EDP Reporting.com / They took 159.95 out of my account

They wont give a refund and i was not wanting a debit card i was looking for a credit card. After approved for capital one i contacted edp and told them i was no longer interested in a card. They wont help me i have yet to see a card and it's been since april 19 so whats there excuse? Why have they not contacted me to let me know what type of debit card i even suppose to get. I would hope no else trusts this site and please don't give your info out unless your sure of what your getting.

Ev

Comments

• Pa
      6th of Jun, 2007

Today, they took $159.95 from my checking account, I have no information from them. Anyone who know very well how do I get money back, please try to help me. Thanks, My checking account now is no fund. Thank to all.

20th of Jun, 2007

This company is a scam. 159.95 was taken from my account via "preauthorize check" I have made numerous attempts to contact EDP Reporting to verify the charges and find out more information. I am constantly told my emails can't be sent and the phone number places you on hold and tells me to contact them via the website then hangs up on me.

• Co
      20th of Jun, 2007

EDP Reporting is a customer service company for the debit cards that are purchased online. It states on the order sites that there is a one time fee. Some cards are 49.95 and some are 159.95.

If you complete an order for a card you have (3) business days to cancel the card or you will not be able to get a refund. If someone else placed the order with your info then you can claim fraud and a form will be sent. You have to go to the police and file the fraud because it is a case of identity theft which is a crime and the police can use the IP address that was recorded when the order was placed to track down the criminal.

A lesson to the people who were charged 159.95. Do not put your bank account and routing number into anything on the web that you do not read completely.

You can see all of the order sites for the cards by going to:

28th of Jun, 2007

Fraudulent transaction took place epd card electronically stole 159.95 from my checking account without any knowledge or authorization I will be pressing charges in a.m.

• Mi
      3rd of Jul, 2007

When i try to register i am declined.

• Sh
      9th of Jul, 2007

Agree!

• Ta
      11th of Jul, 2007

I don't know where this company came from, or how it got my information, but it also took money from my account. $49.95 which I did not authorize. Needless to say, I am pissed even if it was only $49.95, it was still my money.

13th of Jul, 2007

I didn't give permission to tkae money out of my account. I told the bank not to let you take anything.

231-943-3448

• Li
      18th of Jul, 2007

What is this charge in regards to? please respond to me that it has affected my bank account! Lisa Taylor 905 west miner street #76 yreka, CA. 96097-2736 contact me at #530) 842-3505 immediately as i am being charged for this and what are these benefits suppose to represent?

Sincerely
    Ms. lisa taylor

• Cl
      26th of Jul, 2007

I too was scammed by this so-called reporting company.I would never pay 159.95 for a card you have to load money onto. thats ridiculous!!! I have reported this edp reporting to the better business bureau. Hopefully this company will be investigated and SHUT DOWN. In the meantime i hope no one else falls victim to these phony thieving individuals.

21st of Feb, 2008

Money was took out of my checking account. I did not want a master card. My account was debited for something I did not authorize. PLease submit a refund back to my account for 49.95.

Maria JOsey
    ssn:198-54-5595
    ACCOUNT:372833954

24th of Feb, 2008

THIS IS MY THIRD ATTEMPT TO CONTACT YOU. I am not interested in a pre-paid card from your company.I did not authorize my checking account to be debite for the amount of 49.95.MY checking account #372833954 ; my routing #for my bank is 036001808.PLease credit my checking account back in the amount of 49.95. I DO NOT WANT A PRE-PAID CARD FROM THIS COMPANY.I ALSO DID NOT SIGN ANYTHING TO ACCEPT A CARD FOR THIS COMPANY.

MARIA JOSEY

• Te
      15th of Aug, 2008

49$ as been deducted from my checking account without any knowledge .now my checking account is in the red . i did not sign up for this.cancel now my bank is aware of this mishap again. how do you do this i was applying for a loan and you getb all my info and start taking from poor people what is this indenitey thief. you got to b crazy. iam calling bank fraud. CANCEL CANCEL NOW.

• Ro
      18th of Oct, 2008

Looks like we were taken while trying to get a loan. It is a terrible thing when some people are willing to take money from someone that does not have it. This company EDP Reporting AKA Edebitpay llc was taken to court by the FTC back in 2007. A final order for permanent injunction was entered on 17 January 2008. They were ordered to pay back more than 2 million dollars. Looks like they are back in "business as usual" Best thing to do is file a complaint with the FTC. http://www.ftc.gov
    The complaint website for the FTC is here https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

• Do
      28th of Oct, 2008

On Sept. 09th, 2008 EDP took out $49.95 out of my checking acct. without authization, , , I have tried repeatedly to talk to someone or have this charge reversed... I did not authorize this withdrawl from my acct...I want $49.95 reversed and back into my checking acct... Why can't you people be more legal in your dealings... I am very upset and if necessary I will contact my lawyer and take legal action against EDP... Do You understand... with due respect, considering the circumstance... Douglas F. Losse, 206-633-1812

• Do
      28th of Oct, 2008

You people are bad, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , I am very displeased...douglas frederick losse...

• St
      30th of Oct, 2008

The same thing happened to my husband and I. We went to withdraw funds from our bank account on October 16th to find a charge of 49.45 and a charge of 99.00 had been withdrawn electronically from our bank account. The bank made a copy of the charges and gave us the electronic check copies that were used, and it had EDP reporting name and number on the checks, one of the checks, in the memo area, said the charge was for a prepaid mastercard, the other did not say what the charge was for.
    My husband had gone online a couple nights before to look for a loan to take out. He had recently lost his job and we have a 6 month old baby at home...magically, edp got our information and leaked funds from our account.
    I contacted the company and talked to a Rep named Kim, who told me that the second charge was a 99.00 charge towards an online magazine membership for tools and home products.
    She said we could receive a refund by printing out the cancellation forms and faxing them in along with a copy of our bank statement that showed the charges. We went to our local grocery store that charges to send faxes and sent through all the information...even received a transmission verification report showing where the fax had been sent to, how many pages were sent, and what time it was sent. The company claims they need 24-48 hours to contact you about your refund after receiving the fax...I never got that call!
    I gave them 7 days to contact me and they never did, so I contacted them back to find out what the hold up was. They told me they had no verification I had ever sent the fax. When I explained to them the fax was sent and I even have a confirmation page showing the date, time, number, and everything, they told me to calm down and that they would investigate. I called back later, and they told me that possibly they were receiving another fax at the time or maybe the fax machine wasn't working at the time, and to resend it. I told them I would not resend it. It cost me 7.00 to send, and it was sent properly and I had confirmation of this, and if they didn't receive it than that was their fault and they were not going to get another dime of my money until I get mine back. She then basically tried to treat me as if I was a child, and calm me down, even though I wasn't yelling, just talking matter of fact and she told me there was nothing she could do. I asked for her to put me in touch with the people "who can do something" and she apologized and told me she could not do that.
    I explained to her that my husband and I were going straight to the bank to report this and get our money back and then we were swinging by the police station to file a report...my husband is at the bank right now, and once he gets back, we're bundling our daughter up and going to the police station.
    Oh, and in regards to the fact that I told this Rep that I read the many complaints online while researching, and found that many others have been frauded and are going through the same exact thing...her comment was, "That's probably a website for venting. I doubt any of the complaints are true." They're liars and they steal.

• Ke
      4th of Nov, 2008

took my gas bill money and i am pissed. get jesus in your life.

• Er
      11th of Nov, 2008

pless refund my forty nine dollars and ninty five cents and ninety nine dollars i fax my account to u 11-10-08 eric wills

• Er