Empire Automotive Group / Avoid them

Empire Auto in Manchester NH misrepresented price and mileage in ad. I stupidly still bought the BMW Z3...it couldn't pass inspection...had to spend another $1, 000.oo in repairs...

The owner of Empire was a slick little greaseball...he would not assist or make things right...he physically threatened me when I demanded my money back...he said his attorneys were smarter than the idiots at the NH Attorney Generals Office...he is a true ###...he should be put out of business...there have been many new BBB complaints of which he never responds to any and carries a negative standing...

Va

Comments

• Bi
      3rd of Sep, 2008

Great scammers! Look at the prices on their website, then go to the lot. The prices are marked up on the lot! I've seen up to $4000 markup from the web price! Then they say something to the effect that their internet people screwed up and the price on the lot is supposed to be the correct price. Tell them what you saw it online for and they'll say "well, I guess we have to honor the internet price" -that's their scam!!!
    Then you think you are getting a deal when really they've marked the car up enough to make PLENTY of money from the internet price. You don't talk them down because you think that you are getting invoice on it. It's BS. I hope nobody ever pays the lot price it's astronomical! Do research!!!
    I bought a car there and was bringing it back to get detailed (which they never did) and chuckled when I overheard the owner claim to someone on the phone that they make about $700 on a car. They marked my POS trade-in up $5500. The thing should have been wholesaled!
    Take my advice don't buy there. If you absolutely have to, take the car to your mechanic before even putting a deposit on it. That's what I did and despite the worst service I have ever recieved from any business, the vehicle I bought checked out and runs great.

• Er
      8th of Sep, 2008

If Empire is such a bad place to buy from .Then where can you buy a good carwhen you have bad credit . I thought Empire was going to be my best chance . I guess now I don't know what to do. Thanks for the heads up !!!

• Ri
      12th of Sep, 2008

I purchased a vehicle from Empire Auto and had a wonderfull experience, the salesman Rick Miller, put up with all my challenges for over 2 weeks, and worked vigorously to help me get into a car, my credit was less than perfect and i only had 700.00 to put down.. I did have questions on the web-site prices versus the window sticker price, However Rick explained that all the vehicles on-line were advertised at a reduced sale price and that is the only price you pay! After reading these negative remarks I have a hard time believeing them 100% because both plaintifs actually STILL PURCHASED the car!!! In my opinion Empires PRICING is the lowest around PERIOD!! and thats the only PROOF i needed to justify there profit margin.. I would 110% recommend Rick Miller personally ( a guy who will work for YOU ) and Empire Auto ( for an unbeatable price)!!!

• Ho
      1st of Nov, 2008
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

SCAMMERS! LOOK OUT FOR THESE CROOKS!

They will lie to your face trying to get at your money.

This guy was a greaseball...this is the type of place that gives used car dealerships a bad name.

AVOID THEM AT ALL COST

Luckily I walked away after he told me the REAL Price was $2000!!! more!!!

idiots

• Sh
      25th of Jan, 2009

EMPIRE AUTO in Manchester are real dirt bags!!! I saw a 2002 Ford Mustang Convertible on AutoTrader.com and when I called to verify the mileage they said it was entered in wrong. It was actually 78K not 39K. I verified with the salesman how much the car cost and he said it was $5995.

So we went to the lot and saw the car. A different salesman came over to me and when I pulled out the copy of the ad from Autotrader he quickly started arguing with one of his fellow salesman. The other salesman pointed on the paper, and said "it's right there in the disclaimer!" When the salesman turned to me I asked him what he was talking about. He said, "the internet price is actually $3000 less than what the car cost." The cost of the car was $8995. And he said "Are you kidding me, a car like this for $5995!!!" When I questioned what he was talking about, he showed me the disclaimer which read on page 2:

"Sales Tax, Title, License Fee, Registration Fee, Dealer Documentary Fee, Finance Charges, Emission Testing Fees and Compliance Fees, three thousand cash/trade are additional to the advertised price."

Not to mention that the bold price on the front of the ad stated it was $5995!!! Isn't this what people search on and look at first??? How dare they purposely hide costs in a disclaimer that most people don't look at until you have to sign on the dotted line. Not to mention that they wrote out "three thousand" so it would hide better in the text.

The salesmen was rude to me from the minute I started talking to him. He immediately started defending the disclaimer even before I knew anything about it. I told him that they were being dishonest and it was a crappy thing to do. We were off that lot in less than 5 minutes!

DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM EMPIRE AUTO!!!
    YOU WILL BE SCAMMED!!!

7th of Feb, 2009

Bunch of filthy slimeballs living up to the used car salesman image. If you want more proof just look at the pictures of the staff. Ten bucks says Gary would steal your wallet and rape your dog.

8th of Feb, 2009

No reasonable offer will be refused! Empire will not be undersold even if we must take a loss, top trade allowances, 100% guaranteed financing. Owe too much on your trade, saving for a down payment, or recently declined on a vehicle loan? No problem!
    Ranked #1volume dealer in the USA. Let us make this your best buying experience ever. Thanks to all past, present and future customers for our overwhelming growth in “2008” and for allowing us to become this nation’s premier pre owned auto group.

8th of Feb, 2009

100% guaranteed financing approval for all credit types regardless of your credit history. Owe too much on your trade, saving for a down payment, or recently declined on a vehicle loan? No problem! Often proving helpful in all three situations. Number one volume dealer in the USA for only one simple reason, we commit to making our customers needs our top priority. Let us make this your best buying experience ever. Thanks to all past, present and future customers for our overwhelming growth in “2008” and for allowing us to become this nation’s premier pre owned auto group.

8th of Feb, 2009

200 UNITS DELIVERED IN JAN 2009, ANOTHER RECORD FOR NEW-ENGLAND...

WHO CAN COMPETE WITH EMPIRE? BOTTOM LINE SAVINGS IS WHAT THE CUSTOMER DESIRES, SEARCH, SEARCH, SEARCH, AND YOU WILL SURELY SEE THE TRUTH...

#1 IN THE ENTIRE USA? DOCUMENTED? ON VOLUME? ISNT THAT PROOF ENOUGH THAT EMPIRE IS THE PREMIER CHOICE IN REPLACING OR UPGRADING ANY VEHICLE?

• Em
      10th of Feb, 2009

The owner of this place, Randy Miller is a ###!! From what I hear he's being investigated by the IRS...they even try to rip off their employees. This guy is only in it for himself. The only reason they sell so many cars is becuase they are the only ones that will approve people with the worst credit, but it's not worth it, with the interest rates and every other hassel they put you through you end up paying 3 times the amount of the car!!!

• Km
      16th of Feb, 2009

As I am waiting here on hold with this company I found this web page, an I am reading all these comments. There is really no positive ones from actual people, I have been on hold now 25 mins and no has picked up the phone in regards to a question I had about one of their cars, which the pricing seemed to good to be true. 04, Jeep Grand Cherokee, 100, 000 miles for only $6, 000 at auto hunter online.

I have also experienced some of the same "stuff" with this company as far as them saying that "the internet price was a mistake that’s why it was so low, but...we will have to (HONOR) it"! So you think you are getting a good deal and don’t try to talk them down any further, but you really not! Ha-ha. I have also talked to one of the sales people over at empire and he told me that they do not do a complete check on the car when they buy them at the auction obviously, but they do check it completely when you go to buy it and if there is any problems with the car then You BOTH split the cost of what it needs! If that’s the way you want to go, I guess that’s anther one of the reasons why there prices are so low! Where as some places completely service a car before you buy it and make sure it is sound, then others do nothing outside the obvious to fix it just to sell it! Its this a good thing or a bad thing, I don’t know. The fact that they told me this was good, but I really had to question the salesmen about it and get the answer out of him about servicing the car and any probs. with it before he told me this!

LOL its kinda funny, I think that they do it to everyone, not just myself, but you don’t think so UNTILL you see a page like this! I had never though about the whole "lemon law" thing and the fact that they do not have one in NH. So I am going to Google the lemon law in Mass and see what it actually covers and prob, try to buy a car in mass. If not deff get a car with a 30 unlimited warranty that covers the major mechanical parts of the engine! Or just take the vehicle to a Good mechanic to overlook it before I buy it!

Anyway not sure if this has helped anyone out if their decision in buying a car here or not but, it is all completely honest info that I would want to know myself. I did not try to be bias in anyway because something "bad" happened to me I just wanted to state my part. I have not bought a car from Empire but I was considering to multiple times on multiple occasions, I do not think I am going to though because of my personal experiences and also the ones listed here as well. Sry

• Em
      28th of Feb, 2009

I had a horrible experience with this company as well. I think it is hilarious that they are so pathetic they would seriously post that they are the #1 Wholesaler in the United States, there is only ONE store, there is no way they are the #1 anything or they'd have stores all across the US. Obviously they need a spell check. I would put money on it that it's the owner Mr.Miller sitting at his desk writing on this board. My wife laughed when we caught a glimpse of him and is convinced he has "little man syndrome". These people attempted to sell me a car that had a horrible Carfax, but they were selling it for 3k more than the price listed. I read the disclaimer and understood, had no problem. The car needed a few things done to it and I was ready to pay them 17k CASH for the thing. They couldn't even get out of their own way and deliver the car. I got my money back and will never recommend them. I was buying the car for my 16 year old son as his birthday present. They have a bad reputation for a reason, THEY ARE LOW LIFE LOSERS..

STAY AWAY FROM "EMPIRE"

• Ar
      8th of Mar, 2009

Well, thank a lot for this great advised! now I am so afraid and I will not buy here.
    Thank you!

11th of Mar, 2009

Do your research everyone! Even with the 3, 000 cash or trade added to the price, they're still thousands below retail. Just deal with the bull*&% and get your great deal! I bought my Acura 3, 600 below retail value! I was suggest empire to anyone looking for a great price.

11th of Mar, 2009

They are the biggest SCAMS GOING!!! DON"T BE FOOLISH STAY AWAY!!!

THEY OWNER TOOK A SWING AT MY FRIEND.. WHO DOES THAT?

SAD SAD CAR LOT!!

• Pi
      14th of Mar, 2009

The worst dealership I have ever set foot in!! Dirty sleazy and sketchy from just driving in. It looked like a free for all. The vehical my friend and I had seen on the internet was in great condition, clean and with a radio... after a 3 hour drive we arrive to take a look at the jeep and it looked like the radio had been ripped out of the vehicle... after going inside we askd the sales guy what might have happened to the radio, it was in the pictures... he said the dont guarentee radios and " stuff" ;ike that in their vehicles... after him basically saying oh well sorry we lied to you to get you to drive three hours down there we left... THIS IS BE FAR THE BEST EXAMPLE OF SLIME BALL SALESMAN DONT EVER BUY A VEHICLE FROM THEM, DONT EVEN BOTHER TO WASTE YOUR TIME TO DRIVE THERE BECAUSE IT WILL BE A HUGE WASTE!!!

• Ke
      30th of Mar, 2009

My wife and I were sucked in by the promise of a great deal and yes we were lied to, insulted and left in a hurry. Fortunately for us, we stopped into the Mazda Dealership down the street and found a great used car at a very good price. They treated us exceptionally well, showed us a Carfax, explained what had been fixed on the car by them, bought us breakfast and treated us like royalty even though we wer only buying a car for 8, 000. You should definately go to Empire so that you can appreciate just how good some dealers can be in comparison.

• Tu
      5th of Apr, 2009

I was about to go there for TWO (one for my wife and one for my in-law) cars worth of $20K because of their price. But after you pointed out about the disclaimers and all these negative experiences, I guess I won't waste my time driving there.

• So
      19th of Apr, 2009

Thanks to all for the input! I have a daughter attending St. A's, so we are in that area frequently. I did have an interest in a couple of their Ford trucks. After reading comment after comment, I will take my business elsewhere! Thank You, All!

• Gs
      21st of Apr, 2009

This place is no good. I was excited about their prices on autotrader.com and sent them a couple emails about their cars. They told me that they don't discuss their price over email and told me I should come in to drive the car first. I came down to test drive the cars that I was interested in. Both of them were on the lot for 3000 more than the internet and because I didnt print out a copy of their listing online I must have been "mistaken". Not only that, the mileage on their listing was wrong. And the worst part for me was that I drove down from Maine. This place SUCKS and I hope more and more people read this before they go to this ### hole. I wouldn't recommend this place to an enemy.