Forrester UK Holdings LLC / Debt collection problems

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

My wife & I bought a house in December 2006. We have received excessive letters regarding equipment that previous owners had with this company. Despite confirming in writing that we purchased the property recently, we still receive letters to recover a debt from the previous owner!

Comments

• Db
      12th of Dec, 2007

We have had similar problems with the same company and they constantly annoy you with automated telephone conversations where you eventually speak to some American call centre nurd.
    Even if you tell him to stick his company where the sun doesn't shine or that if you get your hands on him you'll make sure he cannot father children, he will always say 'well have a nice day sir'.

The UK doesn't need these idiots operating in our arena and I wish they would clear off to New York or even better Bagdad. At least they won't get the opportunity to say have a nice day sir over there when threatened with physical violence.

• Su
      19th of Dec, 2007

We have had exactly the same problem, very frustrating and upsetting but now quite serious as despite numerous phone calls and letters to the company, to which we have received no reply, the latest letter says they are serving an order aginst our address. we have now had to refer the amtter to our solicitor. Who will pay these costs? The company does not seem able to understand or accept that we are not the people who took out thye contract and despite us supplying the forawrding address and telephone number of the previous owners of the business they are not contacting them there.
    we seem powerless to resolve tis issue. What can we do? we do not want this debt against our credit rating on the address which is what our solicitor has said will happen!

7th of Jan, 2008

I too have had a letter demanding nearly a thousand pounds.I am not going to phone their number or bother contacting them. Their letter is off to the Tranding Standards.

• Bb
      28th of Feb, 2008

I have also got problems with this bunch, I had a previous contract with Hypercom Europe which I cancelled over two years ago. Forester UK took over that company and say they can find no record of cancellation and will continue to bill me. In spite of letters and phone calls they have said they will keep phoning me (almost a call every week) until I submit to their bludgeoning. They apparantly do not wish to take the matter to court (as suggested by me over two years ago) preferring a route of harassing myself and all these other complainants.

• Da
      11th of Apr, 2008

This company have been taking money from me by direct debit for four years. I closed due to ill health I they told me I was in debt to them. I now find they owe me £900.00. They will not answer any letters, when I phone them they are a waste of time. I am contacting trading standards today. Has anyone any advice to offer please?

9th of May, 2008

I also have problems with this company. my original contract was with hypercom.
    I ordered an upgrade machine ( Aug 2007)which they never delivered. Nov 2007 i canceled with them, they accepted yet they still call every day chasing me for rentals!
    Jan 2008 a machine turned up! After i canceled with them. they are a nightmare i also suggested to them to hand the case to there legal department ( if it even exsists) yet they will not but choose to harrass me every day plus ending the call ' have a nice day' even after many rows with them. As for the automated calls i have had thousands of them cheeky gits want you to call them... the cheek! I just hang up now. I sought advice via trading standards...still on-going. if it continues i will pursue them no matter what cost as they should not be allowed to get away with it! I will Fight till the end!!!
    i sent the machine back to the UK address it got returned to me May 6th.

• Da
      22nd of May, 2008

It looks like we are all going through the same ordeal with this bunch of half-wits. I have told them I want to meet them in court, to have my satisfaction but they still keep harassing me and adding too a fictitious bill I am running up with them. If I do manage to get them into a court room, can I use everyone's comments on this website so the judge can see what we are up against.

Thanks

• Je
      17th of Jun, 2008

Oh my god, it seems like everyone are going through this, at least im not the only one
    originally with Hypercom, i terminated, when forrester took over and increased charges- i sent letters etc,
    then sent the damn machine back, only to get 10 automated calls a day, asking to return the call on an 08 number!!!
    Then to get calls demanding i paid a termination fee and 3mths charges- of course i told them where to go, because i said my contract was with Hypercom- not them, and i certainly never signed anything, i told them it was unfair and unjust
    I rang hypercom and explained, and asked how long my contract was.
    they told me id been with them 7years, and after i think 2 or 3 or 4yrs it had expired anyway so it was ongoing after that, they told me to stand my ground and not pay- i suggest we just all say no, and go away NOT politely!! good luck

• Li
      24th of Jun, 2008

We are having several similar problems also. Why don't we all get together to try and argue our cases as one. The fact that we can't speak to anybody who knows what they are talking about is the biggest problem.

• St
      24th of Jun, 2008

Hi, Forrester LLC are one of the most useless companies I have ever had to deal with - you write to them recorded delivery otherwise they do not accept that they have received your letters and then they they say they have sent you letters that you never receive - the customer call centre staff are the most patronising people I have ever had the pleasure to deal with.They will not answer a direct question. How do these companies get away with it and why do UK companies such a Lloyds TSB allow there customers through the cardnet terminals to end up dealing with such a bunch of ###s??

1st of Jul, 2008

Hi,

Well the problems with Forresters just seems to be building.
    Amazed how many people have a problem, and that is only the ones who post comment.

I returned my terminal to them in July 2007, paid my 3 months and thought that was the end!

They first tried to charge me 'termination' fee, told them to get stuffed, then they told me I owed them 3 months, after arguing they accepted that I did not owe a penny, Hurray.

THEN they called me again saying I owed them 3 months rent, I told them I was told I owed nothing, gave them the name of the guy who told me this.

I was told he does not work there anymore and did not know what he was talking about, they then told me rent is in arrears and I owe.

Since then because I cancelled Direct Debit on day I sent machine back they have been billing me every 3 months for 2008 and no doubt will continue to do so.

Have written to them several times, no response.

In a week or so it is the 1st anniversary of me closing my account, I have a nice anniversary card ready to send to them!

Mike Hill Bristol

12th of Jul, 2008

I have to join this forum to vent my frustration and incredulity at these complete ###s. Not only are they sending bills to me for over £500.00 but they are sending them in the name of a company I have never heard of.
    I refuse to contact them or ring them.
    They have contacted me twice in three weeks and to my joy I have contrived 2 responses that they have no answer to.

1) Sorry that person died on Monday and you are talking to their relative.
    Please remove their name from your database.
    2) Hold the line please I'll just go and see if the person you want is here... left them hanging for 27minutes last time, while I had my evening meal.

Just treat them with the contempt they are showing you - honestly it works.

Its time we started telling the yanks to go home...they're screwing our lives up enough already.

Mick in Northumberland

Forresters...go and get lost in America.

18th of Jul, 2008

Yup - another one here - had a contract with Hypercom that I cancelled over 2 years ago. Had loads of hassling phonecalls and now finally a letter from a debit collection agency threatening to take me to court. They say they have a copy of a signed contract for 4 years - but my contract was with Hypercom, not those ###s at Forrester. I'm going to use the legal advice team I have with the FSB to try to deal with it.

• Ke
      6th of Aug, 2008

Hi I am in the same situation as yourselves I am now being pursued by TNC Legal Services for a debit I dont owe are you being pursued by the same company?.
    Any suggestions to help me get these people off my back would be appreciated.

Kevin in West Sussex

• St
      20th of Aug, 2008

Wow I'm not alone getting hassle from Forrester. I had a terminal from Hypercom which was cancelled in Jan 2007. They told me then that i had to pay three months and a cancellation fee and wanted payment there and then. I told them i run a business and need an invoice before i can send payment. I would also like a copy of my contract clearly showing where i signed to agree to a cancellation fee. If all above board i would send them a cheque (approx £165). I never received any paperwork from them so it was forgotten about. Last week i received a demand letter from TNC Legal Services for £443.94. I refused to pay this and explained the above and still stated that unless i receive an invoice and a breakdown of costs nothing will be paid. How could i possibly now be owing them 3 times the original amount and why can they not just send me the information i need. I don't see why i should chase them so i'm leaving TNC to do as they wish. Would love to hear from anyone getting hassle from Forrester/TNC and how far they are prepared to go.

28th of Aug, 2008

I'm now at the stage where I've received a notice of court action from Sloane Portland Assoc. on behalf of TNC for £264.40.

I've checked my contract and it was for 4 years, so I think I've got to just pay it. I hate doing this but it's not worth the risk of a much higher bill when it goes to court and then a CCJ against the business.

Bugger - I hate Forrester, but legally I don't think I have a leg to stand on.

30th of Aug, 2008

Why don't you have a leg to stand on? Please note that Sloane Portland Associates are just another desk at TNC. Ignore the posh title. A letter from then threatening court action is just that - another threatening letter.

TNC collect debt for Forrester UK Holdings on a no fee basis and keep a slice of anything collected. They send out lots of threatening letters in the hope some will pay but will not go through with court action unless Forrester pay them a fee to do so. The threat of court action is completely empty since Forrester won't pay TNC the fee to do it. In any event, costs can only be added if awarded by the court, not arbitrarily by TNC.

I've Googled Forrester UK Holdings and they don't have any kind of presence in the UK. I've checked with Companies House and they aren't known there either. I believe Forrester UK Holdings are an off-shore based company with dubious ethical practice.

I would recommend ignoring them.

• Ge
      1st of Sep, 2008

I am so glad I came across this internet page as I now realize its not just me and my company that is suffering from this bunch of cowboys. Because that is exactly how Forrester Holdings is behaving. A completely dysfunctional band of hopeless idiots !!! Countless phone calls from them ( sometimes ten at a time at night )Weekly letter threatening a ton of stuff. Lloyds TSB are trying to help here, but finding it hard. The Yanks just don't seem to understand that payment has been sent together with their machine. Unfortunately, I fear that these US ### will continue to blindly go lemming like at me untill I pay them what they seem to think is due. And then they will just continue to bill me for the non existent equipment until the end of time. Others be warned here ! Go and get a card processing machine from STREAMLINE. Less hassle and cheaper too.

• Na
      1st of Sep, 2008

Please see my comments on other Forrester complaints page. I am getting fed up with having to send recorded delivery letters to them which means I have to close the shop for a minimum of an hour as the nearest post office is 30 mins away and I do not have any staff to cover. Even then I never get a reply to my letters only computer generated demands. According the last demand they say this agreement must remain current at all times. How can this be possible when it was cancelled in November 2007 and after 9 months they finally admitted that they had received the equipment? I presume the next thing will be a demand from their collection agency.

As they are not registered in this country trading standards say they cannot do anything. Surely as they are operating a centre in Middlesex they must come under our laws.

• Ge
      1st of Sep, 2008

I think I must agree with Annette Black and Martyn Edwards. Ignoring them might do some good, but if they appoint a debt collection agency, then there's the question of how to deal with them. Going to Court would be tough, but would hopefully work as the judge would be on our side. Basically, it looks like Forrester are a dubious of-shore company who work in a very unethical way. A little bit like a rottweiler dog or pit bull. Big mouths and brawn, but no reasoning. I don't feel as if I.ve been hard on these clowns as they deserve it. People should know what they are letting themselves in for when they sign up for one of their card terminals as they will have grief forever. Or so it seems. It would also be nice if Forrester would post reply to these posts.