ExxonMobil / overcharge

1 1901 Aloma AveWinter Park, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 407-671-3852

On 8/19/09 I stopped at this station to fill my tank (35 gallons). I was at Pump # 1 which would not clear so that I could use my debit card. I went inside to get the clerk to clear the pump so that I could use it. The pump still would not clear and I returned inside to get the problem fixed. I was towing a trailer and the other pumps were full so I could not move to another pump.. The clerk took my debit card and asked me how much fuel I would be pumping. I replied that it normally takes about $75 to fill my tank at todays prices. He debited my card for $75. I pumped $64 worth of gas and went inside to get change and a receipt. He cancels the $75 charge on my debit card and then charges me $64 on the same card, hands me both the cancellation receipt and the proper charge receipt and I head back home to Ft. Myers. Looking at my bank statement today, I see that I have been charged for both the receipts. Please take the $75 charge off of my credit card.

Comments

• Dl
      22nd of Aug, 2009

When the 75 was credited, you will not see the credit immediatly. This can take up to 10 business days with a debit card. Do not use a debit card if you do not want your funds tied up.

• Dl
      22nd of Aug, 2009

And you said 75 and only pumped 64 so take a little of the blame here.

• Le
      3rd of Sep, 2009

There is no blame for you to take. They just need to credit your card.

1st of Apr, 2012
    Exxon Mobil gas station - Overcharged debit card
    Mobil
    Rte 12
    Lake Delton
    Wisconsin

I filled up at the station and charged it to my debit card. I filled up $72 worth of gasoline. I came home and checked my balance online and found I was charged $126! I never shop at Mobil and now I don't think I wil again. I need to be reimbursed immediately!
    Anne Renck