Festiva Resorts / failure to return funds within contract

Festiva Resorts
1 Vance Gap Road
We agreed to purchase a time share from Festiva resorts. On our return to our hotel, we checked out Festiva resorts on the internet and found a huge list of complaints from other people. As a result, we exercised our rights to cancel the contract immediately and within the 5 day cooling off period. In fact, we sent the cancellation by certified mail within 15 hours. We informed the sale staff of this action as well. In spite of this, Festiva took the money from our bank 4 days later. We have telephoned Festiva and have left messages (no one actually answers their phone) and no one has returned our calls or our money. Despite asking them to return our $23, 760 within 24 hours we have still heard nothing. This leaves us with no alternative but to take legal action with the state attoney's office of North Carolina.<br />

A  21st of Apr, 2009 by
You need to contact the Attorney General about them. My husband and I were scammed from them also. We are going to make a complaint to the Attorney General in South Carolina. Please contact me if you are going this route. We purchased our time share about a year ago and trust me we were never able to get ahold of anybody other than when they saw we were fighting with their own bank to get our money back. So far we have not received anything back, but we know God will take care of it. tbruska@yahoo.com
N  11th of May, 2009 by
If you have any specific concerns or questions, please feel free to post them at http://festivaresorts.wordpress.com and your issues will be addressed.

You can also contact the Festiva Resorts Owner Services department at ownerservices@festivaresorts.com and you should receive an initial response within a few days or less.
N  14th of May, 2009 by
We do have very specific policies in place for sending refund checks that comply with the laws and guidelines in the states where we have active sales centers. When the rescission procedures are followed properly, we do refund all monies due according to your contract. If you still have not received a refund due to you, please contact our finance department at 888-576-7331 and they will be more than happy to research your situation.
N  11th of Jul, 2010 by
We have been trying to get somewhere with our problem with our time share for 3 weeks. My husband called on the fifth day and James Fender from South Carolina said we were out of our five days - we were on the fifth day. Then he said he'd talk to the corporate manager - this has just been a run around. First he was dishonest about our five days and then he said he'd talk to the corporate manager which led us to believe something could and would be done. We were so naive. Please do contact me and let me know what is going on. We have been lied to and led on. You can contact us at daveandlesa@iw.net and I will give you my phone number then. Thank you for any help. Lesa Cinco

Festiva Logo Festiva