Diversified Collection Services / Abusive and deceitful collection
I have been having problems with Alice Truman concerning a student loan my daughter fell behind on. Ms. Truman coerced her into signing a contract to pay 50.00 a month to prevent her taxes from being offset. Her taxes are being offset anyway. I am on the account as daughter's representative as she cannot afford a home phone and cannot accept personal calls at her job.
Ms. Truman refuses to talk to me, claiming I am harassing her by calling and requesting copies of the contract, particularly the part where the paperwork I have states that any further collection attempts would be halted. It does not mention the fact that her tax refund would be witheld regardless. She then phoned my daughter AT WORK again, after being informed several times that this was not allowed and threatened to have "her mother" jailed if I did not quit phoning the company.
If I am on the account as a representative do I not have the right to call this person?
By the way...the paperwork has never arrived, surprise surprise.
I have contacted the FTC and the BBB concerning this company's and Ms. Truman's actions.
More Diversified Collection Services Complaints & Reviews
- Diversified Collection Services, Inc. (DCS) - Harassing phone calls 
- Diversified Collection Services - taking tax refund 
- Diversified Collection Serviced - Unfair debt collection practices 
- Diversified Collection Services - Harrassment of Neighbors 
- Diversified Collection Services - Loan Collection 
- Diversified Collection Services - Unverifiable State Tax Debt 
- DCS, Diversified Collection Services, Inc - Student Loan Collection 
- Diversified Collection Services - Misleading, untruthful 
- Diversified Collection Services - Illegal Harassment 
- Diversified Collections Services inc - garnishment of wages