Fashion Bug / Late Payment Fees & harrassment for payment

1 Springfield, OR, United States Review updated:

I made a purchase with my local Fashion bug in Feb. & misplaced or lost my bill. I had forgotten about it until we got a collection notice in the mail the other day and they have been calling my house every day for payment of their bill wich has had a $20.00 late fee tacked on plus the interest. Now they say I owe them $55.00 when my purchase was originally for $35.00-You think with the economic situation they would stop with the excessive harrassment and fees for a bill that is only 2 months old??? I will close this account out and never go to their store again and will tell all my friends and family about the way they treat their customers. (Send you to collections for a measely $35.00)...How stupid is that - not worth the time and employee wages paid for what they do and the paper, ink, and postage too. I would say this is the reason why everyone has to pay such high interest rates and fees associated with this company.

Comments

• Zo
      18th of Mar, 2009

So, you didn't pay them for two months and you're pissed they want their money?

You self absorbed little ###.
    You're correct - this *is* the reason everyone pays higher prices.
    And it's the reason you shop there - no one else will give you credit.
    And rightly so.

• Un
      27th of Mar, 2009

You should have paid your bill, it's not their fault you lost it. But I work for Fashion Bug. It is a horrible place to work. They treat their employees like slaves. They ask them to drum up business for them off the clock. They can never be pleased. If you don't manipulate every customer into applying for one of their credit cards they threaten you. They don't care if you have bills to pay. If the don't get enough customers to sign up for their 23% interest credit card, they cut your hours down to nothing. They must make all their money on finance charges instead of selling clothes. If you are an associate, not a manager, you are ###. They can treat you however they want. If you are a manager, you get $1 per hour over minimum and you owe them the world. Stay away from Charming Shoppes (Fashion Bug, Lane Bryant).

• Ka
      10th of May, 2010

my complaint is that for the seond month in a row they said i was late paying my charge account. i actually wasnt i actually paid it 2 weeks early and i have my bank statement to prove it. i called the bank and they also agrreded with me that the checks cleared 2 weeks before they had stated. i reaaly think they are running a scam . if they are doing that to everyone at least once a year just think of all the money they are making. needless to say i paid off the 145.00 that i owed on the account and closed it.