Evercom Correctional Billing Services / Awful company

I can't get through to anyone at the service e-mail or phone. I am being billed for inmate calls through my phone company and then receiving bills from evercom for the exact same calls. I have called the phone company many times, they say you pay your phone bill and we pay evercom. So I asked if in the last 6 months have I ever NOT paid my phone bill IN FULL. And they said no, you are an outstanding customer.

So the phone company finally got in touch with evercom the phone company called me back and even they said that evercom were idiots. They gave me the number to the PUC (Public Utility Commission) and the FCC and said all I can do is file a complaint and they will have to go though all their records and will Audit evercom. Every local community has it's own number for the PUC, and The FCC number is in the phone book. I would suggest anyone who has recently had problems with this company to call and lodge a complaint.

Va

Comments

• Cs
      1st of Mar, 2009

correctional billing is nothing but a rip off!! they have ripped me off so much money it is just unreal!! i have put ever bit $3 grand altogether in my account over a 6 month period to talk to my husband, and they are still ripping me off and when i try to talk to them about stuff coincidentally the phone hangs up.. and i have plainly told them with their attitudes and the way they all go about there business i dont see how they can blame people for getting so irritated with them.. i have put money in my account, not even hear from my husband yet and money dissapears out of the blue, all they give me is a run around and i literally got no where nor did i get my money back.. i was pissed off!!!

• Su
      6th of May, 2009
    Evercom Correctional Billing Services - scam
    evercom
    Bloomington
    Indiana
    Phone: 812-339-2656

I have paid hundreds of dollars to be able to talk with my son who is incarcerated. I was told I had a credit line of $56.00 then the calls got cut off, so I started prepaying. My phone now has a block, which I am told by att&t that they do not know that much about this company but I beliv e they bill att& t in addition to collectiong large amounts of money, double billing, I call this theft and a scam. It needs to stop. i pay my phone bill.

• Da
      24th of Aug, 2009

I have wasted so much time with these people its not funny! They claim a 24 hour service line like hell other them a computer talking, that says nothing but pay money, I think the only other thing there is dumb ### monkey. There is no sign of any intelligence at any level. I have been on the phone for the past hour and a half, pressing # 4 to be told to call back as all lines are busy. For the outragous rates they charge there should be more then one monkey to answer the phone. But I wouldn't know this is my third time playing this game, I paid $200.00 on my account and it is still blocked, with a balance of $179.77, yet they say I have credit limit of over $400.00, So you tell me this outfit doesn't have a license to steal. And yes I am going to get in touch with the Public Utility Commission and The FFC to find out who is suppose to be in charge of regulating this bunch of crooks.

• La
      28th of May, 2010
    Evercom Correctional Billing Services - 1 minute phone call for $9.99
    Evercom Correctional Billing Services

My son called me twice tonight at $9.99 a call and they let us stay connected for 1 minute each time. on the phone they say ten minutes but both times after I accepted the $9.99 charge the phone calls were disconnected after one minute. I would like to start a business like that, with no way to hold anyone responsible. He has been in county jail for 2 weeks and other than 30 minutes on Sunday tonight was the only contact we've had, and it cost me 20 dollars. If they are only going to connect you for 1 minute at a time they should say that.

• In
      10th of Jun, 2010
    Evercom Correctional Billing Services - Poor customer service
    Evercom Correctional Billing Services

Someone needs to help put this company out of business. This is a terrible company I hate I ever spent a dime with them. I had several disconnected phone calls. They policy said fax the info in to get your refund then they lie and say they listen to all of your calls and deny your refund giving you a dumb reason. The call center is in Mexico City you cant get anyone on the line to help at all. I plan on taking this as far as I can to get my money back. Please tell everyone you know about this fraud

• Ty
      15th of Jun, 2010
    Evercom Correctional Billing Services - Rip off
    Evercom Correctional Billing Services

The company I am writing in regards to is correctional billing services. It is a prepay company to receive collect calls from inmates incarcerated. They charge $6.95 to process a payment and the payment has to be at least 25.00 when doing so. I made a payment for the above amount. Once the phone service was activated to receive phone calls from my loved one the calls were dropped back to back and I was charged the initial reconnecting fee of $1.75. and 10 cents there after.. 12phone calls were placed back to back on June 2nd starting at 9:28 am then 9:46 am, you are allowed up to 20 minutes on each call b4 being disconnected.. my loved one tried back again at 1:30 pm then waited until 8:17 pm, 8:27 pm, 8:28 pm, 9:02 pm, 9:04 pm, 9:06 pm, 9:42 pm, and the last at 10:02 pm 9 out of the 12 calls were disconnected.. I called the company and was told they could only issue 2 credits that I would have to file paperwork and allow up to 30 days for the refund if they felt any was owed. Unfortunately if I want to communicate with my love one this is the only option for phone services and while researching the internet I found over hundreds of complaints of the same issue and no help avail. This practice is unjust and a scam to us consumers. I spoke to 4 different representatives at this company Alex, Pilar, then Hector a supervisor, then last Elias team supervisor.. the end result was I could receive $5.00 in a courtesy credit while the rest would take up to 30 days to credit my account which makes no sense to me whatsoever in todays technological world. Elias did try to assist me to the fullest but this company s a scam and ripping off consumers and leaving us with no options but to continue to pay their monopoly while they exploit us.

Your Desired Resolution:

I would like a full refund credited back to my account and for this issue to be fixed immediately I am only one out of thousands being ripped off and brutalized by this company. It is unacceptable and can not and will not be tolerated.

This case will be reviewed by a complaint specialist at the Better Business Bureau, and then forwarded to the business for their response. It is our policy to allow the business 30 working days to respond to your complaint. You will be notified when the business has responded.

• Co
      10th of Oct, 2010
    Evercom Correctional Billing Services - Unauthorized charges
    Evercom Correctional Billing Services

I accepted a collect call from an inmate, I was charged $26.60 for 15 minutes. I have tried to contact someone with this company about the ridiculous chagres. The only number provided by my telephone company is 1-800-844-6591, and the only options are sign up for their services, already have their services, or to block call from all correctional facilities. I can't talk with anyone about the charges. I am really pissed, I mean I am pissed, pissed to the max. What more can I say...I am thoroughly pissed. I am so mad right now I could scream. It is really hard for me to communicate my frustation with these unjustified charges.

• Do
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Evercom Correctional Billing Services - Poor customer service
    Evercom Correctional Billing Services

I don't like having to use CBS/Evercom to talk to my family member, who is in pre-trial detention in the US Federal justice system; however, I want to say that even though the communications system out of the criminal justice facilities STINKS like a festering toilet and is a HUGE rip off that needs to be abolished, the customer service reps I've encountered (and they are many) have been nothing but helpful, knowledgeable, and even when I was becoming irate, they remained kind and courteous. I think they deserve a shout-out, and if you have issues with CBS/Evercom, know that the problem is either their rules, or those of their puppet-master, FiSere, that processes their payments.

• Ni
      3rd of Jun, 2016

I have several problems. first the phone will have up for no reason. it will say there was an attempt to make 3 way calling when there was not. second it will say there was a system error and hang up it the middle of the conversation. they don't care when you call them to tell them your problems. i have been a customer with them for 8 months now and i have spent over 5000 dollars and they just don't care about there customers. also they have been over charging my calls!! please start caring about your customers because if there will be another way i will bring my money to them and i will tell everyone i know!!!