Equinox / Stated that it was free only shipping

1 Sparks, NV, United States Review updated:

I ordered the Equinox by computer because it was supposed to be free, shipping only, I paid $4.95 for shipping. I just received my credit card bill, the charge is $99.00, nothing about the shipping charge. They did not put an invoice in the shipping box, so I just learned about the charge, also, they shipped 2 more bottles, charging $105.95, again, not including an invoice. I would have sent it back immediately, if I had known that it cost this much. I'm sending the second batch back Monday.

Pa
Mar 15, 2013

Comments

• Ly
      22nd of May, 2013

I also had unauthorized charges to my account for $99 and $89 after ordering the FREE samples of Equinox lotion. There was nothing in the webpage ad that stated the policy about automatic charges (I went back and checked). I would NOT have ordered if that was the case. I had to cancel my credit card in order to stop the automatic charges. This is definitely a scam.

• Bo
      27th of Feb, 2014

The same happened to me but I contacted the phone number from my credit card that was used and the people at that phone number told me that I could not get a refund because it was just over the 14 days trial period. The package came with no invoice, nothing on my e-mail and nothing about being charged that amount of money on the online ordering site. The equinox people finally agreed to put in for a $100.00 refund on my credit card and it will take about one week. I have authorized a dispute with my credit card company.and refuse to pay the bill for this. Wow, really equinox people need to do their selling correctly and not illegally like this.

• Sj
      6th of Mar, 2014

Same happened to me! I cannot believe that the company can get away with selling their product in this manner. There was no information with the delivery and I too was misled by the free offer. There was no fine print when I ordered. Customer service has been very rude. I am telling as many people as I can and am also contacting the Better Business Bureau and my state Attorney General.

• Bh
      26th of Mar, 2014

Similar things happened to me. I ordered the supposedly free sample of LVR for $4.95 and then asked if I wanted to try the Equiinox for $3.95. I responded no, but since they had my credit card, they took the liberty of helping themselves. Then I was charged 15 cents and then 12 cents.then $99.00 and then $93. On top of that transaction fees of $2.97 and $2.79.

At first, I thought oh well, I can stand to lose the $3.95 and the 27cents. Imagine my surprise when I was charged the rest of the charges. I received no further product at al, no explanations. Lucky for me I lost my ATM card and was issued a new number. The bank informed me the company had tried several other times to charge my account approximately $400 using my old card. I like the other person thought I read everything to do with the free sample, evidently not. I have talked to a rep from Sheridan Labs in Sparks, NV and as of right now they refuse to return any of my charges. My question is since when can I be charged for something i didn't receive. Surely those two little packages were not worth over $225. I never received anything to support these charges. My Bank of America is working with me to resolve this problem but by other readers comments, I am not so sure of any success I will have.

B. Howd

4th of Jul, 2014

I have had the exact same experience as described by those above. Several calls to Equinox did not help to get a $99 and $93 refund. They did send me $60, but I'm
    still going after the remaining monies charged to my credit card. SDH