Fathers Choice / Total scam

Phone: 800-565-3117

If you read this email then PLEASE DO NOT USE Fathers Choice services! They are very quick to take your money and very slow to assist you in the way they say they will. I needed to file to have my child support reduced and the case manager (Tom Hutchison) convinced me that adjusting the visitation would help me in my endeavors. So after an initial 98 dollar fee to start, 49 dollar membership fee, and an 800 dollar paperwork drafting fee I get this large packet of documents. I then have to have numerous papers notarized (more money) and file the documents with the courts (175 dollars). After the papers are filed I have to have my ex-wife served with the paperwork (38 dollars local sheriff). Now all is well I think. I get a letter from the court stating they denied the motion I filed quoting a legal reason. I email the documents to my case manager and then the agony begins! It has been 2 weeks and I can't get anyone to call me or tell me anything regarding my case. My case manager never responds or is on a personal day. His supervisor if there is one does not call. I have never spoken with anyone claiming to be a lawyer if they even have any. I only wish I would have taken the money I spent so far and hired a local attorney that I can see face to face. I highly suggest anyone in my situation do the same.

Va

Comments

• So
      10th of Dec, 2008

FATHERS CHOICE HAD RIPPED ME OFF

• Dy
      15th of Dec, 2008

Now they are closed down and out of business...but how do we get our money back? Should we go through
    our credit card company and file a fraud complaint?
    thx!

17th of Dec, 2008
    Fathers Choice - took money/no paper work received
    Fathers Choice
    93 Castlian Drive
    Goleta
    California
    Phone: 1-800-964-1664

I paid alot of money and after making all the corrections needed on the paper work that was mailed to me the corrected paper work was never mailed back to me as I was told by Renee Guillen. Also every phone number I have for Fathers Choice (I have 6 different numbers) doesn't work. I mailed a few letters to them at the address that was on the envelope with the papers I received only once. I do have my attorney and A PI looking into this but I need some answers NOW!!! If Fathers Choice sees this they have my brothers name and number.(Alex Endrzejewski @ 609-396-2275. I just need some one to al lweast e-mail me back @ [email protected]

• Ro
      27th of Dec, 2008

I am in the same boat, I used their services for my son and paid $750.00 and they was taking unauthorized money out of my account also. I cancelled the service after we couldn't view the video and we didn't recieve the correct documents. For about 7 months now I have been trying to get my money back also. Does anyone know what to do, and who do we actually report this company to. They have taken over 1, 000.00 from me.

26th of Jan, 2009

I did end up getting a refund from Father's Choice. What you have to do is file a formal complaint with the Santa Barbara, CA BBB. After that complaint goes through, contact the attorney general for California. It took about 3 weeks but I ended up getting a full refund of everything I paid to them. I wouldnt recommend them to anyone, and I hope they truly did go out of business. They were in the business to prey off of helpless parents just looking for a gleam of hope in difficult times. They shattered hope I had. Just be determined when it comes to getting a refund or having your complaint heard. Determination is what got the end result that I had. And dont take no for an answer!!!

31st of Jan, 2009

Read these news articles:

anyone know if a class action suit has been filed?

8th of Feb, 2009

I gave Fathers Choice $98, but after reading these reports decided not to sign the terms and conditions. I changed my card number and asked for a refund. That was 7 months ago and still no refund. Now every Fathers Choice number I try is disconnected. Father's Choice not only is a scam, but they are part of the problem with the Child Support system. It is business designed to rip off parents at a time when it's important to maintain financial security.

14th of Mar, 2009

I am very displeased w/ FC myself. I found them and thought they could help in my circumstances. My "case manager" Tom Hutchison, whom I talked to a couple of times convinced me of the same. Now several months and some $1100 later, I cannot contact them by any means (phone, email, etc) . The papers that were sent to me to fill out and that I sent back do seem to have been filed with the appropriate court(s), if they were filed at all. I have heard nothing from them. My ex-wife lives in a different state, making things a bit comlicated.
    The short of it- Father's Choice is a big scam! File complaints not only with BBB, but with the State's Attorney General (California). The BBB is one thing, the State AG is another entirely. If enough people file complaints with the AG of CA hopefully it will qualify for a class action suit. Maybe even if enough people get taken in from different states the FBI can get involved.

13th of Apr, 2009

I was blessed with the opportunity to have BEAU HOBBS as my case manager when I used Father's Choice in my custody battle two years ago. It makes my heart hurt to read all of these negative complaints about someone that these people have never met. It is so obvious that most of these parents lost their kids in the first place just in regards to how they speak in their complaint emails above. Parents that don't take responsibility for their own actions and want the world to provide everything for them and raise their children while they sit back on the hands of society and use companies like father's choice to save them when they are past the point of help is saddening to us all. WAKE UP PARENTS AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS. COMPANIES LIKE FATHER'S CHOICE CAN ONLY HELP THOSE WHO WANT TO BE HELPED. IF YOU ARE CALLING THEM AND GIVING FALSE INFORMATION AND LYING IN YOUR COURT DOCUMENTS, OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GAIN ANY CUSTODY GROUND IN THE EYES OF THE FAMILY COURT JUDGE. Not only did BEAU HOBBS help me gain custody of my two boys, Sam and Meika, but he called me several times during the process to simply pray with me and offer an ear to listen. I was so impressed with this because this is something that he surely did not receive any compensation for but felt in his own heart to do so. I have never met the man named BEAU HOBBS but i could only imagine that he is a blessing to anyone that crosses his path of life. I don't know how old he is but I hope he has many years left on this earth to help people like myself and others who just need a good person in their life for a small moment to guide them in the right direction with a word from our LORD and Savior. I have prayed for BEAU HOBBS for over a year now, just asking GOD to bless him as he blesses so many others and that GOD would continue to fill his cup that he contastly pours out and empty's into the lives of GOD's Children.

28th of May, 2009

Ok first of all Jason Hanson, not everyone just let their child go, like you so ignorantley say in your posting. Alot of the parents on here cannot help what happened with the custody of their children. I am one of those. I did not sit back and let my child go, my x husband STOLE him while I was at work and took off, and because we have joint custody, it wasnt considered kidnapping. That is why I contacted Fathers Choice to help with organizing, completing and filing the paper work in the courts to revisit the cusotdy issue.

Its funny to me that you defend a company that has went out of business, because they could not do what they said they could do for people, and were only in business to TAKE money from people. Are you sure that you arent Brian Azouz, or whatever his name is. The jerk that stole money from me?

Oh by the way, Beau Hobbs and Tom Hutchinson, were the same person...so what is "their" real name...