Econo Lodge / Customer Service/Cleanliness

4669 Hwy 192, Kissimmee, FL, United States Review updated:

Greetings,

I booked a room on priceline.com and I am a choice hotel member. When we arrived at the hotel the desk clerk said I was not eligible to use my points to go towards the room because I booked it on line. Well, I have done this many times before and never was an issue. Is this a new policy?

Then we get to the room and there was a dirty towel hanging on the door and tub had not been cleaned. Called front desk she sent someone to the room we had stepped out but all they did is get the towel. Then, turn tv on and it was all snowy. Had to have the maint. person come fix that.

Go to eat breakfast and there are little ants crawling on the counter top where the food and beverages were. That was enough to turn me away from there. I have never had such a bad experience at an econo lodge and we have stayed at alot of them. I would like to be compensated for the 2 nights we stayed there somehow. I know it was inexpensive but that discourages me from ever staying at another Econolodge.

Thank you for any assistance you can give me.
Diane Karavolos

Comments

• Qu
      28th of May, 2014

I stayed in the Econo Lodge in Reading Pa and found bed bugs when I woke in the morning. I After checking my bags I found a bug inside from the clothes that had been at the bottom of the bed. I had to burn all my feather pillows...feather quilts as well as all of mine, my husband and sons clothing. I felt after talking to house keeping and being told that it is common for the bed bugs in this hotel, that I had no choice but to burn everything and not take a chance on having them be brought into my home. The front desk could have cared less that I found the bug, when I brought it to the front desk in a napkin to show them, the man dropped it on the floor.