Dreamworks Vacation Club / Scam, writes bad pay checks

1 Parsippany, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 267-237-1335

My daughter applied for a job thinking it was for the Hilton Hotel chain. It was not, it was selling Dreamworks vacation packages. She told me she "thought" it was a scam and her first paycheck was 1 week short. In addition when she went to deposit this check the Bank (Bank of America) couldn't scan or read the check. The check was deposited 3 times and the company account had insufficient funds. When we called she was sick and hospitalized so I had to call, the only # we had and left a message the manager returned the call from a blocked #. He yelled and screamed and carried on and stated "how dare we accuse him of writing fraudulent checks, etc." He hung up and called back again w/the same tirade. Then his assistant called and said the same thing and told me she was the ONLY one who had this issue (she was not), that they would issue a new check and overnight it via the post office (they did not). I asked for a bank check and to be reimbursed for fews incurred. 5 days later and after many phone calls she received a new check (via UPS not USPS) and they still owe her $30.00. They also fired her because I, her mother was "rude" to the husband (his wife called my daughter and told her I-the mother needed to apologize)I had never spoken to her before about any of this, she was a raving maniac) All my daughter wanted was her $ after they wrote bad checks and I gave them a hard time which I should not have had to do to begin with.

Mb

Comments

• De
      11th of Jul, 2008

I'm trying to figure out if the same person manages all Dreamworks offices in NJ. We went to Westhampton and had a lot of difficulty. I called there trying to get satisfaction and talked to Darryl, the manager, who was very rude. I understand that his wife is also employed by the company, so wondered if it was the same couple who were rude to the employee's mother. We are atill trying to get a refund, 10 months later.

• St
      23rd of Jul, 2008

I've worked for Dreamworks Vacation Club for the past two years. I have never been shorted on any of my paychecks and have been able to support myself and my son off the salary I make here. Daryl, my manager is an awesome guy who treats all his employees with the utmost respect.Daryl does everything and anything to help his employees whatever their problem may be. I assure you that Dreamworks is not a scam. Honestly, it does seem to good to be true...but working for this company is one experience that has been pleasurable and truly real.

21st of Aug, 2008

I received a voucher in the mail for "free" air fare for two. I googled the name. that's how I happened upon this. most of these type things are scams so I have no intention of calling, especially after reading this. I will say one thing to the mom of the daughter that got a bad check. I have a daughter too. she's 19 and my only child. however, if your daughter is old enough to work then she's old enough to handle her own problems at a job. I know as a mom our first instinct is to protect our children. but, you're not doing her any favors by trying to handle any conflict she has at a job. our job is to make our children independent and to be able to help themselves. if I were an employer and there was an issue with one of my employees and their mother called to take issue with me, I would fire that employee immediately! if the kids own mother thinks she's not capable enough to negotiate a solution to whatever the problem was then I would consider that kid incapable of working for me and performing her job.

• Ke
      5th of Sep, 2008

Evreryone please read: the only legitimate posts here are the complaints!!! every single comment regarding dreamworks shoddy, 2-cent operation is accurate, truthful and representative of their employees hard sell of lies & credit card rip-offs. even within their promotion after turning them down, you have to decipher a flight manual to comply.

People who leave compliments about a company on what they're "expected" to deliver do not visit a complaint web site titled consumer complaints and post compliments. their employess do!!! they post a couple of fake compliments to dispute and invalidate the 100% scam that this co. is all about.

Tehy don't disclose the name prior to your visit because they know you'll do just this! investigate.

Go back and read some of their employees fake compliments on the other complaint sites! how ridiculous they all sound!! if you were pleased with a product or service, would you come to this site and write a compliment? be honest!!! of course not!

Any rebutal or kind words could only be coming from their own employees.

Contnue to use travelocity and orbitz and save yourself the headache and debit of $ 8, 000 from your checking account and $169 yearly fee!!!

• To
      19th of Sep, 2008

Anyone looking for the owner of this scam outfit, please contact me personally.

5th of Nov, 2008

They threat their employees like trash! They have a few favorites they look after but thats it. Pretty much they just use and abuse! I feel bad for the people who work for him. It is all a huge scam!