Drambuieberry Holly Smith

Posted: Sep 6, 2013 by

Bad Breeder

4.5
Please beware of this breeder Prefix Drambuieberry Holly Smith - when buying a kitten if you have a concern after purchase she will not take it lightly and if you mention her to local breeders they will tell you to stay well away as she is known for taking cats home then trying to get money off by saying the cat has illness etc even when it is as healthy as can be or she reserves then changes her mind and demands deposit back! She is a compulsive liar and really not a nice person.

Stay well clear of this young lady!
Complaint comments Comments (29)    Updated: Complaint country United Kingdom Complaint category Cat Breeders

Comments

A  10th of Oct, 2013 by    -2 Votes
OMG I had the same problem with her - she is a compulsive liar - makes up stories about her family so that you feel sorry for her and so you dont take matters further. She made out she had a daughter who was sick which turned out to be a lie. Awful person but came across so nice at the start - wish I never dealt with her.
N  6th of Nov, 2013 by    -1 Votes
Can either of you tell me your outcomes.
I have paid a deposit for 2 kittens, I looked at the facebook page etc, and she seemed legit, now im very worried.
N  6th of Nov, 2013 by    +3 Votes
This breeder is legit, and it seems these complaints are not.
D  6th of Nov, 2013 by    -1 Votes
I am a well established breeder of 28 years. I am also a judge of the breed and have had many dealings with this young woman. If i were to buy a kettle for example and it was faulty i would request some sort of refund, just because we are dealing with live animals does not mean refunds of some sort should be abolished. I myself have bought a cat in the past that was unwell on collection, at this point i asked for the vet fees to be paid. This was done immediately, i would like to say that this was nothing to do with Holly or her breeding program. I would like to say that i would deal with Holly time and time again, the love, time and dedication she puts in to producing quality healthy kittens is of a very high standard. I was simply shocked to see this. I would sell to her, and buy from her, she is a lovely young woman. Im also not sure what a sick child/ family issues has to do with this, in my opinion its simply nasty and spiteful to put this on here. As a breeder myself, many will like you, many wont, its part of the hobby, and life sadly. I must say once more that i highly recommend this breeder. "the russian" dont believe everything you read, she will treat you well and produce a beautiful kitten to join your home and family, some people have nothing better to do with their time than put others down.
D  6th of Nov, 2013 by    +1 Votes
My name is John Edwards and i have bought 3 stunning cats from the breeder in question. I am a Lawyer based in Nottingham and i simply couldn't be happier with the health of my kittens, the care before my wife and i collected them was outstanding, her home clean and spacious and the service excelled my expectations. I would recommend her to anyone, and can only think that there are two very different sides to this story. Its a shame that such a hard working young woman has been put down in this way. Some people have far to much time of their hands! Good luck to Holly in the future, keep doing what your doing, you will always have people that are jealous and unkind. Anyone who calls you a liar in my experience is more than likely the liar themselves.
D  6th of Nov, 2013 by    -2 Votes
I am a well established breeder of 32 years and judge of the British Shorthair Breed. I have sold to and purchased from this breeder and i have to say that im disgusted in those who feel the need to bad mouth, lie and do anything else in their power to disrupt such a lovely young lady. I would also like to mention here that Holly's cats have gone on to win many shows, are featured in a number of fantastic books written by vets and two of Holly's kittens are currently on TV adverts! Please, to anyone who reads this nonsense, take no notice.
D  7th of Nov, 2013 by    -1 Votes
This is just ridiculous. I've had the pleasure of doing business with Miss Smith and she was nothing but professional and incredibly helpful through the whole process of purchasing one of her beautiful kittens. As a brand new cat mummy, I had loads of questions and she made me feel comfy and confident about taking care of the newest member of our family. Her follow-up with our family was above and beyond. I absolutely CAN see her being very concerned should she have received a cat that wasn't in perfect health, as she certainly seemed to me to be 100% all about the well-being of all of her animals. I would recommend her as a breeder to anyone looking for a kitten. This just sounds like another breeder with a bad case of sour grapes. Jealousy is ugly.
D  7th of Nov, 2013 by    -2 Votes
Having just read the complaint regarding Holly Smith I am shocked. I always concerns me when a complainant makes such damming accusations and apparently knows so much about someone but doesn't leave their name. I notice that all the comments that have come after the complaint are not anonymous!

I have know Holly for several years through breeding. She has a surprisingly vast amount of knowledge, professionalism for her age. Her cats and kittens are a credit to her dedication to the high standards that she sets with regard to the welfare of any cat or kitten that she is involved with. Her breeding queens and tom are stunning and the kittens she has produced over the years equally stunning. Any owner of a kitten purchased from Holly will vouch for this and will also vouch for the ongoing aftercare that Holly will provide for as long as is desired. The environment in which the cats are bred is spotless and the cats are given the best of care. If Holly has any concern regarding the welfare of any cat, kitten either sold or purchased she will, quite rightly, query this as ultimately her responsibility lays with the welfare of the cat.. I wish all breeders would have the same professional and moral approach to their breeding. With regard to the personal comments about Holly being a compulsive liar and and the comments about her family, I would say that you may need to take a look at yourself. No mature or professional person would consider making such personal and hurtful comments on such a public forum, Those persons definately do not know what they are talking about.

Continued good luck to Drambuieberry and Holly, don't knock someone because they have high standards and will stand up for what they believe in. The high number people on her waiting list for kittens not yet born speaks for itself!

Karen Cooper
N  4th of Dec, 2013 by    +2 Votes
katie hill is it 28 or 32 years you have been breeding haha your a joke right?
N  5th of Dec, 2013 by    0 Votes
Regarding previous comment - are you contributing anything in support or just making pointless comments?
N  10th of Dec, 2013 by    +2 Votes
Please note i have tried to contact katie hillard directly as have received an email from the lady - however she is yet to reply. I have also contacted the gccf and tica and google searched to try and find a breeder of that name however i have sadly been unsuccessful - once again this is holly smith playing her games. It has since been brought to my attention through a fellow breeder that she has done a similar act to another bsh breeder down south and is now writing complaints on this board about her - please note holly it is not this young lady that has made this complaint against you and i feel this site has turned the complaint into a slagging match and am willing to remove my post if you remove your posts regarding other breeders as it was never my intention to harm other peoples businesses but simply make people aware of your erratic behaviour.
A  28th of Mar, 2014 by    +2 Votes
Holly smith Drambuieberry is a disgrace to breeding This lady is a shark. She advertises bsh and when you enquire all kittens are mysteriously sold as she makes out she is that popular. She then offers you another kitten to your requirement. I was told I was purchasing a kitten ready early June I then paid a £100 deposit. She then emailed me with a receipt saying August ? When I rang to query this she claimed that the mum had not even been into stud ?? She then tried to sell me a completely different kitten not to my original requirements and made me feel like I was being awkward she would try and manipulate you into believing that this is the kitten that you want. As a breeder of 20 years I am more expierenced in what lines are best trying to tell me that a cream mum would not have cream kittens. I then politely asked that my deposit was returned she refuses then has got aggressive over the phone and via text with harassment She is not a lover of any breed and she has numerous complaints of which is now apparent. She is deceiving buyers that she has kittens when really they are not even pregnant. I am left now with little alternative than to make a police statement with ref to the threats and abuse and also report her to the gccf and cfa. I still have not kitten nor my deposit so I will seek the courts advice.
STAY AWAY.
A  13th of Apr, 2014 by    0 Votes
I can confirm this as I had exactly the same experience with this young lady...almost mirrored what you describe!! I Won't go into detail as it's a long story of lies and manipulation but I also have sought advise from the police regarding this woman. Please please please stay away!
N  20th of May, 2014 by    0 Votes
I have just read your comments about Holly Smith but is really difficult to know which story to believe as I was intending to purchase a cat/kitten from her.
I know from experience if that you can change your mind about letting a kitten go, for example, you are not 100% happy with where it is going or maybe you would like to keep it for further breeding programmes or show. BUT a deposit should always be returned if you cannot supply the kitten.
I am lost
N  12th of Jun, 2014 by    -1 Votes
To all those who have not verbally attacked me, thank you. Many people have seen this, and the majority have contacted me and asked me to explain the situations and i have. I will also clear up a few situations on here. Although some of these situations are true, there is also a very different side which is of course my side. Firstly, with regards to the first complaint, i purchased a kitten who came to me and after 3 weeks of illness from being at the breeders home and much testing the vets confirmed that she had an eye infection called Chlamydophila. At this point i contacted the breeder and asked for her to pay for her the sick kitten she sold to me. She did so, yet still complained. Could this be a case of a breeder not wishing to take responsibility for her animals?

Liz, in response to your complaint. This is simply inaccurate. I stated via phone conversation and email the collection date. A deposit was then placed. It was decided that you didnt want to wait. You included a solicitor in your email who knew you but on calling had no idea of the complaint or that his name was used. You then went on to threaten me, "I will send some big ### men to your house to kill you" At this point i walked away, stopped trying to help you and have put my safety first. I have all the emails as evidence for this should anyone want to see the truth to this story.

Lastly, i would ask anyone who see's this not to believe everything you read online. Not everyone will like me or agree with how i do things. Deposits are put in place to stop time wasters, every breeder does this that i know of, and i have purchased from some being the top breeders in the UK, USA and Europe. I make sure that everything is put in writing, explaining the conditions which keeps both parties in the loop and confident in what they are buying.

My most important point in all this is, i breed healthy, beautiful, and happy kittens, from healthy happy parents. I work incredibly hard at what i do and have a love and passion for these beautiful cats. You will clearly see this if you join our facebook page full of current owners of our beautiful kittens, and view our website.

Holly
D  20th of Jun, 2014 by    -1 Votes
I have just purchased a (active) kitten from Holly. I would like to share my experience, I contacted her back in December 2013, I was told she would have kittens Summer 2014. I asked to place a deposit, and would wait for the right kitten. I was told that her cats carry impressive lines and that her pedigrees are almost all red which meant they carry World Wide Champions and EU Champions along with many Grand Champions. I didn't ask to see any paperwork as such, I put my trust in her. Spring 2014 came and I got the call to say my kitten had been born and would be ready to collect on June 1st at 12 weeks of age, we arranged a viewing. I was excited, as were my partner and children.
On arriving, Holly was professional, calm and welcoming. She went over the paperwork with us, explained every step in detail and showed us our professional kitten pictures. We were blown away, just when I thought things couldn't get better, we were able to view all her cats and kittens, see her set up and speak with her local vets who were in her home going through pictures of her kittens for a book coming out at the end of this year. Beyond impressed. Furthermore to this we met out kitten and this was the icing on the cake for us! Our little girl was of such a high quality, her teeth, coat, everything simply perfect.
We collected our kitten at the beginning of this month and have had testing done, she is in excellent health and has been in the words of our vets "bred to an incredibly high standard"
We couldn't have asked for a better experience and I would highly recommend her to everyone I know.
D  20th of Jun, 2014 by    -1 Votes
I had a wonderful experience with this breeder and have a placid, happy and healthy kitty. I have no idea what this is all about but i would highly recommend her. She is a lovely person, with a great cattery and set up and stunning cats.
D  20th of Jun, 2014 by    -1 Votes
Fantastic Breeder, Highly Recommend Holly and her cats. I am ruled by two of her kittens :)
D  16th of Jul, 2014 by    -1 Votes
I have (in the last 3 weeks) purchased two kittens from this breeder. She's been a pleasure to deal with, has worked hard to raise my two beauties and provided all the paperwork as promised. She seems to have been honest, and has kept her word. From my personal experience i would highly recommend Holly and her kittens. There is no question that her kittens are of a superb quality.
N  16th of Jul, 2014 by    -2 Votes
Excellent breeder, went above and beyond for us, true to her word, kitten and papers collected 1 week ago, tests have just come in from the vets showing 0 titre levels for FIP, and is disease free and in perfect health. Not everyone is perfect all the time, mistakes are made and things get pushed aside and forgotten about, however, we went to Holly to buy a healthy kitten after our previous kitten died of FIP at just 14 weeks of age from Fiona House - Dorset. Im thrilled we found Holly and bought from her despite the nasty lies on here. She is a genuinely beautiful person, inside and out and, with a great cattery, set up and family.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree