DVDAvenue.tv / Rip off!

1 Alberta, Canada Review updated:

The boxset I ordered had no sound on half the dvd's so, I asked for a replacement set, to which they agreed to send me. Well, it took six months and numerous notices before I realized that I had been suckered by what I finally pictured as, a two-bit, fly-by-night scam site which is probably run by some basement dwelling geek who burns cheap dvd's from old VHS tapes and packages them with dvd holders that he bought at the dollar store! The boxset was $120 and I received no replacement or refund(I was told that I would, but didn't!) I hope that plenty of people will see these complaints and end up not making the same mistake that I did! I will no longer buy anything online-ever!!

Comments

25th of Apr, 2008

Same Story! I was robbed by this company! I purchased a DVD set - 2 discs had the same episodes and 4 discs were blank. I have tried numerous times over the past 15 months to either have a replacement set shipped or my money refunded to no avail. I am disgusted and disappointed that a company can take money from hard-working people and have no regard for providing the product that they offer. It is appaling that this criminal will not take the appropriate measures to rectify this situation. Although I have purchased online from other sources and have had no problems, the outcome of this purchase had made me reconsider online purchasing. I work too hard to have my money taken from some 2-bit theiving scam artist.

• Fe
      4th of Aug, 2008

i've been ordering dvds for a little over a year. the only site i use is you. your site is insecure. some one has gotten a hold of my debit card number and has used it on several other sites and ran up my account to $357.00. i chose you because you give me the full series. i find it hard to trust you any more. i call your number and it's rarely available. now, i have to change my bank account. i choose never to use you again. i have filed a police report and gave them your e-mail address as well as the phone number. i have cerebral palsy and i'm on low income. i try to save up to order dvds from you. i watch dvds alot. i honestly not sure what to do now. if you want my business, you will have to find away to earn my trust back.
    sincerely, feleena hopewell