2009

Beware Foxanime is also www.buyanimeusa.com, www.macanimestore.com, www.clickanimedvd.com, www.bestNhobby.com.. checkout their registered information, they all looked fishy, each site noted their Location are in different states, but sales taxes are charged for residernt in CA. Note they all carries the same products?..

I found this to be every funny noted by www.macanimestore.com, whom stated they are in Seattle, Washingtion, but post a sales taxes for residents of California. They said and I quote:

"6. Ship out Dates
    Macanimestore.com's Major ship out date is every Tuesday and Friday.
    Basically most of orders ship out 7 days after the receipt.
    Not a lot, but in stock items ship out daily.

Believe us, most of anime retail websites are just like us. Ship out in 48 hours? One out of 100 orders probably. We don't LIE like other websites. Been there Done that. I bet many of you already experienced this before. Says IN STOCK but when you order it, it's on backorder takes week or two. Macanimestore.com is honest at least. "

Oh.. Yes, very honest.. that is because all the other stores noted above all belong to them!! They are the one that say in stock, charge your card. and I don't see my order for over 1 month! BE WARE of THIS PEOPLE THEY ARE SCAM AND OUT TO TAKE PEOPLE MONEY... WHY IN THE WORLD THEY OPEN SO MANY STORES??? AFTER ONE CRASH WITH TON OF COMPLAINT.. THEY CREATE THE NEXT... ###.

• Le
      16th of Jul, 2009

Oh my god. Foxanime=Anime Ballz...I remeber ordering from Anime Ballz a long time back and the order taking about a month to get to me. I ordered from foxanime and once again the serivce took about a month. Its weird because I remeber trying to look for the anime ballz website to show a friend, and it disappeared off the internet.

S-H-A-D-Y.