Feldman Law Center / Loan Modification

1 27201 Puerta Real #200Mission Viejo, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 949-544-8723 / 800-527-8497

Feldman Law Center can't complete a loan modification for ANYONE in a timely fashion and in many cases not at all. They took in 500 clients who paid their retainer fees upfront before they hired the first real negotiator. That was in September 2008. Then they hired several unskilled people to help process the files and in turn trained them to be negotiators. The new unseasoned negotiators are paid less that a true negotiators or paralegals. They don't have the skills to negotiate with the lenders legal departments. The negotiators will loose your entire file several times over many months and ask you to repeatedly fax all your documents back to them. Now they are so back logged that they may not touch your file for several months, yet they are still taking in a record number of new clients. People believe the ads that they hear on KFI, Dr Laura, and other radio stations. Many clients have lost their homes to auction and Feldman didn't even know their client had an auction date. Due to the excessive amount of clients and being understaffed, they will stall and tell the angry clients it will now take 6-7 months to complete a loan modification. Even though they have put statements in the retainer agreement concerning the prevailing party will be awarded attorney fee's, they will tell the client they don't know anything about that. When the exhausted client is facing moving in the street with their children, Feldman will not return the retainer fee. Good luck fighting for that back. Feldman will take in new client's money knowing the lender will never approve the loan modification and keep the retainer fee for 6-7 months without a refund. They wait until the client is so angry and threatening before they are willing to do the right thing and return the retainer fee. They know they can't fulfill the service but they keep the fee as many months as possible. Many of the lenders will tell the negotiator within a week if the loan modification is going to be accepted. Many clients end up with a monthly payment higher that what they started with. Feldman tells them that is a loan modification and they must accept it. Since the negotiators have no knowledge of the industry or back bone, they are not fighting for the client to get the best settlement. This information is from an insider's prospective as an employee, not a client. Protect your families and your homes.

Comments

• Ge
      17th of Mar, 2009

Here’s the problem I have with a site like this. You get a guy with an agenda who may or may not have ever been a client that uses the board to slam a company that is doing things right. Then he repeats the same post again and again. I did my modification with Feldman Law Center and it went off without a hitch. Got a great deal too. I’ve been referring people to them for months and nobody has had a problem. They literally saved my buddy’s house from foreclosure.

• St
      19th of Mar, 2009

I got my loan modified at Feldman Law Center. I worked with Chris through the entire deal. I was updated on what was going on the whole time, and got a great deal. I’m saving $972 a month and got a fresh start on my mortgage. And I didn’t get foreclosed. What’s wrong with that?

• Et
      19th of Mar, 2009

Well, this has my attention. I paid the Feldman Law Center for assistance with loan modification and have not heard anything since January. I will be contacting my lenders immediatly to see what position I am really in.

• Mi
      2nd of Apr, 2009

Why do you have TWO complaints about the same thing??

Every law firm has complaints against them no matter the practice.
    I would love to knowhow many satisfied clients Felman Law Ctr has compared to the SEVEN complaints made by only FIVE people...

• Sh
      2nd of May, 2009

George:

Why don't you identify yourself? Im sure lots of us that have been screwed by Steven Feldmans so called Law Center would love to chat with you. If in fact you got a modification, I'd bet it was either the same or less than you would have gotten through HUD or Project Hope. Bt I'm also pretty sure that you are or were on staff with Feldman. I am currently tracking down through an investigator, former employees of Feldman Law Center. who can provide much more. Oh, and for the record, Steven Feldman operates under a number of names, so look out. He typically is there during any financial crisis offering to help (by stealing your money). And if you think your instincts are good at reading whether people are good or evil - DON'T. I thought I could see through evil, but this guy is the devil incarnate. He may even believe he is helping people. He's not. If anyone has been helped, it's sheer luck in numbers.

Assuming you are a loyal employee of the Feldman Law Center, be sure to tell Steven to wear make up to the officethe next couple of weeks, cause the Press Releases are going out, and they name names.

• Tr
      3rd of May, 2009

He definitely ripped me off, most of his staff is completely incompetent. How do we take action against his firm?

25th of May, 2009

I had the same experience. I was fortunate to negotiate my own modification - Feldman didn't do a thing. http://www.feldmanlawinfo.com

25th of May, 2009

Miranda in Santa Ana happens to be in the same city as Feldman Law center. She is probably an employee - or she was a few months ago. she may be an ex-employee by now.

George,

You could have done better on your own than with this guy. If you really are recommending your friends, and you're not a Feldman employee, you should STOP! My house was in the foreclosure process and slated for auction and Feldman was no where to be found. I negotiated a very good deal on my own - Feldman's office never did a thing. http://www.feldmanlawinfo.com

• Mi
      25th of May, 2009

On the BBB site under Loan Modifications, you can find info for other companies that are highly rated to do the same thing.
    One example is the Friendly Fair Firm in FL.
    Also a non-profit organization that may help is ACORN Housing Help - Housing Equity Loss Prevention. Although you'd have to wait a long time because they're very very busy.

Do your research before taking a life-changing step, and you could minimize the regrets later.
    (plus then you won't have to try to kill each other with words online like this... this is proof that you can not control other people's actions & thoughts, no matter how much you badmouth them)

• So
      14th of Jul, 2009

If the Feldman Law Center are scam artist then who is a good firm to retain?

• Dr
      13th of Aug, 2009

I'm pretty scared that my husband and I may be getting scammed by this law center. Got a posted sale date on my front door yesterday and now no one from Feldman will call me back. I just need to know am I losing my house? I need to make arangements. The sale date is 9-2-09. Who do I complain too if Feldman doesn't respond?

• Jt
      1st of Oct, 2009

This comment is just plain inacurate. Did you know that the Feldman Law Center helps tons of people a month to get a loan modification? Have you spoken with them? They have done a great job. Please do not post such nonsense in the future. Here's a real person with a real report:

"We have been in our home for 3 years and I think we were given the wrong mortgage. We got behind but your team made sure our lender listened and we are now in a mortgage that we can afford. Our entire family appreciates you and the staff at Feldman Law Center."

• Le
      22nd of Oct, 2011

SHAME on you Mr. Feldman AND your employees who continue to lie, oh, did I say LIE - and cheat all of your clients out of thier money. No human with any morals what so ever could sit and and do what you people do. SHAME SHAME SHAME...