Edward Jones / breach of binding agreement

1 2935 walton blvdRochester Hills, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-375-5990

David C. Bray from Edward Jones became my financial advisor in June of 2007. He promised me he would watch my funds and suggested against placing them in a no loss investment. In Jan 2008 I asked him to move my funds to a no loss investment and he promised he'd do it that day. By this time, six months, he already loss over $6, 000 of my initial funds.
My gut was saying to move into a no loss investment along with others telling me the same thing. When I got my next statement it showed a loss of over $7000 and I saw that he moved my funds the day after he said he would. I called his office but he was not in so I explained the entire story to his assistant.
He has never made a call to me about giving my loss back...just to come talk to him. I suffer from severe anxiety and have been unable to deal with a man that hasn't owned up to his wrongs to me.
I know the stock market is bad and there are many losses, but it is a legal binding on his part that he was to move my funds when he said he would. It was also wrong of him to advise me not to place my funds in a no loss investment. Ripping off the public is out of control these days.

Comments

• Ir
      29th of Mar, 2009

Edward Jones systematically targets elderly AND has scripted excuses why some products are given special "shelf space" while losing more money than the competition.

Plus their LDS tactics of knocking on doors. They're looking for people too frail to hear their phones ring. Like the elderly.

Also, they ignore requests for children to be present when discussing parent's finances, even after many instructions.

And they refer the elderly to bottom-feeding real estate speculators.

Don't get me started on these thugs.

• Mo
      1st of Apr, 2009

I have invested with David Bray and found him to be an honest, trustworthy advisor.
    It is clearly evident that Edward Jones has not been involved in much of the negligent tomfoolery that has put the AIGs and Merrill Lynch's of the world on the front pages of our newspapers.
    There is no such animal as a "no-loss" investment. You have probably lost more money on your home in the past year that you did with Mr. Bray... Are you about to bail out or that asset too???
    Wake up and smell the coffee!
    Go Talk with Mr. Bray so he can coach you through this bank-caused recession instead of blaming him!