Domestic Uniform Rental

Posted:

Fraudulent billing practices

4.45
Domestic Uniform Rental
My company has been doing business with Domestic Uniform (fka Domestic Linen Supply) for over 30 years. We had decent service up until about 4 years ago when this company began the shady practice of billing us for non-existent uniforms. They have been billing us for 11 or so uniforms at the rate of $ 20.00 + per week. They have not picked up nor delivered any uniforms to us in well over 3 years when a few of our guys were laid off and retired. Unfortunately, because we cannot "PROVE TO THEM" that we ever returned the "NON-EXISTENT" uniforms, they have been continuing to bill us for them. They have not picked up any uniforms from us to clean in about 4 years time. We stopped using their uniforms because they always screwed up the orders by taking uniforms and not giving us clean ones the following week like they were supposed to. We have been paying these sheisters over $ 175.00 per month for 15 towels and a bag full of rags!!!The last contract we signed with them was in January 2004 (a full 5 year contract that would have expired in January 2009 if it hadn't Rolled Over FOR another 5 YEARS!!! Now they have the NERVE to DEMAND that WE PAY THEM a BUY-OUT FEE to get out of a 10 YEAR CONTRACT!!! They are MAFIA in my opinion. This company is owned by three immoral lawyers who don't give a flying fart about customer satisfaction!!! They are horrible!!Please help us by letting other companies know not to do business with them!!!
Complaint comments Comments (40)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

Comments

A  24th of Apr, 2012 by    +2 Votes
We are in the exact same position. They are theives and there should be a class action suit against them. They are trying to say they have a binding agreement because they have a document signed by a secretary!!! We are a church, only a pastor can enter into a contract! And the kicker is they asked for someone to sign for a delivery (clear lie) then crossed off the name and rewrote it on the contract!!! Then they threaten to sue, sue, sue!! These people need to be stopped!!!
A  9th of May, 2013 by    +4 Votes
We, like so many other small companies have been victimized by this group of national thugs parading as a legitimate business . At first product and service was okay . Then things got worse and worse. So bad that more of the rags were un usable than not . Fender cover so oily we had to clean and polish every fender we used the covers on .Fraudulent billing practice, not removing ex employees from manifest after several timely request .Repaired garments looking like hobos clothes compared to the rest. When the fender covers had metal shards and damaged 2 cars I had all I could take . my frustration level was so high I could not trust these ### one more week . All this despite Phone calls to tom Hench local service rep, and repeated complaints to the driver .
Then 3 months later domestic sues ME for breach of contract claiming damage of 22 k for services thru the year 2017 . I am left with 5 k legal fees and we are not done yet . WHEREEVER they are located the are crooks that do not care about the service or product they deliver one bit . They specialize in contract enforcement, and they do that very well indeed . This company needs to be investigated by the attorney general, or a class action suite needs to brought against them . RUN, and spread the word to prevent small businesses from suffering this NIGHTMARE
N  28th of Jun, 2013 by    +2 Votes
I am another upset domestic customer who is getting sued. Anyone want to do a class action with me ( in California)? Email me stefanie600@hotmail.com
A  28th of Jun, 2013 by    +4 Votes
Who owns Domestic Linen?
N  27th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Monat they are a company with headquarters located at 30555 North Western Highway Suite 300 Farmington Hills Michigan 48334, however they refer all their COLLECTIONS to their collections in Florida listed as Greenberg Grant and Richard, one of the manager is Mark Colton and he is also an attorney for Domestic in Michigan, very well organized scam
A  1st of Feb, 2014 by    +1 Votes
we only recently began using Domestic Uniform... After a few months of making EVERY attempt to get satisfactory service, we told them we didnt want their service any longer. We spoke to a representative who told us if we write a letter stating the repeated problems, we would be let out of the FIVE YEAR (?) contract. Today, we got a letter from a lawyer stating we either pay them 7500.00 or we continue their service for the remaining 4 1/2 years. They breached the contract first by failing to fulfil their part, yet we still have to continue our part. How does a company like this stay open? I got the name from another business that thought they were great.. (key word THOUGHT). So I THOUGHT it would be great. in the first month, it was a disaster! Repeated promises from the company rep that things would get better and "it takes time to tweak things to get them perfect". .. yea right. They breached first... now theyre demanding we hold up our end. Dont know what we're going to do yet, but better believe Ill tell every soul that will listen not to do business with them. We own a business and know EVERY other owner of the same type of business in the state. Our state will fall off their map soon. Im SO angry. A letter from an attorney... and THEY breached, then lied. Geeez
N  27th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
@irritated customer in I have the same problem but I am fighting them back, I found help with some attorneys that are seeking to file a RICO case against this MAFIA, ..
N  8th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@elmonte Who is this lawyer? I would love to file a case against them.
A  17th of Feb, 2014 by    +3 Votes
Domestic will sue you. We are going into arbitration at the end of this month.. we did a chemical analysis of their towels and they are full of toxic chemicals that were not safe for our use..
We hope we can prevail against these mafia style tactics.. I hope a US attorney can get involved and size these rip off artists and put them in jail where they belong.
N  12th of Jan, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Screwed over by Domestic Uniform can you send me a copy of that report. i too am a victum.
Mike user138322@aol.com
N  20th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
@fourstar Hey, I’m in a situation like this at the moment, did you get this settled down or ???
A  19th of May, 2014 by    +3 Votes
All the above and beyond just this platform is true and correct. Research, cut / copy all complaints found and document.
Erroneous Billing (e.g. contract states "minimum charges", however escalated charges each week)
Toxic substance on towels and linens
Holes, frayed edges, wrinkled and stained
Delivery times and items inconsistent
@JD1010 let's get this MAFIA 0922nc@gmail.com
A  1st of Sep, 2014 by    +1 Votes
I am a small business owner in Pa that just realized we were being double charged for floor mats and aprons that we never recieved from day one! In all my free time (yea free time, ha!) I never thought to check up on my towels guy. I have 4 food dostruibtors to look in on! I thought I was doing something by supporting another small guy, and not using a larger company like Cintas... We'll I switched to Cintas and now Domestic sends me a legal letter demanding I pay out my contract! These guys won't refund what I didn't receive, they are the lowest form of life. So for the next year, as I continue to use their service for the absolute minimum, I will be reminded bi-weekly when they deliver to get online and do as much bad publicity as possible for this pathetic company.
A  17th of Feb, 2015 by    +2 Votes
Add one more to the list of unhappy domestic customers. I had the displeasure of also being charged for uniforms that belonged to employees that were not with the company for months, even though I repeatedly told the driver, rep, and district manager about the problem, they just continued to charge, when I finally told them enough was enough, they claimed that uniforms were never returned. Some were not, and were payed for when the employees were terminated, yet even after they stopped delivering the uniforms, they continued to charge until I broke down and just payed for the uniforms they said were missing, even though they claimed all were missing, only a few were. 500 dollars later, plus the months of extra uniform charges on my weekly bill that they won't reemburse, and that was squared away. When I brought up to them that I wanted a copy of my contract because my original copy was lost during office re-organization, they never delivered it. After calling them repeatedly, they did nothing. I then called them to tell them I want to discuss pricing before my contract expired they did nothing. Only when I told them that another company could save me over 1, 400 dollars a year, with additional services included did someone finally show up to talk. They told me they would have new figures for me in a week. after 2 months with no word, I finally sent them a cancellation letter, and decided to go with another company. They show up the day after they receive the letter and tell me they can cut 1, 800 from my yearly bill. 1, 800 they were more than willing to rip me off of until I brought up that other companies can do much better. Then they decide it's worth their time. When I finally got a copy of my contract it was only the sign page, and none of the pages with actual contract terms on it. I'm guessing purposely so that I could not study their termination clauses. Now they expect me to pay 12, 000 dollars in termination costs, even though I have only 9 months left on my contract. I will be deciding what course of action to take, but may just pay my weekly minimum, while telling them to shove their services up their )(*I&%$, rather than having to see them deliver anything to my building on principle. after six years they will not have my business any longer, which will be this december, and I will be calling at least 1 restaurant in the area daily for the sole purpose of informing them of domestic uniform rentals business practices.
N  27th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Angry Italian guy there is a way OUT!!! please see all my replies to all the people that have been robbed!!! 0922nc@gmail.com

me too, I got a so called "BUY-OUT LETTER" and now referred to their OWN !!! collection department registered in Florida under the Connecticut Jurisdiction..
A  18th of Mar, 2015 by     Best Advice +4 Votes
We have been trying from day 1 to get out of our contract with this scam of a place they call a Company!!! We are 2 years into our contract and sending certified letters every week. They have us signing that we are getting 5 mats every week when we only have 1 and they say we are getting 3 complete sets of uniforms every week when we are NOT receiving ANY uniforms because we sent them all back. There uniforms look like something a 4th grader made and were an embarrassment for our guys to be wearing. We have complained SOOOOOO many times and had absolutely NO resolution. They continue to bill us weekly and we continue to pay because we don't want our credit ruined by these rip offs!!! Our driver was here again today and we finally refused to sign ANY paper work from them because they are all LIES!!! Let's see what they do now that we refuse to sign any more paperwork?? If anyone does a class action, we ARE in and will help in anyway possible to take these thieves out of business and close their doors!!
@Affordable Plumbing I am a victim, there is a way out!!! 0922nc@gmail.com
A  17th of Jul, 2015 by    +2 Votes
This company are full of crooks. We were told to try the uniform for 30 days then decide, then they said we were stuck for 5 years. Once we solved that issue, 6 moths of arguing, they started saying we were missing uniforms and trying to charge us over 25k. Don't use this company, go to a Walmart and get the same pants for $20. If you do proceed doing business with domestic linen then start a fund for legal fees now.
N  27th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
@domestic are crooks there is a way out!!! this company is an organized MAFIA that robs with a smile on their face, because nobody has stand up to them, 0922nc@gmail.com
A  10th of Dec, 2015 by    0 Votes
I have a situation where my family business was using these guys and then we had to shut down. We figured everything was done after calling them to tell them when our business was closing and the delivery people coming to collect a final bill with all the items last stored in our place. Now a few months later they send us a bill saying we owe over $1000 based off of a 5 year paper signed. We are not even going with another company or planning to open another business. Can they do this in a situation where you shut down? Shouldn't be all over after closing down? Yet they are still coming at ua saying we owe this amount.
N  28th of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Ruthr I have a same situation..we had to shutdown family business and they are claiming for 4k. Did you find any solution or you had to pay ?
N  27th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Zekhu there is a way out!! this is an organized MAFIA that robs with a smile on their face 0922nc@gmail.com
N  6th of May, 2016 by    0 Votes
I was a purchasing agent at a company that used there printing towels from 2004 to 2015 until we filed bankruptcy and no longer exist. I have received threatening calls and U S mail from a collection agency hired by domestic to collect money they lost in the bankruptcy . they are trying to collect 3, 700 from the bankruptcy and 5, 700 for services never rendered that would have fulfilled the contract. Domestic is trying to collect the money from me personally claiming I guaranteed the contract.
A  23rd of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes
I owned an Indian Restaurant and used Domestic Linens until I closed and sold my Business. Since then I have received threatening calls and U S mail from a collection agency hired by domestic to collect money . They are trying to collect 5, 700 for services never rendered that would have fulfilled the contract. Domestic is trying to collect the money from me personally claiming I guaranteed the contract. Very Fraud Company and please please don't do business with Domestic Linens.
A  29th of Sep, 2016 by    0 Votes
seriously someone has to do something about this company and how it operates!!! this company is own by crook lawyers!!! i have the same situation as all of you guys do!!! roll over contract should be illegal!!! stuff is missing or random stuff is added on!! this is 100% a fraud company!!! do not do business with domestic Linens!
A  17th of Jan, 2017 by    0 Votes
I wish I had look into these complaint and review website before using Domestic. I too gotten into a 5 year agreement when I was told it was a month to month. Services and products were constant questionable. Pricing raises every month and now that finally we gotten to end of our contract we had given our notice 3 month prior to termination and wham we found out about the 6 month notification requirements. We will now be auto enroll into another 5 month without choice. I didn't know a company can do such thing without any recuperation from its industry or its customer.
If anyone can help please advise.
N  4th of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Trap without choice I am interested in talking to anyone who might have been victimized by this company

Please contact me.

Robert itzkow, Esq.
(312)213-9100
N  27th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Ritzesq Robert, I have been calling you, I have left messages and I sent you emails as well. Has your client settled??
N  27th of Jan, 2017 by    0 Votes
Did ANYONE have any luck getting their issues resolved or NOT paying these lawsuits against them ?
N  2nd of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
@sadtosay1313 Looking to speak to persons possibly victimized by this Company, please contact Robert H. Itzkow, Esq. (312) 213-9100
N  8th of Feb, 2017 by    0 Votes
We cancelled their service before the contract renewed for another 5 years. The delivery guy picked up the uniforms the middle of January. I talked to someone at Domestic to meet with me the middle of January. They told me that they would send someone out... never did. Just received a letter that we owe $$$$ for services rendered on account and $$$ for merchandise that was either not returned or damaged or was returned in abused condition. Plus finance charges - - how is there finance charges when we paid every week and the driver picked up the check. Had issues with their accounting department since they would not apply things correctly. The driver would cross off the amount of the invoice and put a discount down, for some reason that amount would not be recorded in accounting or they would apply the check to a different invoice. I agree they are CROOKS!!!
N  4th of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
@dmpmth I am interested in speaking to anyone victimized by this company. Please contact me.

Robert Itzkow, Esq
(312)213-9100
N  28th of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Ritzesq I was trying to reach you but it's going on vm.. Subway22429@gmail.com
N  27th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
@dmpmth yeap! that is their organized MAFIA against small businesses 0922nc@gmail.com there is a way out
N  20th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Ritzesq I am trying to reach you. Please contact me vietgourmetrestaurant@yahoo.com
N  27th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Ritzesq Robert, is there a law suit started against this company yet? I just received a letter from their lawyer. Could you contact me at service@perfecttuneautorepair.com. Thank You
N  3rd of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
das tru.
A  3rd of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
I agree we have been using them for a while with the same issues as everyone else. PLEASE CONTACT ME IF ANYONE HAS A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT STARTED I WANT IN!! serena@break-wall.com
N  27th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
@SerenaZ Hi Serena, I sent you another email, this company needs to be behind bars

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree