Faded Glory Jeans / Bad odor

1 Eastman rdNorth Conway, NH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 603-356-0130

I bought a pair of faded glory black jeans from walmart and I thought it was a new pants odor that would wash out, but the odor will not go away and has made the clothes that I washed with them smell the same way. The jeans have been washed several times and the smell will not go away. The smell is too offensive to wear, I can not stand the smell and now the jacket that was washed with them is ruined.
My daughter also bought a pair of faded glory black jeans at the same walmart and can not get rid if the smell, I am going to try to return them, but they have been washed several times to get rid of the smell, so they probably will not accept them.
Also, I wanted to call the company to talk to them about the problem, but there is no way to find the number, that does not speak well for the company. I looked on all the websites, and called the walmart to see if they had the number, there is no way to find the number. This is a poor way to do business. The highly promoted affordable pants turned out to be a rip off.

Comments

• Oc
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I'm having the same problem. Does anybody know what the smell is or how to get rid of it???

• Me
      7th of Feb, 2009

Me too! I just returned mine. Its the worst smell ever that washing CANNOT remove!

• Ra
      13th of Apr, 2009
    Faded Glory Jeans - ripping
    Oklahoma

bought a new pair of these jeans what a waiste of money after first time wearing they sarted ripping out in corner top of rear pocket wore them for the third time today and by 10am well after the embarrasing moment they are in the trash wish i could find a website for them

• Eg
      15th of Oct, 2009

Me too - I've tried everything - vinegar- febreeze etc and NOTHING overcomes the horrible smell. And, Faded Glory is unreachable.

• Me
      16th of Oct, 2009

I'm experiencing the same problem with boys Cheerokee black jeans from Target. I've tried washing them in ammonia and baking soda and again in oxyclean. Then I hung them outside overnight but no success. I guess I'll try taking them back to Target and see if they will let me exchange them for some blue ones. No one could wear these without being offensive. These are made in Cambodia so maybe they used something in the dye or acid wash to make them look less black that has a strong peculiar odor. Ü

• Kn
      10th of Jan, 2010

I am also having the same problem with the black jeans from Walmart. We bought a blue pair and a black pair. The blue didn't smell, but shrunk when washed. The black jeans have ruined a whole load of clothes I washed them with. I don't have the tags that were on the jeans to return them. I do have the receipt. Do you think they will take them back without the tags. I don't think being washed will be a problem since they are defective and bought recently. But what can I do about the rest of clothes? Has someone talked to a Walmart manager about the problem? This is jeans just bought December 2009, long after some of these complaints.

24th of Mar, 2010

I had the same problem with a batch of clothes I bought at Wal-Mart. 3 Faded Glory t-shirts, 1 Fruit of the Loom bra, and various other items. All different brands, all reek of the same odor which will not go away after washing. Washing with VERY hot water seemed to help a bit but still not wearable. Since ALL the clothes smell the same, I suspect this is a fumigating agent. I've smelled this odor on furniture before and heard that everything coming from China, Philippines, Cambodia, etc ... is sprayed with anti-fungals and pesticides to prevent moisture and pest damage on the ships. I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing these clothes against my skin without knowing how toxic this odorous product is besides, it makes me nauseous to smell it ! After trying the clothes on, I had to take a shower because the odor was all over me and making me sick ! So now all the tags are off, clothes have been washed several times and my bargain clothes are useless. Rip off ! I'll be calling the Manager of the local store ...

• Su
      8th of Apr, 2010

I have also had the same problem. These Jean's Smell like fishy water, and there is no way to get rid of the odor. WTF?

• Mi
      27th of May, 2010

all products by faded glory that are black have this problem i got a pair of pants and a pair of shoes that have this going on

• Di
      20th of Nov, 2010

I just purchased two pairs of the Faded Glory blue jeans, two pairs of the black, and have the same problem. unfortunately, i washed all four pairs together, and now the smell is in the blue jeans as well as the black. What ever chemical they used reeks, and it permeates any clothes you wash with them. To me the chemical smell most closely resembles the smell you get from burnt gunpowder, such as the smell you get after setting off fireworks. Nothing I have tried so far can remove the smell, and just setting the affected jeans next to other clothes is enough to get that smell in them as well.

• Lf
      10th of Dec, 2010

returning my jeans today! they made me sick! I can see that is has been a problem for some time and is still problematic! Too bad there aren't laws against this like there are on food. I think these jeans are hazordous to our health!

• Ab
      16th of Dec, 2010

Just scornfully swat that malevolent green fly whose * husband * on Quatloos forums, bmielke(the lawnmower ruler), cathulhu(in rattlesnakes boots) are comfortably scoffing at us.

Aliases obviously ignored by the Quatloos gens.

• Te
      19th of Apr, 2011

That's what they want you to do, return things. Browse the store again; buy other things. Why else would they add toxic odors to fabric?

3rd of Jul, 2011

I bought a pair of these jeans three weeks ago at Wal Mart and 6 washings later, they still stink to the point others have noticed. I talked to a person at the returns desk and she told Me she had the same problem with a pair. She also told me I could return them even without the tags, and get a refund put on a store card.

• Pj
      13th of Jan, 2013

Jan 12, 2013: My husband bought 3 pairs from Walmart online to give to me as Christmas present. When I opened the plastic pkg. the smell just exploded out, smelling like moldy, sweaty-mixed, hemp-like stink. I didn't tell him because I didn't want to embarrass him. I washed each pair individually over three times with liquid tide and best result is a lingering, non-overwhelming odor, but a persistent smell nonetheless. I will try to return to Walmart for some kind of exchange...

• Ba
      8th of Mar, 2013

Yup. Bought a pair of bluejeans about 2 weeks ago. They stink. I didn't notice it when I bought them. Brought them home and washed them. I put them on this morning and sitting here at my desk I noticed that smell again. Time to go back to wal-mart. Their motto should be changed to "Live better, smell worse".

• Ts
      3rd of Apr, 2013

Having worked in apparel stores before, I know that formeldahide (sp?) is often used as a preservative. That's the same stuff used in embalming and what they preserved the frogs you probably dissected in h.s. bio in. I always air out new stuff. I had reverse problem. Bought a apir with no preservatives and the first time I washed them they ripped in ten different spots

• Ts
      3rd of Apr, 2013

Disagree with unable to get number for them. if you go to walmart corporate site, there is a link to email and a toll free phone number on the site. 800 walmart. Can also get this by calling 800 directory.

• Bo