edf energy / electric bill

1 Prospect house, wealdSevenoaks, England, Kent, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 01732461900

For the last 2 years my eletric bill has been around the £125. mark and yesterday they sent me a bill for £2, 123.30 out of the blue. They merely said it was a catch up bill!!

Comments

Ka
  17th of Mar, 2009

Please let me know what we can do about this. My electricity bill - for a one roomed flat - has always been about 70 pounds. I have just received a bill for 7, 262.66 for a three month period and was also told it was a catch up bill, despite many visits for meter reading.
In my commercial premises, I switched from British Gas to EDF recently, because they sold me the idea of Green Energy, and I also had a price increase of ten times the normal bill.
My friend has just received a bill from EDF for Nine Thousand Pounds!
This has got to be some kind of terrible rip off, and I am just not sure what to do about it.

Ma
  1st of Apr, 2009

Hi there
thanks for this complaint wich helped my 77-yr-old mum. She had cold-callers to the door yesterday who said they'd come from Martin Lewis (TV Money-Saving scam) and his research had given them a list of names of people who were being overcharged for their energy bills. They promised a saving of £8/month... she has NEVER EVER succumbed to cold-sellers before but did so. Thankfully she phoned me to ask me to look it all up on tinterweb.. so she is now cancelling. These 'catch-up bills' sound horrendous but they'll have found a small-print way to make it legal... anyway as a result my Mum is cancelling and staying with e-on, who she's been with for many years and has never had a problem with. So thanks for the info...
kind regards
chris

Op
  12th of Nov, 2009

I just received yesterday a bill on my door from EDF energy of about £2, 000, a bill that is from June 2005 until July 2009. After having called them, they simply said it was because all bills were estimates and this was just an adjustment! Just an adjusment!!?!?!? why don't they make an adjustment every 20 years and claim a million back?

Fo
  8th of Feb, 2010

My wife and i legally bought a business almost 4 years ago, and purchased through a lawyer obtained all the necessary documentation to enter into a lease/premises. With all the searches, that go with it 2 weeks after "moving in" to the premises we get a £22, 000 bill from EDF!! WOW.

There is no way that we owe/d this kind of money, its not possible and EDF know that, but they say its down to the landlord, and guess what he say's in reply...tuff!

We have tried to fight it, but we are a small business that cannot afford the £250 -400 per hour fees for the lawyers to combat this extortionate bullying which has pushed us to the limits, both financially and mentally. How can this be? how can they get away withit? Why will no one listen or help? Why when we produce documentation do they always put us through to another department?

End of the line EDF (Extortion Depending on Fraud)

Mark

Is
  20th of Jun, 2011

iv just received a bill of 1500 pounds from edf telling me that i have not payed since june last year as ive been paying them buy cash at my local post office i have no money trail to fall back on also ive got rid of all my bills so there is no way i can prove that i have paying i did phone an asked if they wernt receiving anything from me why not send me a warning /final notice it was the classic reply our systems did not update the change.people beware and keep all records even it means a couple of years or so or else

Je
  1st of Oct, 2013

IN DEC 2011 I RENTED A TWO BEDROOM COTTAGE . I PAID A BILL FOR £115.00 THE NEXT BILL CAME IN AT £1577.00 I DISPUTED IT AT THE TIME AND TOLD THAT I NEEDED TO SUPPLY THEM WITH READING EACH DAY FOR 7 DAYS I WAS UNABLE TO AS I WAS MOVING OUT, WHICH I DID IN JUNE 2012
I WROTE TO THEM GIVING MY FORWARDING ADDRESS AND, NEVER HEARD A WORD UNTIL NOW WHEN I GOT A DEBT COMPANY CONTACT ME WITH REGARDS TO A £ 8755.44 OUT STANDING BILL FROM MARCH 2012 MAY 2013 I WAS NOT LIVING THERE WHICH I CAN PROVE BUT CAN ANY ONE ADVISE ME WHAT I DO ABOUT THE ORIGINAL BILL OF £1577.00 WHICH I KNOW MUST HAVE BEEN WRONG, HELP HELP PLEASE .