Farm To Fork Week - Mirabella Cafe, Cherry Hill, NJ / Very disappointing three hour dinner

"Farm to Fork Week" at Mirabella Cafe, 210 Barclay Shopping Center - Rt 70
East, Cherry Hill, NJ.

A group of 12 friends decided to go to "Farm to Fork Week" at Mirabella Cafe. We made the reservations 2 weeks ago. What a disappointment! A few of us were really looking forward to the Stuffed Jersey Zucchini Blossoms. Well, at 7 PM on the first night of "Farm to Fork Week" at Mirabella Cafe, they had run out of the Zucchini Blossoms. Therefore, we ordered something else. I decided on Pan Seared U-10 Sea Scallops, or I should say Sea Scallop. There was only one scallop!

For the second course, two of our party ordered Goat Cheese Ravioli. After waiting for an hour, the other members of our party were finally served their salads or cold Tomato & Crab Bisque. We were told the ravioli would be coming soon. Apparently, they ran out of the ravioli, and decided to bring them a salad instead - this was after everyone else had already finished their second course. By the time they were finished their salads, two ravioli showed up which were split between them.

The third course finally arrived; everything was delicious. Even though some food was cold.

Fourth course was delivered before the dirty dished were removed from the table. I guess that was because by 10 PM we were the last people in the restaurant! Again, they had run out of something! Blueberries were missing Zabaglione.

This was a very disappointing three hour dinner!

Cm

Comments

• Cm
      25th of Jul, 2007

Joe contacted us the same day I e-mailed him and he was VERY cooperative. Apparently, he had three chiefs not show up that night and he offered us gift certificates to make up for the inconvenience we had that night. We are extremely pleased with his fast response.

27th of Jul, 2007

We ate at Mirabella. It should be renamed "Belly ache". The food was awful, and when we politely complained to the owner. He blew a gasket. The man was totally unprofessional, and disrespectful and stormed off like a little kid. This restaurant was not one I would put on "my to do list."

• Es
      15th of May, 2008

I too had an extremely unpleasant time at Mirabella Cafe. What was meant to be a really nice Mother's Day outing turned into a nightmare due to poor planning by the restaurant. They overbooked and set up long tables like a firehall to fit everyone. As a result it took forever to serve everyone their meal and the Doo Wop group who perform acapella decided they did not want to go on until everyone was finished eating so they would not have to deal with clinking glasses and silverware. HELLO - where is the customer service here. Apparently the owner, a very rude and unprofessional man, doesn't care about the customer only about his own agenda. Well, he won't have to worry about customer service because there won't be any.

• Di
      4th of Nov, 2009

ab

• Di
      4th of Nov, 2009

absolutely agree. Joe Palombo is a rude self centered egomaniac. I have witnessed him dress down his staff and line cooks with foul language. If he spent more time actually cooking, he may get a clue about what really goes on in his restaurant.

He is more worried about his catering and special events than his day to day business. Overbooking is common place and I have had a friend get the same treatment from him when they questioned the quality of the food and the extended wait time even with a reservation.

Stay away.